Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1926168)   #576
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Hi guys - first time I've posted in here, I believe. I've been keeping my own entry list and I've got a couple of queries I'd be grateful if you could help me with:

1) Pierre Bruneau: I've seen 2 different line-ups around - Rostan/Bruneau/Pullan and Rostan/Pickering/McAllister. Any ideas which it might be?

2) the 006 (?) Larbre Aston: Same again - Fisken/Franchi/Zacchia and Fisken/Bornhauer/Berville. Any ideas?
Hi jab, and welcome to the Sportscar and GT section of Tenths!

Expect Rostan/Pickering/McAllister in the Pilbeam (this was confirmed by Pierre a couple of weeks ago), and Fisken/Bornhauer/Berville in the second Larbre car.

I also have a question; am I right in thinking that the other Larbre Aston (Bouchut/Gollin/Elgaard) has been given the full set of 2007 upgrades that the two AMR cars have had? I'm sure I read a Bouchut quote somewhere that the rebuilt/upgraded car was of the same spec as the factory cars, and noticably faster than the Le Mans Series car. Can anyone confirm?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:50 (Ref:1926170)   #577
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Hi jab, and welcome to the Sportscar and GT section of Tenths!

Expect Rostan/Pickering/McAllister in the Pilbeam (this was confirmed by Pierre a couple of weeks ago), and Fisken/Bornhauer/Berville in the second Larbre car.
Thanks
Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:55 (Ref:1926174)   #578
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read in a few places that one of the Larbre cars has just been rebuilt by Prodrive and was shaken down at Snetterton recently, so I guess it will be to the same spec as the AMR cars.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1926186)   #579
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
I've read in a few places that one of the Larbre cars has just been rebuilt by Prodrive and was shaken down at Snetterton recently, so I guess it will be to the same spec as the AMR cars.
Yes, I read that on DSC. The Bouchut quote, however, was not the one that's in that article. It referred to the 008 Larbre car as being the 'third factory car'.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1926199)   #580
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 006 and the BMS cars are factory as well though arn't they?

Prodrive built 12 works and 20 privateer cars as far as I'm aware.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 12:43 (Ref:1926209)   #581
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What !!!

So there's 32 DBR9's knocking about ?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 12:47 (Ref:1926211)   #582
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
And the article on E-I mentions David Smet on the PSI Corvette. For those of you that think "Who the ... is that", David Smet = David Halliday.
Sorry.......

I just have to ask......

Why?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 12:47 (Ref:1926213)   #583
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mariantic are reporting phillip peter is in the psi corvette and adam sharpe is out
Old 1 Jun 2007, 12:47 (Ref:1926214)   #584
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think this is fair to Robbie - Dyson who has far more endurance experience than Kerr had more 'incidents' than Robbie did in that race at Silverstone.

Certainly an opportunity for him to shine, he has raw pace ... just needs the patience as well. Perhaps he also needs to learn things like looking after fuel consumption.

I am looking forward to the practice times!

Quote:
Well, I suppose there was a small incident involving the 'Keen/Lister one car road block' which proved a little too difficult for him to negotiate safely.........

........but, joking apart, it was the first time he had driven an LMP. And before the 'incident', he had successfully qualified the car on pole ahead of the Veloqz Audi's (driven by Herbert and McNish respectively), and the Creation which was being peddled by Nic Minassian. He led the race for the first stint, recaptured the lead having lost it during the first pitstops, and was comfortably controlling the race from the front. It was (at the time) the most impressed I had been by a driver in an endurance event for a number of years.

Consider also the relative A1 pace/success Robbie has enjoyed in the meantime vs other A1 drivers who are, or have been, involved in endurance racing, and I think you'll agree the 'pure genius' tag is perhaps a little nearer the mark than it appeared at first.

Old 1 Jun 2007, 15:06 (Ref:1926315)   #585
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Some nice new pics on end-info .

Black and dayglo orange for the PSI C6R and a nice blue for the Lowe's Zytek ..... Not "powder blue" dj choc ice either !!!

