Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2895500)   #576
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
live timing with sector times here
http://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/lms/
working for warm up
That is by far the best live timing I´ve seen...I hope it works during the race as well!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 08:03 (Ref:2895501)   #577
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
That is by far the best live timing I´ve seen...I hope it works during the race as well!
its now folowing le mans legends
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2895517)   #578
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
warm-up results
Old 11 Jun 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2895520)   #579
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Also they totaly missed the 0.5% for the GTE class. difference between the fastest porsche and BMW is 0.8% and if last years le mans is anything to go by that difference will get biger during the race.
In http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92167 Marc Lieb also suggest that the balance of performance is wrong.
Quote:
He was quickest Porsche driver in qualifying this year, in seventh, but was more than two seconds behind the polesitting BMW M3 of Augusto Farfus.

"They have more horsepower and more downforce," he said. "I think the organisers are a little bit off with the balance of performance."
Old 11 Jun 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2895523)   #580
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
I remember renting 30 days of DISH satellite for the 2007 and 2008 races. Setting up a satellite I bought off of ebay on the roof, trying to find the signal in the south sky. Using an old SD satellite box from ebay. Watching both races at 100" on a projector. Fun memories

You have to get SPEED in HD, LeMans looks amazing in HD! And an HD DVR
Mate, that is EFFORT! All credit to you!

You should travel to La Sarthe itself, it would probably be less hassle
Old 11 Jun 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2895562)   #581
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got "command central", as the wife calls it almost set up, RLM on, the one year old boy scooting around trying to tear it all down, coffee on, no satellite (I get my internet and tv through cable), which crashed several times during q'ing so that is my concern at this time and not enough beer in the fridge...should have taken care of that last night. Oh well.

Warmup times looked typical.

Holt, those stats on winners starting spots are intriguing. I personally hope for a change in that stat today.

The week coverage thus far has been heavily LMP1 sided, but the GTPro battle will be epic as well. Really looking forward to it chaps!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 11:30 (Ref:2895563)   #582
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've got "command central", as the wife calls it almost set up, RLM on, the one year old boy scooting around trying to tear it all down, coffee on, no satellite (I get my internet and tv through cable), which crashed several times during q'ing so that is my concern at this time and not enough beer in the fridge...should have taken care of that last night. Oh well.

Warmup times looked typical.

Holt, those stats on winners starting spots are intriguing. I personally hope for a change in that stat today.

The week coverage thus far has been heavily LMP1 sided, but the GTPro battle will be epic as well. Really looking forward to it chaps!
Good to see Im not the only one stuck with SPEED coverage turning on Radio Le Mans. Cant wait to play the Grand Sham drinking game today though when I unmute it.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2895572)   #583
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I hope you Speed heads have it up now, great presentation on Shelby, which I had not seen before.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2895577)   #584
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good morning everyone I also have "command central" set up and ready to go and the coffee just finished brewing - im ready for a long fun day
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2895579)   #585
AUTOLEGEND
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
AUTOLEGEND should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone the eurosport stream?

please pm me if you want.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2895580)   #586
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
In http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92167 Marc Lieb also suggest that the balance of performance is wrong.
Says the guy in the million year old Porsche 911. Porsche need to bang something New out(theyve already lost most of their customers to Ferrari). The only loyals being Imsa Matmut, Felbermayr, and flying Lizard(for lemans) two or three others.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2895581)   #587
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Porsche need to bang something New out(theyve already lost most of their customers to Ferrari). The only loyals being Imsa Matmut, Felbermayr, and flying Lizard(for lemans) two or three others.
And Prospeed.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2895585)   #588
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Says the guy in the million year old Porsche 911. Porsche need to bang something New out(theyve already lost most of their customers to Ferrari). The only loyals being Imsa Matmut, Felbermayr, and flying Lizard(for lemans) two or three others.
not one of the ferrari teams on the grid ever raced porsches.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2895586)   #589
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
any reason the cars aren't lined up in traditional formation this year? I'm not liking that......
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2895587)   #590
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
any reason the cars aren't lined up in traditional formation this year? I'm not liking that......
They were, they have since done a lap and lined up on the grid.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2895588)   #591
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
not one of the ferrari teams on the grid ever raced porsches.
think Farnbacher had some at some point didn't they? Still, plenty more Porsche loyalists thoughout the ranks outside LM too, the Autolandos, Trackspeeds, Mantheys etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
They were, they have since done a lap and lined up on the grid.
ah, cheers, I missed that then, just tuned in.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2895590)   #592
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh I can't wait for the start, I hope none of the frontrunners has early trouble, because I want to see them battle it out on the track.

Does somebody know of an unofficial stream of the Speed broadcast of the race? I'll get my pictures from Eurosport Germany, but I do not like the commentators and like to switch between RLM-, British Eurosport- and Speed commentary.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2895591)   #593
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woho!, The race is here!
Remember to join the Live Chat!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2895593)   #594
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
think Farnbacher had some at some point didn't they? Still, plenty more Porsche loyalists thoughout the ranks outside LM too, the Autolandos, Trackspeeds, Mantheys etc.
I stand corected, but i dont thing they ever ran Hancook porsches
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2895594)   #595
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hybrid is stuck on the grid.

Tom.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2895595)   #596
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Signing in!
wow Michael Waltrip- as annoying as he can be, he is absolutely glowing and really is proof of the magic LeMans has over everyone.
I wish him luck.
Absolutely thrilling this year the Audi-Pug battle divided by tenths of seconds rather than seconds- this is going to be crazy.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2895596)   #597
haribo
Racer

haribo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport HD - check
Pizza menu - check
Beer - check

It's on!!!!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2895598)   #598
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go Go Go!!!

Tom.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2895600)   #599
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We're on! Live timing & scoring, Eurosport on TV and RLM to listen to. Perfect!
Old 11 Jun 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2895601)   #600
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any justin tv link please?