Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Jul 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2735188)   #626
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oak Racing have conformed they'll compete in the ILMC with two cars.

No world on whether they'll be P1 or P2.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2735387)   #627
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Oak Racing have conformed they'll compete in the ILMC with two cars.

No world on whether they'll be P1 or P2.
has to be P1 doesn't it? I thought the ILMC was only P1 and GT2.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2735417)   #628
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Are you trying to be funny? My opinions have been backed up... Its not pie in the sky.
I laughed.

Opinions backed up by ignorance are still ignorant opinions.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2735448)   #629
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
In that case wouldn't it be a 2011 P1 as I can't see them running two new cars just for three races.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2735455)   #630
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think they said all classes would be invited if they got at least 5 entries in each particular class.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2735468)   #631
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
I think they said all classes would be invited if they got at least 5 entries in each particular class.
Correct for team championship. I Think that the constructors title is reserved to P1 and GT2...
Old 29 Jul 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2735546)   #632
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
I laughed.

Opinions backed up by ignorance are still ignorant opinions.
What ignorance? I don't remember saying anything stupid.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2738782)   #633
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, I will likely be in the UK in September. Do I go to the Silverstone 1000k on the 12th (1st round of the LMIC) or do I go to Goodwood Revival on the 18th? I can't do both, unfortunately (wifey can only take so much car racing!).

Any advice on which is the more memorable event? This will be my first trip to the UK.
Cheers!
Old 3 Aug 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2738785)   #634
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
So, I will likely be in the UK in September. Do I go to the Silverstone 1000k on the 12th (1st round of the LMIC) or do I go to Goodwood Revival on the 18th? I can't do both, unfortunately (wifey can only take so much car racing!).

Any advice on which is the more memorable event? This will be my first trip to the UK.
Cheers!
First off, check which cars there will be there in the Goodwood Revival .
Old 3 Aug 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2738799)   #635
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers!
Goodwood Revival. Take your wife, dress up in period costume and have a day out together.

These three posts will give you a flavour of what to expect.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008...ght-stuff.aspx

http://sportscarpros.anamera.com/not...-1/default.htm

http://sportscarpros.anamera.com/not...01/default.htm

Silverstone LMIC will be good too but the place is charmless at the best of times and it is still a building site while the new pits are constructed. Your wife will love the style and glamour of the Revival.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2738915)   #636
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be at Silverstone - but I'll be wishing I could have done both.......
Old 3 Aug 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2739031)   #637
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope to be at Silverstone too this year, i missed it last year due to work.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2739084)   #638
JAG
Veteran

England
Still have plans to hire an MPV and camp nearby for Silverstone.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2739489)   #639
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Strange with GT2 - the ACO surely wouldn't have added it to the ILMC if people didn't ask them to, but as yet I have heard no word of even rumoured entries other than BMW
I remember reading a while ago that it was potentially on the cards for RSR. Presumably we've heard nothing since that initial announcement?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2739491)   #640
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW have confirmed there entry but i dont see how there plan is valid for the title, they are having a single Schnitzer car for Silvertone and Zhuhai, and RLR's pair for Petit Le Mans, how is this going to work, are RLR going to have to change there name to BMW Motorsport for Petit Le Mans if they do this then they will not score any ALMS championship team points at Petit.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2739497)   #641
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
BMW have confirmed there entry but i dont see how there plan is valid for the title, they are having a single Schnitzer car for Silvertone and Zhuhai, and RLR's pair for Petit Le Mans, how is this going to work, are RLR going to have to change there name to BMW Motorsport for Petit Le Mans if they do this then they will not score any ALMS championship team points at Petit.

It is a mfgs championship. Here

L.P.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2739498)   #642
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Maybe there will be a manfacturer championship awarded and bmw is going for that. But even then you would think they would align 2 cars, so I am a little puzzled too
Old 4 Aug 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2739516)   #643
endurancesportscar
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
endurancesportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers!

Id go to Silverstone for the LMS - A bumper entry on the new circuit it should be a great race weekend...