Little Spyker looks beautiful too .
darn it, oh well we have atleast one lovely powder blue zytek and it will make a great sound
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:31 (Ref:1926362)   #586
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wednesday the 6th is the day when it will be decided if Tom Kristensen is fit for the 24 hours of LeMans! That is stated on his website today. I sure hope he will make it!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1926438)   #587
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sincerely hope he can make it!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1926449)   #588
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux
Mariantic are reporting phillip peter is in the psi corvette and adam sharpe is out
Well, Peter's name is on the car, along with Smet/Hallyday and Gosselin, so I guess that's confirmed

http://www.endurance-info.com/2007_L...neeTest/31.jpg
Old 1 Jun 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1926454)   #589
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Sorry.......

I just have to ask......

Why?

According Wikepedia:
Quote:
Johnny Hallyday was born Jean-Philippe Smet in Cité Malesherbes, Paris, France, to a French mother, Huguette, and a Belgian father, Leon Smet. His parents separated not long after his birth, and he was raised by his paternal aunt, Hélène Mar. (His pseudonym was borrowed from his cousin's friend, Lee Halliday.)

He was married on April 12, 1965 to Sylvie Vartan (French singer) in Loconville. They have a son, David Hallyday (who is also a singer), born David Michael Benjamin Smet on August 14, 1966. Johnny was seen as a less caring father as his career had taken control of his life, his focus was more on his career and his next song rather than that of his family. Johnny Hallyday and Sylvie Vartan were France's "Golden Couple" of their generation. They divorced on November 4, 1980.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Hallyday
Old 1 Jun 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1926502)   #590
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes, I read that on DSC. The Bouchut quote, however, was not the one that's in that article. It referred to the 008 Larbre car as being the 'third factory car'.
it is indeed
only difference from the 2 other : one MOTUL sticker; otherwise, same sponsors and (from what can be seen) same specs, not counting, of course, the blue color instead of red or yellow

http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php?opt...5&key=23&hit=1
Old 1 Jun 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1926566)   #591
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7
Wednesday the 6th is the day when it will be decided if Tom Kristensen is fit for the 24 hours of LeMans! That is stated on his website today. I sure hope he will make it!
We ALL hope that Tom Kristensen will participate.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1926569)   #592
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Sorry.......I just have to ask...... Why?
I prefer seeing David Smet as a driver than listening to David Hallyday as a singer.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1926589)   #593
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
it is indeed
only difference from the 2 other : one MOTUL sticker; otherwise, same sponsors and (from what can be seen) same specs, not counting, of course, the blue color instead of red or yellow

http://www.zoom-24.com/index.php?opt...5&key=23&hit=1
Thank you Bernard (and another great pic)!

This could be a bit of a dark horse and a genuine contender for the top step of the GT1 podium.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 05:53 (Ref:1926678)   #594
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thank you Bernard ....
my pleasure

I've uploaded a few more this morning
I'm now going back to the circuit. I'll try to post some more tonight.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 06:25 (Ref:1926686)   #595
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
my pleasure

I've uploaded a few more this morning
I'm now going back to the circuit. I'll try to post some more tonight.
Fantastic pics, Bernard!
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1927639)   #596
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According Planet Le Mans Terada is in the T2M Dome.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1927725)   #597
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
lol, briefly before he binned it at the chicane, anyway

lemans.org live timing has an "A. Yogo" being the last driver in the JLOC Lambo. Any ideas who this is?

Also, any more news on the 3rd driver of the 13 Courage?

EDIT: According to the test day entry list there is a "Y. Atsushi" listed for JLOC, so I guess it's Yogo Atsushi, or Atsushi Yogo...

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ngages_gb.html

Last edited by jab; 3 Jun 2007 at 17:17.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1927734)   #598
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did a little counting and arranging on the Entry. How many countries drivers represent (25), where chassis and engines are built, how many 3.6 liter V8 turbos (4) versus 3.8 liter V8 NA (2) entries? stuff like that. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting, perhaps some of you will, also.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1927745)   #599
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
I did a little counting and arranging on the Entry. How many countries drivers represent (25), where chassis and engines are built, how many 3.6 liter V8 turbos (4) versus 3.8 liter V8 NA (2) entries? stuff like that. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting, perhaps some of you will, also.
Thanks for that, Tom. It is (as you said) very interesting reading.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1927776)   #600
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to DSC (I believe Mark Coles writing), Zytek haven't recieved dispensation for Tom Chilton to race.