Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 May 2015, 00:54 (Ref:3534574)   #626
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHP L FS1 SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 8:30 AM 11:00 AM 79k
FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHP L FS2 SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 11:00 AM 1:00 PM 8k
FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHP L FS1 SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 1:00 PM 2:34 PM 148k viewers

TUSC's race, on Laguna Seca, got 120k

IIRC, Silverstone was broadcasted entirely on FS1 and the viewer average was like 117k. Taking only the Spa's FS1 exhibit, the average would be only 105k considering the 79k were for the first 2,5 hours and the 148k for last 1,5.

Chiana, do you know where to find the peak values? I'm disapointed, I think Le Mans won't even reach half million

For the American viewers who saw it on FS1, how are they in terms of commercial ads? I mean real ads, not the own tv guide stuff. On MotorsTv, there was quite a lot of ads like Magnun Icecream, BT broadband and some other 4, at least.
Old 6 May 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3534580)   #627
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHP L FS1 SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 8:30 AM 11:00 AM 79k
FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHP L FS2 SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 11:00 AM 1:00 PM 8k
FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHP L FS1 SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS 1:00 PM 2:34 PM 148k viewers

TUSC's race, on Laguna Seca, got 120k

IIRC, Silverstone was broadcasted entirely on FS1 and the viewer average was like 117k. Taking only the Spa's FS1 exhibit, the average would be only 105k considering the 79k were for the first 2,5 hours and the 148k for last 1,5.

Chiana, do you know where to find the peak values? I'm disapointed, I think Le Mans won't even reach half million

For the American viewers who saw it on FS1, how are they in terms of commercial ads? I mean real ads, not the own tv guide stuff. On MotorsTv, there was quite a lot of ads like Magnun Icecream, BT broadband and some other 4, at least.
I think it's deceptive to only consider american viewers. What you'll find is that most likely WEC has a much larger following internationally, much like F1.

For only the 1st year that WEC has been on fox sports compared to 10-20 years of ALMS, Grand Am on american television in general, to be at level playing field already is telling.
Old 6 May 2015, 01:54 (Ref:3534587)   #628
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Don't know if anyone is interested in this, but here are a bunch of photos from last weekend, all taken from spectator areas: http://www.gt-report.com/2015/05/05/behind-the-fence/

Peace out yo!
ohh I like your taste for pictures ! great job

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 6 May 2015 at 02:04.
Old 6 May 2015, 06:39 (Ref:3534613)   #629
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
They do a full lap at Le Mans, this is from Tetre Rouge last year:
I am not sure they do ... unless it is deemed a 'racing finish'. Otherwise the last lap is usually run slowly with the marshals on track waving flags etc. The cars are then pulled into parc ferme at the end of the pit lane after taking the chequered flag.
Old 6 May 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3534634)   #630
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Some really creative shots there, very well done ... but how did you know my name is "Yo"?
Obama told me.

I should note, most of these photos aren't mine, but my friends'. That is, the best shots are theirs, I just hanged back and let them do the work this time Seriously, I was frustrated by all the fences everywhere and without the need to HAVE do any photos, I just experimented a bit with only a 50mm. Some of that fencing isn't there to protect the spectators, but to keep them off the track because nanny-society.
Old 6 May 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3534725)   #631
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I was frustrated by all the fences everywhere...

Some of that fencing isn't there to protect the spectators, but to keep them off the track because nanny-society.
Welcome to F1, euhhh WEC...
Old 6 May 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3534730)   #632
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans gets somewhat promoted by the network at least. None of the WEC races have had any commercials. I'd say those ratings would perhaps double if they had some decent advertising. Commercials are for a lot of FS1 shows (Garbage Time for ex.) and Tudor races. I'd actually be embarrassed if I were the Tudor series that the WEC in the morning/early afternoon without any promotion whatsoever is drawing about the same as their races.
Old 6 May 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3534799)   #633
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Don't know if anyone is interested in this, but here are a bunch of photos from last weekend, all taken from spectator areas: http://www.gt-report.com/2015/05/05/behind-the-fence/

