Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 May 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1617020)   #576
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A Japanese manufacturer will take part as a works entrant in the World Touring Car Championship next season, according to the series boss Marcello Lotti.
Source: www.autosport.com

I hope this is true!
Lexus, Mazda or Nissan? (I think Lexus)
Old 23 May 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1617032)   #577
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It will be Mazda
Old 23 May 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1617035)   #578
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why are you so sure?

[negative mode]
Maybe it's only JAS with official factory support?
[/negative mode]

Last edited by FIRE; 23 May 2006 at 11:28.
Old 23 May 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1617082)   #579
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mazda have looked at the BTCC before, so I assume the could well be interested in the WTCC.
Old 23 May 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1617092)   #580
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'd say i preffer Lexus or Nissan . as Mazda is just Ford .. and we all know what Ford did with the Focus

Ciao Marco
Old 23 May 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1617277)   #581
TCD
Racer

TCD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lexus I hope!
Old 23 May 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1617302)   #582
zork
Rookie

England
lincoln uk
zork should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the lada wttc car?
Wasnt it suppose to bereal wheel drive too?
Old 23 May 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1617333)   #583
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by zork
The front wheel drive Lada will probably make it's debut at the end of the season.

I don't have an Autosport subscription so I could not read the article about the Japanese manufacturer but from another forum I understand it's about.......Honda. The Honda Racing Development president Yasuhiro Wada has visited Brands Hatch in the presence of JAS Motorsport. So probably no new (Japanese) manufacturer only full works support for JAS (who deserve it).
Old 23 May 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1617393)   #584
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zork
This was suggested two months ago: http://www.touringcarnews.net/news.php?id=367 Obviously it seems now very difficult.
Old 23 May 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1617423)   #585
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's too quiet about Lada. I would have thought that they would have made at least some noise if they were about to make their debute at Oschersleben.

But nothing.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1632635)   #586
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Dutch website www.autosport.nl is speculating Duncan Huisman will join the WTCC. At the German Porsche Carrera Cup team MRS he's replaced by Ralf Kalaschek. Huisman said to autosport.nl that he's busy with something else. Together with a manager from BMW Holland he has visited the WTCC at Oschersleben. There are rumours he will drive a 2nd car of RBM for the rest of the season.

Link to article (in Dutch)

As a Dutchman I like it if he joins the WTCC. I think it would be also good for RBM/Priaulx because of more data and in qualifying.

BTW new sponsor for SEAT
Red Camel...

Last edited by FIRE; 12 Jun 2006 at 16:33.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1632673)   #587
TCD
Racer

TCD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good driver lots of experience in the BMW, to bad he didnt join from the beginning.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1632957)   #588
E46
Veteran

Spain
Interesting effort from RBM. Can Mampaey think this year the title is more difficult to win?
Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1633026)   #589
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's got about 4 more cars to worry about, who don't care so much if Priaulx's BMW is battered along the way.

RBM ran a second car for Molleken's in '04 - didn't really interfere too much with the front though. I'd expect differently from Huisman.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1633266)   #590
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A large Dutch newspaper confirms the story, but not for RBM: From Curitiba on Huisman will replace Costa as teammate of Zanardi at the BMW Team Italy-Spain.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1633334)   #591
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
It's also confirmed on autosport.nl

They didn't give Costa much time to get used on touring car racing (I admit he had 4 DNFs in 8 races, so it was not a good performance). I think the main reason for the switch is that BMW wants experienced driver who scores points for the manufacturers championship. Last year Huisman has tested an early version of the BMW WTCC car.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1634237)   #592
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder how Huisman will do on July the 30:th when STCC runs at Våler in Norway and WTCC runs in Mexico.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1634261)   #593
E46
Veteran

Spain
Will BMW Spain continue paying with Huisman driving?
Old 14 Jun 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1634297)   #594
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
I wonder how Huisman will do on July the 30:th when STCC runs at Våler in Norway and WTCC runs in Mexico.
Is this the only race on the same weekend?
Old 14 Jun 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1634318)   #595
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Will BMW Spain continue paying with Huisman driving?
From the story in the Dutch newspaper I get the impression BMW Holland is not bringing money (or at least not the full budget) to ROAL Motorsport. The car of Huisman is entered by BMW Italy-Spain, so BMW Spain is still involved.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1634891)   #596
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Is this the only race on the same weekend?
Yes.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1635392)   #597
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
From the story in the Dutch newspaper I get the impression BMW Holland is not bringing money (or at least not the full budget) to ROAL Motorsport. The car of Huisman is entered by BMW Italy-Spain, so BMW Spain is still involved.
I hope that Huisman means good results for BMW Spain, in spite he isn´t Spaniard.

About Costa I never saw him like a good choice for an official team in WTCC. Anyway he hasn´t had good luck during the races.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1635401)   #598
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Are there other drivers who are able to perform on this high international level?

Besides A. Garcia, B. Garcia, De La Rosa, Alonso and the Gene brothers I don't know much Spanish drivers. Isn't Borja Garcia a good option?
Old 15 Jun 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1635441)   #599
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Are there other drivers who are able to perform on this high international level?

Besides A. Garcia, B. Garcia, De La Rosa, Alonso and the Gene brothers I don't know much Spanish drivers. Isn't Borja Garcia a good option?
Borja Garcia said he would like to drive in WTCC or DTM if he didn´t get a seat in F1, but perhaps it´s soon for him.

Others names:
Ander Vilariño, he tested for Ravaglia during the winter but had a big accident in a hillclimb race two months ago and was badly injured.
Marc Carol, drove an official SEAT Sport Toledo at Valencia in 2005.
Ángel Burgueño, fast singleseater and GT driver. Lately famous crashing a Lola at Le Mans.
Santi Porteiro, singleseater driver and raced in Megane Trophy the last year.
Antonio Chacón, he is currently driving in Italian Alfa 147 Cup, and will likely run an Antonelli Alfa Romeo 156 at Valencia.
Joan Vinyes, a former Audi Spain touring car driver, currently racing GTs and rally.
If BMW pays well, it could sign Fernando Alonso.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1635461)   #600
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Alonso is not very likely, but De La Rosa would be great.

Tags
wtcc