Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3438141)   #576
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I suppose...
Maybe if Azerbaijan is this good at getting sporting events, then they may have their own participants soon
Old 26 Jul 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3438204)   #577
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't there rumors flying that Monza will be dropped? Also I thought the Sochi GP would be an one year business
Old 26 Jul 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3438222)   #578
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Aren't there rumors flying that Monza will be dropped? Also I thought the Sochi GP would be an one year business
To the best of my memory the GP at Monza's contract is up in 2016, its just Bernie making noise to get more money out of the organisers as per usual.

Sochi I don't know but Bernie usually does more than one year contracts so that in theory CVC have something to sell.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3438226)   #579
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Maybe if Azerbaijan is this good at getting sporting events, then they may have their own participants soon
I won't be holding my breath.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3438317)   #580
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Bernie has been quoted somewhere as saying that India won't be back until 2016. So we're up to 20 next year with Mexico, the maximum number, so what's happening for 2016 that could allow Baku, India and New Jersey spots on the calendar? He's said 2016 is the earliest for all three.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3438368)   #581
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I think Bernie has been quoted somewhere as saying that India won't be back until 2016. So we're up to 20 next year with Mexico, the maximum number, so what's happening for 2016 that could allow Baku, India and New Jersey spots on the calendar? He's said 2016 is the earliest for all three.
I won't be sorry if the Indian GP never returns.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3438685)   #582
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I'll be glad if it happens.
Old 4 Aug 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3441356)   #583
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
At least Melbourne's future is safe until 2020.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115263
Old 4 Aug 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3441357)   #584
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
At least Melbourne's future is safe until 2020, so that's good . Apparently it took a year to negotiate, .

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115263
Old 4 Aug 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3441375)   #585
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Further to Biscuit in a Red Bull's list above, a bit of googling has come up with some contract dates. They come from a variety of sources, I've tried to use new reports from established and accepted sources.

The length of contract and start dates are sometimes difficult to work out as they are extensions signed on top of extensions etc. The end dates are accurate except where commented on below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	43106

2015 sees the start of new or contract extensions for Mexico, Canada and Brazil - there are two different end dates reported for Brazil 2020 and 2022

2015 sees both Belgium and Malaysia complete their current contracts expire after their races. If there is to be big changes with Azerbaijan starting and India making a comeback, these are at this stage anyway, the 2 open slots to keep it at 20 races.

2016 however sees the final years of the current contracts for 4 countries: Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Italy and Spain. New Contracts or New venues, but that's for next season to discuss.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3442182)   #586
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Probably not the correct thread but...

They've done it again! One of the most iconic corners in motorsport, Monza's Parabolica, is being made "Kimi friendly".

Before:

Now:
Old 7 Aug 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3442186)   #587
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
grim
Old 7 Aug 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3442224)   #588
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least the corner hasn't changed, so we can always change the run off back again.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3442231)   #589
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
idiots.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3442290)   #590
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
By demand (request?) of the MotoGP folks, with whom the FIA agreed.

Be careful who you vilify. It's supposed to help prevent serious injuries to bike racers.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3442294)   #591
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nitpicking, but i thought motogp said it was too fast for them, and it was wsb who still went there?

it's still idiotic. i'm sorry, but it is.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3442306)   #592
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe. I get confused about those buzzy two wheeled things all the time.
Old 9 Aug 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3442768)   #593
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The thing is they have left a small strip of gravel, I would think that if a bike gets caught in that it could flip on to the tarmac ?
Old 9 Aug 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3442786)   #594
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brake failure/throttle stick/steering failure/Maldonado could result in a horrible accident there due to the run-off preventing anything from slowing down. Imo gravel is far safer for cars.

Maybe this isn't bikes at all, but part of Bernie's plans to ruin, I mean, modernise Monza so he signs a new contract.
Old 9 Aug 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3442819)   #595
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I would tend to agree, I am not sure how a driver is meant to scrub off the speed on tarmac...
Old 10 Aug 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3442963)   #596
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Brakes work on tarmac. They have a nasty tendency to not work as designed on gravel.

That said, if a car has brake failure then almost nothing will stop it.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3443035)   #597
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least the strip of gravel will stop drivers from going outside track limits at the exit. I'd much rather they leave a strip of gravel than just tarmac everything.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3443050)   #598
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'd rather they retain the gravel trap. It solves the issue of a brake failure and track limits AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!
Old 10 Aug 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3443061)   #599
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I'd rather they retain the gravel trap. It solves the issue of a brake failure and track limits AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!
Got to agree with that. If you go off, you go off, you don't get the chance to come back on the track and if you have brake failure, there's nothing to stop you careering into the armco at speed.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3443065)   #600
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Got to agree with that. If you go off, you go off, you don't get the chance to come back on the track and if you have brake failure, there's nothing to stop you careering into the armco at speed.
I know. It's a brilliant plan isn't it? All we need now is for more circuits to adopt them