There is also 2 Free VIP Tickets available... but if I mention anymore I will be hung drawn and quartered....
Old 5 Aug 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2740040)   #644
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
With no Audis on the Hungaroring entry list, it makes me question how the ILMC selection process works, if an individual entry has to run 5 races including the ILMC, or if a team collectivly does? Peugeot has run two cars at Sebring, and 2 out of those 3 cars at Spa ran Sebring. The #7 Joest Audi ran Paul Ricard and Spa. The #8 and 9 ran Spa and Le Mans, with LM not offically counting towards that total.

How how does that process work? Peugeot is only going to enter one of their cars at Silverstone, but two in the rest, and RLR will do PLM for BMW. So I guess that Audi will be gunning for the drivers title with McNish and Capello, and just use the second car for manufacturers points if it does get in.

Either that, or Audi has some cards they aint showin' and plan on doing either Road America or Mosport as an in-race test before Silverstone(some news will come about the ALMS this weekend). If so, it can be a shot in the arm for the ALMS, though the Audis will only race for trophies and finishing positions, being inelegible for points due to not running most of the races. But I'm not holding my breath on that one, and I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 06:53 (Ref:2740217)   #645
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Well, the Hungaroring entry list is still temporary. Endurance-Info's Facebook page has a message about a "surprising return" with no other details given, so... we'll see anyway.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2740366)   #646
Antho
Rookie

Cuba
Antho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well, the Hungaroring entry list is still temporary. Endurance-Info's Facebook page has a message about a "surprising return" with no other details given, so... we'll see anyway.
There is no "link" between this message and ILMC. "La rentrée" in French, this is the beginning of September. So, this is not about a come back. This is juste a surprise from EI. Sorry, this is not Porsche come back in LMP1 !
Old 6 Aug 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2740514)   #647
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antho View Post
There is no "link" between this message and ILMC. "La rentrée" in French, this is the beginning of September. So, this is not about a come back. This is juste a surprise from EI. Sorry, this is not Porsche come back in LMP1 !
Ah okay. But in any case, I didn't mean anything related to Porsche, I was thinking about a potential late addition to the Hungaroring entry list and was wondering whether the message had anything to do with it.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:54 (Ref:2742743)   #648
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Again, I would like some clarification (if any is avilable knowing the ACO!) what is required to be classified in the ILMC and how it applies. I know that a team has to run 5 races total, with two being non-ILMC events. In that case, Oreca has run the whole LMS season, and thus qualifies. Peugeot has run two of their cars at Sebring and Spa, and qualify, Audi, though, has run the 7 at Paul Ricard and Spa, while the 8 and 9 have only done Spa.

Does qualification apply to a blanket entry (ie, at least one Joest/Audi Sport NA Audi has done two races and two Peugeot Sport entries have done two races outside of the ILMC), or does it apply to individual entrants, ie the car number.

If the latter, Audi has to run the 8 or 9 in one more race, and time is running out, with no entry at Hungaroring and Road America, leaving only Mosport I believe as an "Le Mans Series" race before Silverstone. Or is the ACO this time around willing to be leanent in terms of entry requirements? Or is Audi willing to run one car in those races offically unclassified for points? Could be risky if Audi is taking the ILMC seriously for the drivers and manufacturers championships.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2742750)   #649
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manufacturers' Classification:

For this classification, only the two cars of the same manufacturer, (whoever the competitor is), having obtained the best classification will score points, at the end of each race (addition of the points of the 2 cars)

Classification of Teams:

To score points in the Teams’ classification, a competitor :
. must enter at least one car in the 3 ILMC races,
. must have entered at least one car in 5 races run under the 2010 Le Mans label (ALMS – LMS – ASIAN LE MANS SERIES – 24 HEURES DU MANS), ILMC races included.
. must have paid to the organizers the entry fees for each race (LMS – ALMS – ASIAN LE MANS SERIES).
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2742753)   #650
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Again, I would like some clarification (if any is avilable knowing the ACO!) what is required to be classified in the ILMC and how it applies.
Google is your friend: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...mc_2010_gb.pdf

One car is sufficient for the teams cup. The manufacturers cup has no requirement about participation in 5 races.

BTW there is no drivers cup. That explains why Peugeot is giving all its drivers a chance to race in the remaining 3 ILMC races.

Last edited by gwyllion; 10 Aug 2010 at 22:15. Reason: Stranger beat me with his post