Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Apr 2007, 06:08 (Ref:1882443)   #626
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Great News For Halliday.

Just saw a story on his signing on New Zealand news and it was Friday when a company (sorry I cant remember who they are) signed over on the deal.

It was purely a money thing , but at least Halliday is a very competent driver.

I have watched him for about 10 years now and think he is pretty good , from Formula Holden , to Indy Lights to V8 Spercars and A1 GP he has performed fairly well in all of them.

This will be his biggest task however and hopefully he can go really well , given a bit of time he well pull some surprises and race for podiums regulary.

well done Matt

The car will also be ALL BLACK like the A1 GP car as well and from what I saw it looks pretty good
Old 3 Apr 2007, 16:08 (Ref:1882781)   #627
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/36433/
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTV
Halliday brings sponsorship from 42 Below, a Bacardi-owned vodka brand in New Zealand.
Halliday's current deal ensures him of the seat for the first three races only.
From what you guys have said he sounds well qualified and a decent addition. I have to wonder as to the business case behind promoting some NZ only brand? Conquest couldn't have stayed open for that. Perhaps KK is caughing up most of the required funds, but Conquest needs just a little more? If Halliday runs well maybe he can extend his role for the season, much like Ranger did last year with his strong early position in the championship. ...Althought I'm not sure if that was Lanigan's money rather than Bachelart?
Old 4 Apr 2007, 01:01 (Ref:1883012)   #628
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/36433/

From what you guys have said he sounds well qualified and a decent addition. I have to wonder as to the business case behind promoting some NZ only brand? Conquest couldn't have stayed open for that. Perhaps KK is caughing up most of the required funds, but Conquest needs just a little more? If Halliday runs well maybe he can extend his role for the season, much like Ranger did last year with his strong early position in the championship. ...Althought I'm not sure if that was Lanigan's money rather than Bachelart?
It's not a sold in NZ only brand, it's sold all over the world including the USA(just like NZ wine, as an example). Also Halliday is backed by colin giltrap one of new zealands wealthy who has a long history of backing talented drivers. Everyone in NZ says this is a year long deal.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 01:06 (Ref:1883014)   #629
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read a post elsewhere in which Bachelart said it was a three-race deal.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 01:52 (Ref:1883026)   #630
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Read a post elsewhere in which Bachelart said it was a three-race deal.
Yeah two posts above ^^
Old 4 Apr 2007, 02:25 (Ref:1883036)   #631
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops! Yep!
Old 5 Apr 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1884508)   #632
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, did AP writer Mike Harris get a scoop, or is he just assuming, same as we all are?

http://www.newsvantage.com/perl/p/we...y&g=sports.top

Quote:
Three-time series runner-up Bruno Junqueira of Brazil, Bourdais' former teammate, moves to Dale Coyne Racing with Katherine Legge of England, the series' only woman.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1884509)   #633
indycool
Veteran

It just showed up without being announced on the entry list on the CC website in the last day or so.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1884512)   #634
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
the champcar website has been overhauled , anyone know where the old Spotters guide is located now or if they have one at all ?

Last edited by marcus; 6 Apr 2007 at 01:35.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1884518)   #635
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from champcar.nl:

"... Although nothing has been officially announced, their names are being displayed on his cars today in Las Vegas. According to ChampCarWorld.net's Patrick Straver, Legge's name is displayed on Coyne's black and yellow car, while Junqueira's name is displayed on a red and white car..."

and Robert Doornbos with backing from Ozjet, Jumbo and Muermans...

Old 6 Apr 2007, 04:21 (Ref:1884626)   #636
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OzJet is Stoddarts company, Jumbo is some Dutch company (no idea what they do though) and Harry Muermans.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 05:49 (Ref:1884646)   #637
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jumbo is a supermarket
Old 6 Apr 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1884807)   #638
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it's safe to say this is the line-up for Vegas...what more is this thread for now?

Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing
#1 Sebastien Bourdais
#2 Graham Rahal

Forsythe Championship Racing
#3 Paul Tracy
#7 Mario Dominguez

RSPORTS - Rocketsports and RuSport merged
#8 Alex Tagliani
#9 Justin Wilson

Team Australia
#5 Will Power
#15 Simon Pagenaud

Minardi Team USA - formerly CTE Racing with HVM
#4 Dan Clarke
#14 Robert Doornbos

PKV Racing
#21 Neel Jani
#22 Tristan Gommendy

Dale Coyne Racing
#11 Katherine Legge
#19 Bruno Junqueira

Conquest Racing
#42 Matt Halliday

Pacific Coast Motorsports
#28 Ryan Dalziel
#29 Alex Figge
Old 6 Apr 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1884900)   #639
coyote9999
Racer

Canada
Montreal, Canada
coyote9999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wondering why Servia and Philippe are still indicated on the "new" Champ Car website as the list of drivers have been updated. I find this to be a little odd. Is it because some of drivers are being tested in the first races and if they don't impress a driver like Servia may take over?
Old 6 Apr 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1884907)   #640
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
the champcar website has been overhauled , anyone know where the old Spotters guide is located now or if they have one at all ?
It's there, but it still has only old liveried Lola's on it. A couple of other sites have some draft liveries of this year's field, but nothing complete as yet - maybe the guide may get updated before Long Beach.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 16:23 (Ref:1884984)   #641
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I heard there is no official media guide available either at this moment.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 23:59 (Ref:1885206)   #642
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine
Hmm, did AP writer Mike Harris get a scoop, or is he just assuming, same as we all are?

http://www.newsvantage.com/perl/p/we...y&g=sports.top
Tim Northcutt's got the same over on LTC:

The confirmed driver count is now up to 15. Dale Coyne Racing is expected to bring that number to 17 later in the week by confirming drivers Katherine Legge and Bruno Junquiera.

http://lastturnclub.com/content/view/74/71/
Old 7 Apr 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1885213)   #643
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, they've done the first qualiying. Did Dale forget to confirm his drivers?
Old 7 Apr 2007, 00:36 (Ref:1885215)   #644
jonesi
Rookie

jonesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
My old bookmark from '03 forwards to this:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/F...ttersGuide.asp
It's incomplete from earlier in the year.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 00:57 (Ref:1885221)   #645
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Considering that Dominguez and Halliday are officially on a 3 race season, and Legge/Junquiera are at DCR for an unknown amount of time:

1) Keep this thread open &
2) If there were a CC media guide the drivers section would be written in sponge.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 10:27 (Ref:1886246)   #646
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul Tracy gains Monster Energy Drinks as a personal sponsor
Old 10 Apr 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1888037)   #647
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Paul Tracy gains Monster Energy Drinks as a personal sponsor
Funny that. I've never seen PT as someone who needs more caffeine (or similar) in his diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Considering that Dominguez and Halliday are officially on a 3 race season, and Legge/Junquiera are at DCR for an unknown amount of time:

1) Keep this thread open &
2) If there were a CC media guide the drivers section would be written in sponge.
Sponge???? Noooo - that would be way too expensive. Besides they are probably waiting for another Laguna Seca-type fanfare announcement in order to announce that "the title sponsor of the CCWS media guide is (insert penny pinching company name here)"

Ooooh - saucer of milk over here please

Actually, to be fair and having watched the race on Sunday I thought the race was ok but a little farcical but perhaps understandable for a new car with limited testing. Also, I can't help thinking that many of drivers who were present in Vegas won't be there at the end of the season, and I can't help but compare that to the St Pete IRL field who seem pretty much set. TV coverage of Vegas was dire but that's for another thread.

However, the racing in both was pretty similar and really quite good all things considered.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1888136)   #648
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Halliday and Dominguez are the only drivers I've heard of with their length of time in the series under question.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1888187)   #649
indycool
Veteran

I'd bet Junqueira is conditional......
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:43 (Ref:1888226)   #650
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
I'd bet Junqueira is conditional......
Any coyne ride is good until the checks keep clearing, but bruno said he wouldnt pay to drive and was expecting to get paid. I wonder who's footing the bill for the Brazilian?