Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 May 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2200780)   #676
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmmm, maybe you could add Sascha Maassen to that Essex team as temptative ;-)

That AF Corse line-up is not fixed at all while Bruni will most probably be at Risi, not at Virgo

Iradj Alexander and not Camandona on the Speedy Spyker

Last edited by brielga; 13 May 2008 at 07:54.
Old 13 May 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2200802)   #677
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the list Rob - takes me back a few years to when we used to compete to get the details first!
Old 13 May 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2200819)   #678
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Dumas will partner Collard-Boullion .

Is that a missprint in the EE LMP1 ..... Judd ?

I thought Müller will race for Kruse , which Müller it is , I havent a clue ?

Savoldi is the 3rd driver for Racing Box .

Is it not Rees who will drive for Barazi Epsilon ?
Old 13 May 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2200820)   #679
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
mmmm, maybe you could add Sascha Maassen to that Essex team as temptative ;-)
Thats a good pick ..... !!!
Old 13 May 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2200829)   #680
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Dumas will partner Collard-Boullion .

Is that a missprint in the EE LMP1 ..... Judd ?

I thought Müller will race for Kruse , which Müller it is , I havent a clue ?

Savoldi is the 3rd driver for Racing Box .

Is it not Rees who will drive for Barazi Epsilon ?
Rees seems to be confirmed indeed, the Mueller for Kruse is Alex Mueller
Old 13 May 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2200842)   #681
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Obviously something must have changed at Vitaphone. The team initially turned down their Automatic Entry, only to apply once more for the Aston Martin. Had this Strakka deal been there from the start, or did something at Vitaphone make them change their mind about running an Aston?
They'd have had to lease an Aston plus spares and maybe technical support either directly from Prodrive, or from one of the FIA GT Aston teams. There are certainly Astons sitting idle (the BMS and Larbre cars and do Phoenix still have theirs?), and none of the FIA cars (Race Alliance, Gigawave etc) have Le Mans entries so possibly it's simply a case that they weren't able to come to a deal with anyone for some reason.

Either that, or as you suggested this deal for Strakka to run their car under the Vitaphone name was on the table some time ago
Old 13 May 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2200858)   #682
The Badger
Veteran

Yamagishi for Radical & Didaio quit Racing Box !!! Did Yamagishi race a JLOC Lambo ?

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=5576&thold=0

Do I smell a potential pull out from Racing Box . Duff chassis and now drivers quiting .

Wasnt there supposed to be Greaves-Greaves in the Radical ?
Old 13 May 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2200872)   #683
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yamagishi for Radical & Didaio quit Racing Box !!! Did Yamagishi race a JLOC Lambo ?

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=5576&thold=0

Do I smell a potential pull out from Racing Box . Duff chassis and now drivers quiting .

Wasnt there supposed to be Greaves-Greaves in the Radical ?
Yamagishi has driven for T2M at Le Mans- both in their 911 and the LMP2 Dome last year?

Looked at the article more closely and there's some interesting details in there- Rostan/Yamagishi may be joined by a female driver in the Radical.

Didaio is possibly looking at another LMP2 drive for Le Mans, and maybe an LMP1 seat for the rest of the LMS, and Epsilon are apparently willing to take up the LM slot if Racing Box pull out. If I've read it correctly, it also suggests that Savoldi has quit Racing Box as well

Translation:
http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Incidentally, comments from Hugh Chamberlain on DSC last night- they intend to be at Le Mans, the missed races have apparently been down to money problems- a dispute between the drivers over the budget...The rest of the season is still in question
Old 13 May 2008, 10:23 (Ref:2200907)   #684
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's nothing new for Hugh, surely, he's been living hand to mouth to get to Le Mans for as long as I've been going there......
Old 13 May 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2200932)   #685
The Badger
Veteran

He neaarly wouldnt let me outta his garage , back when he was running Viper's .... cuz he knew that I had money in my pocket and wanted to spend it on a Viper Fleece ..... he wanted my money !!! lol
Old 13 May 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2201102)   #686
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news on the vitaphone front. We shall rename it sh*te-aphone!