Peace out yo!
Great pics- thanks for sharing!
Old 6 May 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3534851)   #634
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
Le Mans gets somewhat promoted by the network at least. None of the WEC races have had any commercials. I'd say those ratings would perhaps double if they had some decent advertising. Commercials are for a lot of FS1 shows (Garbage Time for ex.) and Tudor races. I'd actually be embarrassed if I were the Tudor series that the WEC in the morning/early afternoon without any promotion whatsoever is drawing about the same as their races.
They draw the same because it's the same people tuning in to both broadcasts.
Old 6 May 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3534951)   #635
AFCORSE51
Rookie

United States
Arizona
AFCORSE51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink #51...

I only really care about the GT-PRO class...the LMP1 is great and all but I feel the GT class is much more relatable to the average guy because the cars are much closer to those any one could get (if we have that kind of cash)...and of course as my profile name indicates...I am a #51 458 fan to the core. Those dam Astons are sure getting faster every race and they always worry the hell out of me. Last years LeMans saw the #97 Aston right with the #51 until about at the 21 hour mark the Aston had power steering problems, allowing the #51 to cruise to the win. I think Audi needs to field a GT-PRO entry just as I wish Ferrari would get in the LMP1 class. I would also like to see Bently get into the WEC...and a return of the MC-12 would be epic, but it was too fast and agile for its own good...just a bunch of random thoughts as I am very new here to this website...cheers...
Old 7 May 2015, 01:01 (Ref:3534978)   #636
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't feel bad !! Maybe one day Ferrari will find out what Real racing is about and come join the Real Racers
Old 7 May 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3534981)   #637
AFCORSE51
Rookie

United States
Arizona
Really Bob?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Don't feel bad !! Maybe one day Ferrari will find out what Real racing is about and come join the Real Racers
The #51 Ferrari has more wins, drivers, constructor, team titles than ANY other team in the WEC since 2012....Ferrari is the class of just about every series its entered in....try again jealous anti Scuderia man...
Old 7 May 2015, 01:10 (Ref:3534982)   #638
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

As it's all about BoP today in GTE and car development plays no part, Ferraris chances at LM depend on just two things
A) That lottery politics don't go against them again
B) Drivers (mainly Fisi) don't screw it up

Grandpa-Astons will prob get penalty ahead of test day, then cruise around in pit limiter speed like last year to get ACO sympathy points and moan to everybody, then get refunded again and totally obliterate everyone come qualifying. But in the race they always seem to screw it up somehow in the last few years so it should be one of the other three makes there to get it.
Old 7 May 2015, 01:17 (Ref:3534984)   #639
AFCORSE51
Rookie

United States
Arizona
I'll give ya that Fisichella is the weakest link in AF"s lineup...but if he's the weakest, I sure like their chances, he's been apart of their last 2 wins, not to mention the record setting 2012 season and 8 wins in the last couple of years with Bruni and Vilander. If AF can be as good as they were last season, and I am expecting they will be...the Astons and the Porsches will keep up for awhile....and thats all..for awhile...
Old 7 May 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3534988)   #640
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2009 or maybe even late as 2010 were the last years when GT2 class still had some sense in it, as in development and all still mattered and everybody wasn't fully forced equal. Ferrari was at the top of it's game with F430 then. Then 2011, a bit too early for baby 458 to work out even in much more equalized field, but in 2012 they had new direct injection improving fuel mileage that helped them to beat the competition. Kudos to them for actually pushing technology in now so tightly controlled class and being road car relevant. But after that ACO penalized them for being good and made their (on merit) fuel consumption **** because Aston and Porsche started crying. So in 2013 they were handed total crap hand in poker. Last year, I don't know, there was so much bopping before the race that I lost all traction of what was going on but in the end someone has to win it right? But if there was no bop the 458 would win all the races anyway (okay maybe C7.R could take few wins but otherwise 458 is clearly the best base car) so I'm perfectly okay with AF Corse clinching wins.

