Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Dec 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4024738)   #651
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Oui absolument, bien joué Joe! You dont come often here but its a win. Do you remember the TVR used? Is it the quarter pounder called in France Royal with cheese which led you?
Old 23 Dec 2020, 18:47 (Ref:4024833)   #652
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bon Chris, tu va nous le trouver ce pilote Yankee ou faut-il que je tienne le stylo pour toi? Nom d'une pipe! Il y en a tant que ça qui ont bâti leur réputation sur leur coup de volant ET le fait qu'ils ont sauté en marche de leur voiture? Sans blague!
Old 23 Dec 2020, 19:36 (Ref:4024843)   #653
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope someone buys Gerard a camera for Christmas.;

What links these four cars, with Hawthorn, Marimon, Fangio, Gonzalez, Behra, Ascari, and Moss?
To be fair it is quite difficult (RB?).
Attached Thumbnails
AA1.jpg   AA2.jpg   AA3.jpg  

AA4.jpg  
Old 24 Dec 2020, 00:26 (Ref:4024909)   #654
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Do you remember the TVR used? Is it the quarter pounder called in France Royal with cheese which led you?

Tuscan!

Does this count as a correct answer???

Yeeehaaaa!!! I got one right!

And you all thought I was in the Stupido Club!

Anyway, I've now worked out the rules for this thread:

1) You MUST use pictures in your questions... unless you're Gerard. Or unless you don't have a picture. Or even if you don't have a question.

2) If you ask a question without a picture, it has to be almost impossible to answer, or preferably impossible to even understand the question.

3) If, however, you ask a question with pictures, then that's different - it has to be completely impossible to answer.

4) There are no rules. This rule supersedes all previous rules.

5) ALL rules must be obeyed. Pay special attention to Rule #4.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 06:30 (Ref:4024945)   #655
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
TBH this one is really good, one of the best of this part of the forum imo. Thanks and cheers
Paul, vous venez d'être nommé secrétaire honoraire Ã* vie! Long life to you, be you happy. Not Happy the dwarf, n'est ce pas…

Still we have two questions pending. The Yankee driver's name has the same initials as a car brand recently honored by bauble…
For the other question, have to find what Bob means first!

Last edited by Gerard C; 24 Dec 2020 at 06:35.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 07:49 (Ref:4024954)   #656
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bob, its Christmas time so may be all those drivers were Catholics? Onofre Augustin never drove for Amédée.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4024957)   #657
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Oui absolument, bien joué Joe! You dont come often here but its a win. Do you remember the TVR used? Is it the quarter pounder called in France Royal with cheese which led you?
I'll guess at a Tuscan ? I'm not film buff! but Pulp Fiction I know, and that he's a part time pilot.

Edit, just seen following post . . .I've no idea whats going on here so I'll get back dans ma boite!
Old 24 Dec 2020, 08:17 (Ref:4024959)   #658
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Bon Chris, tu va nous le trouver ce pilote Yankee ou faut-il que je tienne le stylo pour toi? Nom d'une pipe! Il y en a tant que ça qui ont bâti leur réputation sur leur coup de volant ET le fait qu'ils ont sauté en marche de leur voiture? Sans blague!
The only American driver I can think of who had a habit of bailing out of cars is Masten Gregory.Not sure what he had to do with pipes though.... the only Gregory I know who liked pipes is Gregory Peck!
Old 24 Dec 2020, 09:06 (Ref:4024965)   #659
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Joe, Travolta was ambassador for Qantas, he could travel with a 707 anywhere anytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The only American driver I can think of who had a habit of bailing out of cars is Masten Gregory.

By the way, "Nom d'une pipe!" is a typical French expression, meaning "Nom de Zeus", "By Jove" or "Bon sang, c'est bien sûr".
Dans le cas que tu évoques Chris, ce serait plutôt "Bon sang, c'est bien dur!" Nothing to do with a b..w job as you suppose, petit coquin. Not only Peck but Hugh Grant and many others!

Hey Joe, dont go back dans ta boîte, stay with us please. Following the Paul's mode d'emploi, this is a special question for Paul and Joe:
"What is the difference between?"
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:52 (Ref:4025002)   #660
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what I like to see Gerard - sticking strictly to the rules again!

Anyway, I actually know the answer: the difference is!

Incidentally, I seem to remember the Travolta film in question is 'Swordfish', and apart from the Tuscan, it was notable for Halle Berry getting her t*ts out! Which is nice...

Last edited by Paul D; 24 Dec 2020 at 11:03.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4025009)   #661
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Gerard C;4024965]Joe, Travolta was ambassador for Qantas, he could travel with a 707 anywhere anytime.

Seem to remember he did own an ex Qantas 707, he had it painted in a period colour scheme, he has recently given the aircraft to an Aussie museum.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:51 (Ref:4025017)   #662
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know he flew a plane on the Simpsons, so that makes sense
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:50 (Ref:4025046)   #663
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
That's what I like to see Gerard - sticking strictly to the rules again!

Anyway, I actually know the answer: the difference is!

