Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jun 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3981577)   #6276
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i can only assume you know more information than is written in the msv guidelines then, or know exactly how many entries they paid for on the day.

this is why it’s awkward and it’s probably not too good an idea to be posting on social media when a lot of the government regulations is down to interpretation. i’m not torch and pitchforking or whatever, but just pointing out the grey areas.

it doesn’t help that mercedes tested at silverstone with full ppe as advised by government and their h&s department, to be honest. that makes it tricky for all of us.
They are only guidelines or recommendations at the end of the day, even the 2m rule is only a recommendation and that is twice the WHO recommendation.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3981600)   #6277
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
What do you think how will Hyundai and Ford perform?
Best guess on hyundai is they will get quicker as the season progresses. As for Ford one at the front one in the middle and one at the back
Old 12 Jun 2020, 19:04 (Ref:3981601)   #6278
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hyundai do have the advantage of an experienced lineup with two race winners, so they have a chance to go forward. As for the Fords, can see Butcher challenging for wins and possibly the title and can see OJ getting plenty of top tens
Old 12 Jun 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3981609)   #6279
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
New livery for Boardley - the BMW's gone gold! Not sure about it quite yet, but definitely adds some much needed colour to the grid,
Have you seen the closeups of the wrap? Oh my word! Creases and bubbles everywhere.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3981614)   #6280
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Have you seen the closeups of the wrap? Oh my word! Creases and bubbles everywhere.
Oh dear. What annoys me is that the red stripes just suddenly stop at the bonnet and doesn't carry on to the bumper.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3981619)   #6281
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The MINIs aren't doing all of the BTCC rounds (reduced calendar to 5 meetings) - they're being replaced on the support bill by the Mini Miglias and sevens at Donington and Brands GP.
Andrew Jordan was testing a Miglia at Donington today i understand.
A BTCC meeting is too busy to race both though, sadly.!
Old 12 Jun 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3981622)   #6282
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Could always persuade Gow to run the Mini in a BTCC. After all I’m sure BMW won’t mind seen as they own that particular brand
Old 12 Jun 2020, 22:13 (Ref:3981629)   #6283
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen that dynamics are building up a brand new civic

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBWa5nih...=1kl4s6lgj2oh2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jun 2020, 22:40 (Ref:3981632)   #6284
S griffin
Veteran

Shedden says bagsy it. Is that a hint?
Old 12 Jun 2020, 22:42 (Ref:3981634)   #6285
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shedden says bagsy it. Is that a hint?
I suspect not.
Accepting that the turn around time between events is tight, having a spare car ready to run might be that marginal gain that tips the balance.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 23:03 (Ref:3981637)   #6286
S griffin
Veteran

I know, it was a joke
Old 13 Jun 2020, 06:42 (Ref:3981662)   #6287
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Andrew Jordan was testing a Miglia at Donington today i understand.
And published pictures taken by an independent, professional photographer. If that doesn't confuse the situation on what is permitted?

Should Jordan face the same criticism for posting shots from a photographer that Motorbase have?

I'm not saying it's wrong or right. But if one part of the grid should demonstrate they are acting in the spirit of Gov't guidelines, shouldn't they all be held to the same standard?
Old 13 Jun 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3981666)   #6288
RS67
Veteran

It was mentioned that Dynamics were building up a spare shell weeks ago, just incase one of the cars should sustain heavy damage and there isn't enough time between meetings to repair the car. I would imagine Motorbase would be able to use one of the RS's if they suffer a similar fate.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3981840)   #6289
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not saying it's wrong or right. But if one part of the grid should demonstrate they are acting in the spirit of Gov't guidelines, shouldn't they all be held to the same standard?
no, i wasn’t either. but if we’re all going to turn up and do different things it doesn’t do anything for the corporate responsibility message motorsport uk are keen to promote.

everyone should be working to the same standards. you can’t have one professional team turn up and treat it like a proper workplace, and another professional team treating it like a household exercise day out from a regulation point of view. which is where we’ve fallen down significantly in the uk and why we’re a long way behind france in recovering some sense of normality.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3981841)   #6290
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
which is where we’ve fallen down significantly in the uk and why we’re a long way behind france in recovering some sense of normality.
Vote for clowns, get a circus.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3981849)   #6291
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
no, i wasn’t either. but if we’re all going to turn up and do different things it doesn’t do anything for the corporate responsibility message motorsport uk are keen to promote.

everyone should be working to the same standards.
Totally agree. At the moment, it's hard to see how having someone at circuits for the sole purpose of taking photos can be justified.

If that's acceptable, then where's the line?
Journalists, bloggers, coaches, commentators. All of them have a profession to maintain too.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3981854)   #6292
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Totally agree. At the moment, it's hard to see how having someone at circuits for the sole purpose of taking photos can be justified.

Journalists, bloggers, coaches, commentators. All of them have a profession to maintain too.
I don't believe there will be media allowed, only championship photographers making images available online to media.

There won't be a need for circuit commentators if there are no spectators to talk to, same goes for Alan Hyde.

TV commentators don't need to be at the circuit to do their job and with social distancing no chance of Louise Goodman getting pre race driver interviews.

It will be an odd first few rounds, whenever that is.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 16:52 (Ref:3981855)   #6293
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I don't believe there will be media allowed, only championship photographers making images available online to media.
That's the thing. To play devil's advocate - why is that necessary to achieve racing?
Old 13 Jun 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3981868)   #6294
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's the thing. To play devil's advocate - why is that necessary to achieve racing?
Sponsors/Teams want images and media outlets need images but not everyone can send their own photographers and still maintain social distancing at the circuit media centres, so the guys from JEP will be the only ones I think will be allowed till circuits can open up to spectators.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 18:46 (Ref:3981893)   #6295
RS67
Veteran

Quote:

Photographer(s) are allowed on track days, so why not test days. It's not like they have to get near anyone anyway.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 19:12 (Ref:3981899)   #6296
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Photographer(s) are allowed on track days, so why not test days. It's not like they have to get near anyone anyway.
Trackday photographers are paid employees of the trackday operator so allowed under the rules. Very different to racing championships.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3981906)   #6297
RS67
Veteran

MSV's testing and track day social distancing regulations don't say anything about photographers anyway.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 20:04 (Ref:3981914)   #6298
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post

There won't be a need for circuit commentators if there are no spectators to talk to, same goes for Alan Hyde.
Circuit commentators are an MSA requirement, regardless of there being spectators.

Quote:
with social distancing no chance of Louise Goodman getting pre race driver interviews.
Plenty of scope for interviews to happen at a 2 metre distance - look at the other sport on ITV this month: They've had interviews on both the snooker and the horse racing.

Quote:
It will be an odd first few rounds, whenever that is.
We know when it will be. A revised calendar has been published and the championship regulations have been updated with those new dates by way of a championship bulletin.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3981922)   #6299
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
We know when it will be. A revised calendar has been published and the championship regulations have been updated with those new dates by way of a championship bulletin.
There's no way anyone can guarantee that the currently scheduled rounds will proceed. It's entirely possible everything could be put on hold again if government guidance changes.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 21:11 (Ref:3981928)   #6300
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
There's no way anyone can guarantee that the currently scheduled rounds will proceed. It's entirely possible everything could be put on hold again if government guidance changes.
It also depends on when/if the F1 takes place on the same weekend, back to the old issue of a lack of marshals/officials/rescue crews/recovery etc