Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2009, 09:45 (Ref:2478230)   #676
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The Audi R15 has sparked a fierce debate about its homologation in the Peug camp.

Peugeot is now threatening to not enter the race, considering that Audi did take the ACO rules too far (source : Ouest France here http://www.ouest-france.fr/dossiers/...esduMans09.php).

I hope not.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2478239)   #677
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fab, I simply cannot believe Peugeot would even consider pulling out now. Yes, they'll make plenty of noise - but pull out of the 'blue riband' a day before the first untime session - no way.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2478241)   #678
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Zut alors et merde!

They have left this all a bit late haven't they. I can't see them not participating or the ACO disqualifying Audi so I'm really not sure what they are up to. Any ideas anyone?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2478247)   #679
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
The Audi R15 has sparked a fierce debate about its homologation in the Peug camp.

Peugeot is now threatening to not enter the race, considering that Audi did take the ACO rules too far (source : Ouest France here http://www.ouest-france.fr/dossiers/...esduMans09.php).

I hope not.
My french is not that good so can someone give a quick translation of the article.

Many thanks
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2478258)   #680
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
My french is not that good so can someone give a quick translation of the article.
Long story short - Peugeot says "we were OK at Sebring after an agreement with ACO, but looking at the Audis closer at LM, we're not anymore"...
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2478259)   #681
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
And AM is complaining too on Ouest France (http://www.ouest-france.fr/dossiers/...62461_actu.Htm)... the Diesel/Gasoline stuff...
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2478260)   #682
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I am all packed and ready to roll. Just about to head out for a bit lunch with my other half before hitting the road. Enjoy the race everyone and hopefully I will see some of you there !!!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2478264)   #683
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Well I am all packed and ready to roll. Just about to head out for a bit lunch with my other half before hitting the road. Enjoy the race everyone and hopefully I will see some of you there !!!
See you there Rob !
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2478267)   #684
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fab, I simply cannot believe Peugeot would even consider pulling out now. Yes, they'll make plenty of noise - but pull out of the 'blue riband' a day before the first untime session - no way.
More generaly, it makes me think that ACO messed up again... I don't want to imagine the talks after the race if the gasoline cars are down the drain after - how many, 7, 8 ? - the diesel ones... and if the conflict spreads up between Audi and Peug, that's Le Mans discretited again... what a disgrace
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2478273)   #685
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post

Safe journey Rob - see you in the pitlane on Friday, I suspect......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
More generaly, it makes me think that ACO messed up again... I don't want to imagine the talks after the race if the gasoline cars are down the drain after - how many, 7, 8 ? - the diesel ones... and if the conflict spreads up between Audi and Peug, that's Le Mans discretited again... what a disgrace

I've been thinking quite a lot about performance after last year's race, bearing in mind how much was said about equalising performance between diesels and petrol cars. Looking at the pole predictions just in the competiton here - and the overall laps by the winner - most people seem to be predicting a record - it's clear to me that the sportscar afficionados here think the diesels are not only going to be as quick - but even quicker!!!!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2478280)   #686
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I see my pole time has now been knocked of the top, i thought long and hard about the abilities of both the deisels and petrol engined cars and although I do think that the difference during the race will be less this year, the laps on Thursday are all about getting your picture on the papers for the top teams, and therefore those teams spending the most will want something to show for it and will go all out to be the first on the grid giving at least some return on thier investments. Thats why I thing the Pug will be very fast on Thursday as long as it is dry.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2478364)   #687
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pug will always have to go quick as their on home soil racing at the big "French" race.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2478380)   #688
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, someone help me with some info here.

Visitors to my website will know that for a number of years from the late 90's to a couple of years ago, my favourite vantage point at Le Mans was on top of what I used to call the 'Welcome Building', i.e. the building on the inside on the right hand side of the track just beyond pit exit. I used to spend hours up there, during the night particularly. It was a fantastic spot for the amateur Le Mans photographer to escape briefly from the world of pillars and debris fencing....

I was devastated when the Welcome Building was pulled down, but was delighted to see a new building emerge in it's place last year. AllonFS and I quickly checked it out on Friday last year, but I never attempted to get in there again.

So.... (to cut a long story short), what's the deal on access to the new 'Welcome Building' (if indeed that's what it's called)?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2478392)   #689
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am sure it is part of the ACO memebers only area, access by the shop in the village, went up there on thursday night last year but like you did not visit during the race.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2478394)   #690
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It would be useful to know if any ACO members did get up there duiring the race and, if so, whether there was any other restriction on entry.....
Old 9 Jun 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2478403)   #691
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not sure, but I'm afraid it's "VIP only" or "Expensive dinner's bill" only, as this is a restaurant
Old 9 Jun 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2478410)   #692
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I had a feeling that might be the case - I guess the ACO need to recoup the expense of building it somehow.....
Old 9 Jun 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2478436)   #693
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well leaving work early today as I have a load of packing and a car to sort out before setting off very early tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday and/or Saturday.

To everyone who has not left yet have a safe trip and to all those not going down this year, start planning for 2010.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2478450)   #694
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well leaving work early today as I have a load of packing and a car to sort out before setting off very early tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday and/or Saturday.

To everyone who has not left yet have a safe trip and to all those not going down this year, start planning for 2010.
You too matey - and all.
Have a good one.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2478466)   #695
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Right. Car sorted,tickets sorted,carry all bus sorted.
Now only hoping we'll be able to convince the camping officials to let us set up our camp with all our thirteen campingpasses in one camp.

Nine o'clock tomorrow morning will be our departure with 6 cars(the carry all bus one hour earlier) some packing to do tonight,trying to sleep tonight() and then OF WE GO !!!

Hope to see many off you lads on sacred ground. If I miss you: Have a blimmin' good time and may the petrolforce by with you!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2478481)   #696
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Reading all these 'farewell' messages has really set off the butterflies for me! I've just packed all my camera gear (new bag this year for my birthday!) and I've started putting the rest of the stuff together ready for the full packing session tomorrow.

Have a safe journey everyone - see you in the pitlane Friday perhaps, or otherwise at the Ten Tenths meeting 11.30 on Saturday - let's make it the best yet!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2478489)   #697
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I guess the ACO need to recoup the expense of building it somehow.....
Not a biggie, but ACO's not the owner... they only rent the place to an association-ish company co-owned by Le Mans, La Sarthe and some other public actors...

Changes nothing on the pricey stuff though, I'm afraid...
Old 9 Jun 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2478490)   #698
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess not mon ami - but there is obviously still a lot of money been spent that needs to be recouped by someone! (BTW - have you entered the competition? )
Old 9 Jun 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2478492)   #699
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I guess not mon ami - but there is obviously still a lot of money been spent that needs to be recouped by someone!
Well, basicaly, not necessary, the companies involved not beeing proper private companies, but associations... they just invest to attract more people on the spot to improve the hotel/restaurants economy... but I understand there could be an argument on what is what, and it'd turned pretty boring for the audience I reckon

Quote:
(BTW - have you entered the competition? )
Er... no, I have to admit I absoloutely didn't follow the sportish side of the event at all I'll be there only for the mood !
Old 9 Jun 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2478494)   #700
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
A kind of relief after the "Pug" affair : on Endurance-Info (http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-1478.html) (Mods, I can't remember the rules right now : am I allowed to post a link to another forum website ? Feel free to delete, and appologizes if this is not "by the book"), it is said by Peugeot that "withdrawing is not in our plans".

Tags
2009 le mans