Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 May 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3974476)   #5951
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Have a word with yourself. Not everyone reads this forum.
No but it was bloody funny for those who do - especially when the bait got taken....
Old 4 May 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3974481)   #5952
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have any teams spoke on the record about the new calendar, bedsides Shaun on here?
Old 4 May 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3974486)   #5953
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Have any teams spoke on the record about the new calendar, bedsides Shaun on here?
There was an article on autosport website last week with quotes from dick bennetts
Old 4 May 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3974488)   #5954
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Did he mention Fridays?
Old 4 May 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3974489)   #5955
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Did he mention Fridays?
Yes, then denied it!
Old 4 May 2020, 20:59 (Ref:3974499)   #5956
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTCC related, but can people remember Jonny Smith from 5th Gear? He has his own YouTube called CarPervert and has just done a video of a tour around Swindon Engines were you can see them and everythintg else they do, it a good watch:

https://youtu.be/ArVrokETJ2E
Old 4 May 2020, 20:59 (Ref:3974500)   #5957
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes, then denied it!
a career as the health minister beckons

look, in all seriousness, before other mods turn up and start reigning with an iron bat, could people please remember that whilst this is a time of high stress levels for everybody, there’s no excuse for throwing toys out of the pram or flouncing off in a tantrum or anything.

if you’re in a strop go and take it out on the tory facebook page or something like every other rational human being
Old 5 May 2020, 09:06 (Ref:3974576)   #5958
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On his breakfast show this morning, Chris Evans was talking to Hancock about the loosening of the lockdown and mass gatherings. His response was any internal events were unlikely for the remainder of the year, but external events were a strong possibility. However people shouldn't be moving from one county to another without good reason. So if you live in Kent, you would be allowed to go to Brands Hatch, Hampshire, you are ok for Thruxton, Norfolk, you are ok for Snetterton, etc. So if the county you live in does not have a race track holding a BTCC race meeting and you aren't working at that meeting, you won't be allowed to attend any meetings.
That should make social distancing very easy for spectators at each meeting. Rest of us will have to watch it all on TV.
Old 5 May 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3974585)   #5959
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Makes sense to me to do it that way. Of course they would probably have to check people’s postcode to make sure they are from that county. The only problem is Silverstone as that is in two counties, but then again they are using the one that is in Northants
Old 5 May 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3974618)   #5960
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live by Donington, if you need tickets PM me
Old 5 May 2020, 14:10 (Ref:3974619)   #5961
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I live by Donington, if you need tickets PM me
Tickets, pah!

I've disguised myself as a hedge and dug in at the Craners for the duration...
Old 5 May 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3974630)   #5962
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Makes sense to me to do it that way. Of course they would probably have to check people’s postcode to make sure they are from that county. The only problem is Silverstone as that is in two counties, but then again they are using the one that is in Northants
Might be a bit tricky at Donington, which being only a matter of a yards from the Leics/Derbys boundary, actually has a Derby postcode....
Old 5 May 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3974639)   #5963
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
On his breakfast show this morning, Chris Evans was talking to Hancock about the loosening of the lockdown and mass gatherings. His response was any internal events were unlikely for the remainder of the year, but external events were a strong possibility. However people shouldn't be moving from one county to another without good reason. So if you live in Kent, you would be allowed to go to Brands Hatch, Hampshire, you are ok for Thruxton, Norfolk, you are ok for Snetterton, etc. So if the county you live in does not have a race track holding a BTCC race meeting and you aren't working at that meeting, you won't be allowed to attend any meetings.
That should make social distancing very easy for spectators at each meeting. Rest of us will have to watch it all on TV.
Damn it, no tracks in my county! Time to get a job sweeping up the garages
Old 5 May 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3974642)   #5964
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Might be a bit tricky at Donington, which being only a matter of a yards from the Leics/Derbys boundary, actually has a Derby postcode....
One thought that springs to mind is that tickets could be sold in advance only to the occupiers of properties with a postcode within a pescribed distance of the circuit.
Old 5 May 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3974647)   #5965
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well my Aunt and Uncle live in Derby and they have been to Donington plenty of times
Old 5 May 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3974656)   #5966
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if it happens i will be at brands, but i am doubtful we will see any BTCC this year to be brutally honest.
Old 6 May 2020, 08:19 (Ref:3974726)   #5967
S griffin
Veteran

I am actually more optimistic it will happen. The way Gow and Palmer are trying to make it happen makes me think we will see racing this season.
Old 6 May 2020, 08:40 (Ref:3974734)   #5968
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I am actually more optimistic it will happen. The way Gow and Palmer are trying to make it happen makes me think we will see racing this season.
Listening to Gow talk, I sensed that he seems a bit more realistic rather than optimistic.

Planning is being done in the hope of racing, but I think his own views were tempered by the scale of the challenge and the external factors that he has little influence over.

Last edited by crmalcolm; 6 May 2020 at 09:04.
Old 6 May 2020, 08:49 (Ref:3974739)   #5969
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I hope you’re right, but I think crmalcolm has it spot on.

Yes they’d like to race (ie. generate revenue) but actually whether it’s permitted is nothing to do with them. It’s 100% a governmental decision.
Old 6 May 2020, 09:01 (Ref:3974741)   #5970
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Palmer's approach is more realistic. I understand him to be advocating the club racing angle as the first steps because you are more likely to be able to social distance at events where fewer people are present. That will bring a modicum of income to the circuits without having to splash out on the full medical and logistical support required by BTCC or GT etc.

If so, then don't expect anything from BTCC and the like until well into the autumn.
Old 6 May 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3974746)   #5971
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think Palmer's approach is more realistic. I understand him to be advocating the club racing angle as the first steps because you are more likely to be able to social distance at events where fewer people are present. That will bring a modicum of income to the circuits without having to splash out on the full medical and logistical support required by BTCC or GT etc.

If so, then don't expect anything from BTCC and the like until well into the autumn.
Yep - track days, testing (not free practice ) and club racing will be the easiest to get back up and running so I'd expect them to be first back. Bigger meetings will probably be behind closed doors I'd have thought - or very limited advance tickets only.
Old 6 May 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3974754)   #5972
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I had similar thoughts when they first started talking about rescheduled BTCC dates. Given the number of spectator tickets actually sold for most club meetings, you could run it behind closed doors and the revenue hit would be minimal. I seem to recall not that many years ago there was some serious discussion about running club meetings as closed events as a way to save on costs.
Old 6 May 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3974755)   #5973
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, since its the entrants/drivers who pay the fees the business model is the opposite of a major event. Also limited permits mean lesser logistics and insurances.
Old 6 May 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3974763)   #5974
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really can't see circuits being given the go ahead to reopen before July at the earliest, then it will take probably a couple of weeks to get everything ready for the first cars to go around the track.

I am not sure what day to day maintenance is being done behind the scenes to keep the circuits race ready.
Old 6 May 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3974765)   #5975
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, construction companies have, where possible, restarted so an open space should be a doddle.