Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2476149)   #651
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Details, please? I just trawled ITV4s site, and not a dicky bird. Not one?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2476158)   #652
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year they just had a short highlights show, as I assume they'll have the same again. Their main focus for next week and weekend is the IoM TT races.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2476161)   #653
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
ITV 4 are covering this years Le Mans.
According to Sky's online TV guide, all the Le Mans coverage is on Eurosport.

Tom.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2476243)   #654
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From Speedtv :-

"When SPEED is not providing its 19 hours of live coverage from Circuit de la Sarthe, SPEEDtv.com, in association with Radio Le Mans, will stream the action live. This will be the first time sports car fans in the United States will be able to view live coverage from Le Mans on SPEEDtv.com."

Does anyone know if Australia, or for that matter, anywhere else in the world, will be able to access this?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2476248)   #655
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post

"When SPEED is not providing its 19 hours of live coverage from Circuit de la Sarthe, SPEEDtv.com, in association with Radio Le Mans, will stream the action live. This will be the first time sports car fans in the United States will be able to view live coverage from Le Mans on SPEEDtv.com."

Does anyone know if Australia, or for that matter, anywhere else in the world, will be able to access this?
Can't see how they would block others out!?, except if they can do something with the Ip addresses!
Old 5 Jun 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2476256)   #656
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Can't see how they would block others out!?, except if they can do something with the Ip addresses!
The same way everybody else does it. Filtering access based on location isn't something new.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 05:20 (Ref:2476339)   #657
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Details, please? I just trawled ITV4s site, and not a dicky bird. Not one?
Next Saturday - race day - they will show qualifying highlights followed by a programme purporting to show a century of Le Mans - both around midday.

Beyond that, I don't know, but I seem to remember that they showed highlights of last year's race a week or so after the event.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 05:50 (Ref:2476343)   #658
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post

i watched the speed tv coverage of the 06 race on the net, but that was through a channel on MYp2p, it was good quality aswell. best bet would be to look up on websites such as justin.tv and myp2p.eu
Old 6 Jun 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2476346)   #659
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After watching last weeks BTCC from Oulton they previewed coverage of this years LM. This was due to be broadcast in the build up to Sunday's Croft races (the guide states 10.30-11.45 am), hopefuly further coverage will be braoadcast during the day .
Old 6 Jun 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2476367)   #660
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting to see the first 400 lap prediction in the predictions competition........

Actually, it's just a plug - with only this weekend to go effectively, we still have only 30 entries - exactly half of what we had in 2008.....
Old 6 Jun 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2476482)   #661
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Interesting to see the first 400 lap prediction in the predictions competition........

Actually, it's just a plug - with only this weekend to go effectively, we still have only 30 entries - exactly half of what we had in 2008.....

On the one hand, thanks for keeping this going guys - up to 35 entries now.

On the other hand, I sincerely hope for all our sakes that the 24 Hours doesn't turn out to be the one-horse race most of you are predicting.....60% saying a win for Audi #1? I wonder how many of you would actually put money on that........
Old 7 Jun 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2476782)   #662
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, I'm no master of sportscar racing, but I do know that TK has proven himself to be a master at Le Mans over the last 15 or so years and Nishy is potentially the best sportscar driver out there (along with Sarrazin maybe).

Well, that's what this unknowledgeable armchair enthusiast thinks.

The question is whether or not Peugeot's pace will out do Audi's reliability, and as it has proven across last season in the LMS, at Le Mans, and this year at Sebring, it appears as though Peugeot will not be able to do so.

Noting the lap predictions, they'd need about 392 laps to break the distance record set in 1971.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2476816)   #663
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
To all who are travelling to france this weekend : have a safe trip and maybe see you at the meeting !
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2476823)   #664
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Ayse, I'm no master of sportscar racing, but I do know that TK has proven himself to be a master at Le Mans over the last 15 or so years and Nishy is potentially the best sportscar driver out there (along with Sarrazin maybe).

Well, that's what this unknowledgeable armchair enthusiast thinks.
That much is true enough, but despite McNish's view (in 'Truth in 24') that luck doesn't enter into it, in my opinion there always has to come a time when the unpredictable comes to the fore. If Juan Barazi had biffed TK just a tad harder last year, he mght still be waiting now for his 8th win..... It's a fact that the best car and the best drivers don't always win.....

Two things from me:-

1. Very best wishes from me to everyone who is travelling out today and hereafter. Have a great time - drive carefully and stay safe people - I'm look forward to a bumper meeting on Saturday!

2. I've decided to keep the predictions competition open for a little longer beyond the intended closing date tomorrow. It will now stay open until 9 am on Wednesday 10th June. So if you haven't had a go, we're now up to 40 entries - I'd love to see us beat last year's tally.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2476853)   #665
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I see there's a rather nice video on the ACO site right now - it's a YouTube jobbie but I've downloaded it and converted it to an avi. Worth a look....
Old 7 Jun 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2476857)   #666
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the 2008 video or a new one?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2476858)   #667
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes its the 2008 one. Very good.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2476864)   #668
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I hadn't seen it before - although it's only 5 mins long, there's a lot of nice archive footage in it.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2476975)   #669
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I hadn't seen it before - although it's only 5 mins long, there's a lot of nice archive footage in it.
I don't know how many times ir was shown during the race on the screen, I lost count, every hour I think it was! Surprised you hadn't.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2477612)   #670
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I don't know how many times ir was shown during the race on the screen, I lost count, every hour I think it was! Surprised you hadn't.
You mean the video of the 2007 race that was shown during the 2008 race ?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2477719)   #671
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I am all packed and ready to roll. Just printing off the last few bits and then I am off to my other half's for the evening.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2477776)   #672
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wednesday morning for me, 7.45 Eurostar my first Le Mans via anything else than a voiture and I'm a little apprehensive, though it should still be fun.

I agree with most people in seeing the #1 Audi still as the favourite purely for me down the to the driver line up, absolute class and certainly one of the best ever at Le Mans After watching many of the Pugs pilot's mishaps in the 2008 review recently, I'd probably tip the #9 Peugeot to end up being the car to challenge the #1, purely due to that line up making less mistakes and Brabs is a sporstcar legend afterall, he'll guide his team mates to the finish.

I'd better get over and enter the predictions comp now after writing this .
Old 8 Jun 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2477863)   #673
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the third Audi will win this year, a new crew, good pilots will avoid mistakes, the small and the big ones.
I'm not sure that all the six best Diesel will finish together this year.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2477867)   #674
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
You mean the video of the 2007 race that was shown during the 2008 race ?
No, that vid was shown a lot during the race.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2478157)   #675
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As the race thread begins (rightly) to take over from this one, just a quickie to say that the predictions comp is now up to 56 entries. Thanks a lot for this - let's see if we can find 5 more during the day to beat last year's 60!

Tags
2009 le mans