Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Jun 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3547342)   #5926
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
so 3:15 then would have been possible. The weather won't allow it though.
Perhaps not.
According to Brendon Hartley is that they will mainly concentrating on race set-up today.
https://twitter.com/BrendonHartley/s...15652015964160
Old 11 Jun 2015, 10:33 (Ref:3547379)   #5927
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
How would a weight increase lead to higher performance? They are already in the highest ERS class (8 MJ).
I will try to explain my point of view:

If all the brands stay in the same ERS category (porsche 8mj; Toyota 6mj; audi 4 mj) and the minimum weight increase, let´s say 50 kg, don´t Porsche "because of 8 mj power" have more power to move the car?

Am I wrong to say that the brand with more hybrid power will have advantage with a weight increase???
Old 11 Jun 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3547380)   #5928
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No, with weight increase competition will not stay in the same ERS category
Old 11 Jun 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3547392)   #5929
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
No, with weight increase competition will not stay in the same ERS category
They will step up?
Old 11 Jun 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3547394)   #5930
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
They will step up?
Yeah I'm pretty sure Toyota 'only' need to find 20kg to go to 8MJ
Old 11 Jun 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3547395)   #5931
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
But in 2017 we could see an increase in ERS category´s!!!!!

10 Mj and even 12 Mj
Old 11 Jun 2015, 11:27 (Ref:3547401)   #5932
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Taht may be true, but first we have 2016
Old 12 Jun 2015, 00:54 (Ref:3547786)   #5933
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW guys, point to no forget : num. 17 had an issue with a hybrid system, Porsche mechanics worked on car around a hour. (tweet one: info about a problem https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/sta...63350652272640 and done! https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/sta...85858382266368 )
That was happend on Thursday.

On Wednesday, num. 19 had a "small" issue with GPS system. (So, and front brake problems for num. 8 Audi).
Old 12 Jun 2015, 06:13 (Ref:3547835)   #5934
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is going to be nail biting stuff! From what I can gather from the data, Audi still seems to have the edge in race pace. It is very close, but ......
Old 12 Jun 2015, 10:32 (Ref:3547890)   #5935
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
This is going to be nail biting stuff! From what I can gather from the data, Audi still seems to have the edge in race pace. It is very close, but ......
I haven't looked at the laps after on http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/, but looking at the live timing Porsche looked to have a slight edge to me. Now pace over multiple stints is another matter.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3547893)   #5936
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
I haven't looked at the laps after on http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/, but looking at the live timing Porsche looked to have a slight edge to me. Now pace over multiple stints is another matter.
Truswell was running the numbers as the #7 & #17 were on longer runs. I didn't hear about Webber's times, but Fassler had a consistent gap to Hartley of a couple of tenths and they were going round at the same time so they encountered the same traffic in the same places.

Either way it will be close.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3547895)   #5937
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Truswell was running the numbers as the #7 & #17 were on longer runs. I didn't hear about Webber's times, but Fassler had a consistent gap to Hartley of a couple of tenths and they were going round at the same time so they encountered the same traffic in the same places.

Either way it will be close.
Ok then excellent. I was hopping for a real on track race and not a strategy or reliability one.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3550201)   #5938
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Strange tech note on likely race winners Porsche from Mulsanne's Corner.

It seems that the third shock/sprint combination up front is a coilover arrangement, but it seems that the main front springs have reverted back to torsion bars as on the RS Spyder:

Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:04 (Ref:3550244)   #5939
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Porsche on their historic 17th Le Mans victory. Always great to see history being made.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3550254)   #5940
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a great showing, both in speed and reliability
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3550260)   #5941
Rookie

500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race overall. A well earned victory for Porsche... they were genuinely fighting with Audi the whole way and were completely legitimate winners.

Fantastic result for Hulkenberg, Bamber and Tandy. I keep thinking the Hulk has been a little overlooked in F1, mostly (I think) because of his tall stature, so it is nice to see him pick up such a win.

Having said that, it would have been a great story for any of the other team cars to have won too... They all deserved it.

Audi put up a great fight and were gracious and respectful as always
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3550267)   #5942
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
If you replaced the coat of arms with the four rings, you would have convinced me that Audi had won today. In the #17 & #19 Porsche were trouble free, and with the #19 in particular they were faultless.

Also, what remarkable comebacks for Tandy and Bamber with their various tribulations in GTs. Porsche products rising through the ranks to take the greatest race of them all.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3550272)   #5943
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you replaced the coat of arms with the four rings, you would have convinced me that Audi had won today. In the #17 & #19 Porsche were trouble free, and with the #19 in particular they were faultless.

Also, what remarkable comebacks for Tandy and Bamber with their various tribulations in GTs. Porsche products rising through the ranks to take the greatest race of them all.
Will Tandy and Bamber be at Watkins Glen?
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3550278)   #5944
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Not sure, I don't think there's a clash though so I would expect both of them to be there.
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3550279)   #5945
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah baby, Porsche did it!
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:38 (Ref:3550281)   #5946
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Bamber making a good case for a full season seat next year?
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3550283)   #5947
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Bamber making a good case for a full season seat next year?
Yes, but at who's expense? I know everyone's going to point at Webber but he seems very happy and there have been no indications of a departure.

In related news, might Ford come knocking for Tandy if he isn't tied down quickly?
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:42 (Ref:3550286)   #5948
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
All is as it should be.

CONGRATULATIONS PORSCHE
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3550288)   #5949
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, but at who's expense? I know everyone's going to point at Webber but he seems very happy and there have been no indications of a departure.
Statistically slowest excluding Webber incase it would be him because PR?
Old 14 Jun 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3550292)   #5950
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Statistically slowest excluding Webber incase it would be him because PR?
Well Lieb is safe because of his development role, Jani and Bernhard are the quickest drivers in their cars, so if we discount Webber that leaves Hartley and Dumas. An Antipodean swap seems unlikely to me, but neither Hartley nor Dumas are slow to my eye. Maybe the data will reveal something different.

Porsche are running into Audi problem of retaining their drivers, time for a third car if the money is available...