I doubt Vitaphone will even have slight involvement, they're Bartels' sponsor.

Female drivers of recent note in sportscars...sarah bovy? (Gillet)
Vanina Ickx? But i guess she's rollcentre-ing.
other than that, i'm pretty blank.
Old 13 May 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2201126)   #687
The Badger
Veteran

Claudia Huertgen ..... not sure what she is doing now .

There was an Italian bird doing the rounds a few years ago with Amanda Stretton , Giovani Amati I think her name was .

Paula Cook springs to mind .

Danica Patrick .
Old 13 May 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2201134)   #688
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Balba Camino shared the "all female" Lola with Amanda Stretton at Silverstone 2005, so could she be a possibility?
Old 13 May 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2201256)   #689
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Claudia Huertgen ..... not sure what she is doing now .

There was an Italian bird doing the rounds a few years ago with Amanda Stretton , Giovani Amati I think her name was .

Paula Cook springs to mind .

Danica Patrick .
Giovanna Amati? of early 90's Brabham F1 fame? She's certainly got a bit of sportscar background, in the early years of the ISRS/SRWC/FIASCC around 1999/2000.

Anyone heard anything of Liz Halliday lately?

Huertgen is still racing saloons in Germany- think she's been doing a bit of historic sportscar stuff more recently as well
Old 13 May 2008, 23:15 (Ref:2201647)   #690
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Huertgen is still racing saloons in Germany- think she's been doing a bit of historic sportscar stuff more recently as well
She is driving a BMW Z4 in VLN with good results, she finished second the last weekend.
Old 13 May 2008, 23:37 (Ref:2201655)   #691
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh yeah, halliday.

i'd like to see a non works sporstcar team with the budget to sign danica.
not that i'd want them to. over-rated imo.
Old 14 May 2008, 08:50 (Ref:2201899)   #692
The Badger
Veteran

End-info are reporting that Rees will drive for Barazi Epsilon for LM .

Barazi-Vergers-Rees ..... nice line up .

Any word on the 3rd Lambo driver ?

Last edited by The Badger; 14 May 2008 at 08:57.
Old 14 May 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2201945)   #693
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Confirmation on DSC that Embassy Racing will indeed field an all British driver line-up, Warren Hughes, Jonny Kane and Joey Foster.
Old 14 May 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2201960)   #694
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Confirmation on DSC that Embassy Racing will indeed field an all British driver line-up, Warren Hughes, Jonny Kane and Joey Foster.
yes, that was already on post #658....
Old 14 May 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2201966)   #695
The Badger
Veteran

Ah , never mind mate , they all know your slow in the head !!!

Cracking driver line up too ..... really hope they could get a podium at the big one , but its so new , that might have to wait until next year .
Old 14 May 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2201977)   #696
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Ah , never mind mate , they all know your slow in the head !!!

Cracking driver line up too ..... really hope they could get a podium at the big one , but its so new , that might have to wait until next year .
mmm, you never know in LMP2. It's been a race of attrition for quite some years, only 2 were on the podium last year and until Karim put the Zytek on the wall 2 of the 3 were Zyteks which at that point had had a very poor LMS season... Binnie won with the Zytek engine as well which is the one equipping Embassy....all is possible!
Old 14 May 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2201990)   #697
The Badger
Veteran

Not forgetting the 2 RS Spyder's that will be there . I reckon one of them will win their class . I understand that Porsche have some Le Mans mods up their sleeves ?

True about LMP2 attrition ..... but the field "should" be more reliable than previous years , you would like to think .
Old 14 May 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2201996)   #698
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm hoping for a decent LMP2 race this year, rather than the usual "last man standing" affair of recent years. It would make any result for Embassy all the more worthy.
Old 15 May 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2202961)   #699
gino
Racer

Germany
Berlin-Brandenburg
gino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Vitaphone drivers in Le Mans this year are:
Peter Hardman, Nick Leventis (Strakka Team) and Alexandros Margaritis.

Old 15 May 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2202963)   #700
The Badger
Veteran

Make you sick , wouldnt it !!!