Incidentally, I seem to remember the Travolta film in question is 'Swordfish', and apart from the Tuscan, it was notable for Halle Berry getting her t*ts out! Which is nice...
Paul, please remember this is a PICTURE thread.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 17:02 (Ref:4025097)   #664
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, OK take it easy and let me put everything clear. I'm fluent in Paul's language you know. So, what do you want now: Paul showing his tIts or Paul posting Halle Berry tIts picture? You must be more precise!
Old 24 Dec 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4025107)   #665
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
OK, OK take it easy and let me put everything clear. I'm fluent in Paul's language you know. So, what do you want now: Paul showing his tIts or Paul posting Halle Berry tIts picture? You must be more precise!
Mon Ami, Gerard, until I see the full details of the Brexit agreement, I can not comment, or indeed clarify, the position with regard to Miss Berry's mammary glands, being displayed on this forum,neither can i make any judgement of the propriety of Paul making an exhibition of hiss own upper torso.

No doubt all will be come clear by this time next year, and I can re-vivit the matter. Until then Joyeux Noel. Le Baub.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 22:49 (Ref:4025133)   #666
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In this thread's terms a car brexit would give we keep Halle Berry and you keep Susan Boyle! Pictures included. Pourquoi tant de violence?

Brexit or not, old love never rust!

I wish you a Merry Christmas, mon Ami Robert.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 07:56 (Ref:4025159)   #667
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gonzo Awards of the Stupido Club

I think its the right place and thread to make the prize giving of our now worldwide famous Stupido Club. Hope you'll all agree that bauble is outstanding for asking questions nobody understands, mistakes in the questions and answers. Grumpy of the year!

Lets go for the Gonzo Awards.
I suggest Paul #1 for his mode d'emploi and EB #2 for the Matras!
All the others could be even…*

Dont forget that in a crazy world to be member of the Stupido Club makes you clever. Very clever may be…
Old 26 Dec 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4025258)   #668
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its time for one of the last quizz, no picture as said by Paul…*
Those yankee drivers have several things in common, can you name at least one?
Carroll Shelby, AJ Foyt, Mark Martin, Eddie Cheever, Ray Harroun, Coo Coo Marlin and Paul Newman.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 08:48 (Ref:4025371)   #669
bauble
Veteran

England
Is that a Datsun? Sonny!
Attached Thumbnails
9356030718_2449f4eb37_b.jpg  
Old 27 Dec 2020, 08:49 (Ref:4025372)   #670
bauble
Veteran

England
No! It's an Austin, Chummy.
Attached Thumbnails
cf3f7975f28e26f99256b6162beb1db3b56f1f45.jpg  
Old 27 Dec 2020, 10:36 (Ref:4025388)   #671
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Do you call me Shirley, surely!
Old 28 Dec 2020, 19:34 (Ref:4025549)   #672
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I wrote this question decades ago, hoping a GerryMo will bring it to light in the best historic forum of the world. Like a bottle floating on the sea of your knowledge. Sooo romantic, huh?

I thought about bauble-the-boss, because its more or less his era and I'm an ex Mercedes driver.
A big thought for EB-the-brit-french-aussie of course because I did Le Mans once (was a DNF) EB knows many Gerard's questions are LM based!
Had a thought for the mysterious and wonderful RBS thinking that Juan Manuel had a model but Manuel was inspired by my manual too. No RB, I'm not Jean Pierre…
Had a thought for Zef', because I won a championship riding a Norton and designed some successful two wheelers which became record breakers.
I thought that Paul could find my name because he's smart panty!

First clue? No, you dont deserve it yet!

And because its time for me to go to Cortina, let the others "bouger leur derrière" and find who I am!
Old 28 Dec 2020, 22:21 (Ref:4025561)   #673
bauble
Veteran

England
Merci Gerrryo, I have been distracted by events, and missed you latest torture. I will get on it.

Robert

I have looked at the piece above and even more confused than ever!!! Are we looking for one driver, or several?
An ex- Mercedes driver of Brit-French-Australian mixed race, Champion Norton rider and designer who wears panties?

Well that narrows the field a bit

Last edited by bauble; 28 Dec 2020 at 22:33.
Old 29 Dec 2020, 03:17 (Ref:4025573)   #674
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good to have you playing, mon Ami Robert.
You're looking for one driver. He started his race life as a rider. He was champion riding a Norton. He designed several record breakers. F1 driver. Mercedes driver but not in F1.
Like to be confused? He held a speed record with a catamaran…
I'm sure you know at least his name. Cortina could lead you to discover another skill…
Old 29 Dec 2020, 03:25 (Ref:4025574)   #675
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Merci Gerrryo, I have been distracted by events, and missed you latest torture. I will get on it.

Robert

I have looked at the piece above and even more confused than ever!!! Are we looking for one driver, or several?
An ex- Mercedes driver of Brit-French-Australian mixed race, Champion Norton rider and designer who wears panties?

Well that narrows the field a bit

Maybe said person lived in the back streets of Cortina.
Or its Ian Dury in the back of his Cortina.
I think this one shows me as being a Stupido Blockhead......