That direct injection must've been truly super in 2012 given that they lost exclusivity for width-waiver they had been enjoying in 2011. Possibly the only waiver that vehicle ever had, which is saying something when those are counted in many many dozens with other models today

Last edited by Deleted; 7 May 2015 at 01:37.
Old 7 May 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3534992)   #641
AFCORSE51
Rookie

United States
Arizona
All of what you said is pretty much everything I know and say in discussions like this. I was so dam made at the ACO for what they did to AF in 2013...but as an unabashed #51 fan, their win with no garage issues last year at LeMans was especially sweet...but those dam Astons really worry me at times. The Porsches are kinda inconsistent in the GT class to be of any real concern, but I'd be a fool to count them out purely from a historical sense with their past wins...I would rather have the Astons win than the Vettes..and I'm an American by the way...I dunno why I have such a problem with the Vettes, to me they are just a car with a big engine and not much else, I feel no passion for the Vette, and the makers have non either in my opinion as the makers of 458 have...kind of a fun thing to talk about I suppose...

Last edited by AFCORSE51; 7 May 2015 at 01:51. Reason: left out a word
Old 7 May 2015, 03:01 (Ref:3535007)   #642
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCORSE51 View Post
The #51 Ferrari has more wins, drivers, constructor, team titles than ANY other team in the WEC since 2012....Ferrari is the class of just about every series its entered in....try again jealous anti Scuderia man...
Jealous Anti Scuderia Man No Not Really . Just the people associated with the various teams that I have met from M Schumacher whom I actually met at a Horse event here in Kentucky to various Ferrari teams Crew members they all seemed to have Pompous Cocky attitudes .
Yes I am familiar with their record in Non F-1 events also .. Have yet to hear a good reason WHY they don't take up the LMP1 Hybrid Challenge .
While I am venting my frustrations as relates to anything GM Chevy / Corvette ETC ; I will Never Ever Buy anything GM related since they Screwed their investors and our Worthless POS Prez Obloso bailed their Arse's out
Always a Ford supporter and I love my Aston Martin
Old 7 May 2015, 03:41 (Ref:3535011)   #643
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Should leave the politics about 'bad Obama' to Fox News, this isnt the place for that crap. Vette are a formidable foe, and much more than just a big engine (thats not really that big).
Old 7 May 2015, 03:47 (Ref:3535012)   #644
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
GM paid all their bailout money back with interest, soooooooooooooooo
Old 7 May 2015, 05:21 (Ref:3535025)   #645
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Should leave the politics about 'bad Obama' to Fox News, this isnt the place for that crap. Vette are a formidable foe, and much more than just a big engine (thats not really that big).
Neither is your take on Fox News.
Old 7 May 2015, 10:07 (Ref:3535088)   #646
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
Commercials are for a lot of FS1 shows (Garbage Time for ex.) and Tudor races.
150k viewers is not neglectable. It's odd they don't have commercial adds...

Anyway, I have found numbers from last year and Le Mans only had 196k viewers, when it was on FS1(on FS2 the max was 72k)

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/nbcs...june-9-15.html

I hope, this year, it reaches much more viewers. Fox really needs to promote it more because, iirc, 24h Daytona peaked at 600k
Old 7 May 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3535175)   #647
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Daytona gets the big numbers because it starts on network FOX.

Like I said, sports car racing will get basically the same numbers for everything, because it's always the same people tuning in to each broadcast.
Old 7 May 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3535178)   #648
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Neither is your take on Fox News.
GM Paid back the Bond Holders ? Please get your facts straight

Forum Administration I apologize for my comments but that topic as you see really ****es me off .

Ok now lets get back to really important stuff like Sports Car Racing .
Old 7 May 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3535180)   #649
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
GM Paid back the Bond Holders ? Please get your facts straight

Forum Administration I apologize for my comments but that topic as you see really ****es me off .

Ok now lets get back to really important stuff like Sports Car Racing .
Hey Bob! I don't think it was me that you wanted to quote.
Old 7 May 2015, 15:18 (Ref:3535181)   #650
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Spyderman : You are right My Apologies to you Sir My error