Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3649584)   #601
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any suggestions on which country I should buy my eurosport player subscription from? Last year I bought a month worth of British Eurosport through a vpn, but there were alot of ads. Does the english stream come through other countries as well?
Old 14 Jun 2016, 08:37 (Ref:3649587)   #602
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what it is worth I spent the last two years streaming through the WEC app and have no complaints. Last year I watched 17 hours of the race without any issues at all.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3649625)   #603
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR186S View Post
Any suggestions on which country I should buy my eurosport player subscription from? Last year I bought a month worth of British Eurosport through a vpn, but there were alot of ads. Does the english stream come through other countries as well?
I think it doesn't matter "in which country you are" while buying (other than currency and price), because the account can be then used from any available country.

There is a separate stream for the sessions that has no ads or commentary (good for syncing with RLM). The streams of the tv channels have ads.

Consider also the official WEC stream. I have made a comparison here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comment...eam_eurosport/
Old 14 Jun 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3649718)   #604
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For the US fans who don't get FS2 or like me have no cable, Sling TV has added both FS1 & FS2 to their beta line up. They offer a free 30 day trial so you could in theory use it and cancel to get the FS2 feed, and their app runs fairly well to watch it mobile as well. It is only on the beta package, the main package has ESPN instead.

Sling.com, it's from Dish network. Streams in HD fine for me but I'm fairly consistently 3-4 mb/s at the house.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 00:57 (Ref:3649730)   #605
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
For the US fans who don't get FS2 or like me have no cable, Sling TV has added both FS1 & FS2 to their beta line up. They offer a free 30 day trial so you could in theory use it and cancel to get the FS2 feed, and their app runs fairly well to watch it mobile as well. It is only on the beta package, the main package has ESPN instead.

Sling.com, it's from Dish network. Streams in HD fine for me but I'm fairly consistently 3-4 mb/s at the house.
Welcome back? I have FS2 until I cut zee cahble.

I've found our friendly friends in the 10 / 10ths chat room are the best source for streams in a pinch. I generally watch anything not FOX, if I can help it.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 08:46 (Ref:3649822)   #606
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The WEC app still shows as if the next streamed session would be first quali, instead of the free practice...

Eurosport Player has it already listed though (the separate no-ads no-comms stream).

Watching the infamous 24 Minutes show on Eurosport because it happened to be on. Adding Kristensen brings some credibility for sure.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3649831)   #607
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They already confirmed on Twitter that they are starting their live stream with the first qualifying session tonight. Really weird. Always thought they are going to show every session including free practice.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 09:55 (Ref:3649838)   #608
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
They already confirmed on Twitter that they are starting their live stream with the first qualifying session tonight. Really weird. Always thought they are going to show every session including free practice.
And this was apparently the case last year.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 10:02 (Ref:3649839)   #609
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Audi's stream (pretty sure just onboards and for race only):

http://www.audi-motorsport.com/de/en...s_preview.html
Old 15 Jun 2016, 10:44 (Ref:3649849)   #610
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
Eurosport2 (uk) are showing live practice at 3pm
Old 15 Jun 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3649876)   #611
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eurosport have removed the ability for the Xbox One to stream using the Eurosport Player app, but have left the app up on the store. So you buy it, sign in, then get an error. Checking the FAQs, it seems they took away the ability but left the app up taking in the money anyway.

Also, the web browser player is so bad, combined with Edge being so bad, that you can't watch it on the Xbox One Browser. Loaded it on the laptop (joy) and found the image quality to be around the same as dodgy second hand streams. Wtf Eurosport?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3649878)   #612
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ES English comms (no surprises):

Martin Haven
Jeremy Shaw
Marc Cole
Kryptonite
Liz Halliday
Damien Faulkner
Sam Hancock
Chris Parsons
Neville Hay
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3649880)   #613
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Also, the web browser player is so bad, combined with Edge being so bad, that you can't watch it on the Xbox One Browser. Loaded it on the laptop (joy) and found the image quality to be around the same as dodgy second hand streams. Wtf Eurosport?
I don't know anything about Xbox but on desktop browser it should use HTML5 (if it doesn't, disable or uninstall Silverlight, incase they didn't get rid of it yet) and max quality is 720p with ok bitrate. Has worked well for me. Did you let it auto-adjust the quality or select it yourself from the settings?

ps. If anyone happens to be familiar Kodi (media player software, previously known as XBMC), there's a plugin for Eurosport Player which works nicely. This isn't a hack so you still need an account.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3649882)   #614
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I don't know anything about Xbox but on desktop browser it should use HTML5 (if it doesn't, disable or uninstall Silverlight, incase they didn't get rid of it yet) and max quality is 720p with ok bitrate. Has worked well for me. Did you let it auto-adjust the quality or select it yourself from the settings?

ps. If anyone happens to be familiar Kodi (media player software, previously known as XBMC), there's a plugin for Eurosport Player which works nicely. This isn't a hack so you still need an account.
Eurosport Player just says Install Flash for it to work, which you can't do. Silverlight isn't an option on the X1, so it's HTML5 only and it doesn't give the option on the X1.

To add insult to injury, Eurosport have taken money from my bank account, not given me a subscription, and are now denying it on the Online Chat, saying the payment was cancelled, when it's already taken out. Useless *******s.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3649884)   #615
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All I'm seeing on Eurosport 2 is some random tennis event.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3649892)   #616
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
All I'm seeing on Eurosport 2 is some random tennis event.
Practice starts in 11 minutes. Hopefully by then you'll be seeing fast cars on track.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3649894)   #617
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Natural-sounds stream is live on the Player. Looks like it will have team radio and Race Director radio too.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:57 (Ref:3649897)   #618
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Yup, so no FP1 on official stream: https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/742978233071767552
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:58 (Ref:3649898)   #619
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
So is the ad free ES coverage with no commentators?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3649899)   #620
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
So is the ad free ES coverage with no commentators?
yes.

Here's RLM studio feed: https://www.youtube.com/user/exint2/...iew=502&view=2
Old 15 Jun 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3649919)   #621
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/SPG5XyXq3pc/pop-out
Old 15 Jun 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3649931)   #622
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks!
Old 15 Jun 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3649967)   #623
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks very much and pleased don't share this too much on more public places because I don't want it to go offline
Old 15 Jun 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3650098)   #624
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Deggis, thanks for all the info and streams. Some of us haven't had time to keep up with how complex and messy the streams for this race are.

For anyone else trying to use Eurosport and the X1, it is now loading without a flash error in Edge. Officially WEC Stream is saying no race at the moment however.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3650103)   #625
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've still got the link from deggis in my tablet; worked great for practice but was a little behind the RLM stream, but it's all free and work background.

Thanks to all whom have kept up with this!