Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Dec 2020, 18:36 (Ref:4022680)   #676
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
James always struck me as a down to earth thoroughly decent chap. I don't recall any "bad" behaviour in or out of a car, so he's a safe and sensible pair of hands in my books. Not to mention a decent driver - he got a win in the undriveable Subaru after all!
Agreed.
You don't have to be the best driver to be a good DSA. James has a strong enough track record to show that he has the experience of being at each end of the grid.

Jordan has been mentioned but other than being a quick driver, I see little evidence of what would make him a good DSA. It was only a few months ago he was criticising the way Gow was running the series during the pandemic...
Old 13 Dec 2020, 21:33 (Ref:4022725)   #677
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah. AJ is talented, but nowhere near the Matt Neal's or Andy Rouse's of this world, and is a whiney spoilt gobshite to boot IMO. He could never fill a professional impartial role.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:03 (Ref:4022812)   #678
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Goff at Team HARD for next 2 years 👌

https://www.team-hard.com/goff-remai...two-year-deal/
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:03 (Ref:4022813)   #679
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2 year deal?! I know it's all down to budget but really feels like Jack is throwing away his BTCC career. Really hope HARD sort themselves out with this Cupra.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:21 (Ref:4022819)   #680
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Really hope HARD sort themselves out with this Cupra.
It's possible. The last new model that HARD. brought to the grid went on to take a Teams', Ind Teams' and Ind Drivers' title.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:26 (Ref:4022820)   #681
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's possible. The last new model that HARD. brought to the grid went on to take a Teams', Ind Teams' and Ind Drivers' title.
But not with HARD. Fingers crossed though, they were a laughingstock this year.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:28 (Ref:4022821)   #682
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd say thats the plan, the CC was never going to get near the front again which is why the new cars are coming a year early.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4022827)   #683
An0nym0u5
Rookie

An0nym0u5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unlikely. The Merc's, Honda's and Audi's are just as old as the CC's and none of them had any of the 'reliabiltiy' issues of Hard this season (or previous). The new car might have some better pace but it'll still be bolted together by the same people
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:03 (Ref:4022830)   #684
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u5 View Post
Unlikely. The Merc's, Honda's and Audi's are just as old as the CC's and none of them had any of the 'reliabiltiy' issues of Hard this season (or previous). The new car might have some better pace but it'll still be bolted together by the same people
Jake Hill might disagree with how reliable the Honda was.

Or even the FK8's reliability in certain rounds can be seen as an issue.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:32 (Ref:4022835)   #685
An0nym0u5
Rookie

An0nym0u5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jake Hill might disagree with how reliable the Honda was.

Or even the FK8's reliability in certain rounds can be seen as an issue.
Hill was plagued by engine issues at the begining of the season, which is mostly beyond the teams control.

I'm not disputing that the newer cars don't have reliability issues. All I'm saying is, don't expect them to be at the sharp end of the grid because they have shiny new chassis'
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:34 (Ref:4022836)   #686
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
2 year deal?! I know it's all down to budget but really feels like Jack is throwing away his BTCC career. Really hope HARD sort themselves out with this Cupra.
But budget is the be all and end all. He can't throw away what wouldn't exist with other teams.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:43 (Ref:4022838)   #687
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is partly disappointing to see Goff wasting his talent in Team HARD but on the other hand, if it hadn't been for HARD, his BTCC career may have been over. Now he's got two years secured and with a new car maybe there's a chance to move up the order a little bit. HARD won't be a perennial frontrunners but I think there's a chance new cars will breathe new life into them.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:58 (Ref:4022845)   #688
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Goff is back, but just hope the Cupra is better than the Passatt has been
Old 14 Dec 2020, 10:00 (Ref:4022847)   #689
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The HARD seats are well known to be lower priced and I don't think the likes of Goff are under any illusions how this is achieved. If Goff (or any of the HARD drivers) had the additional budget for the other seats, they could get Tony to prep the cars in the same manner.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 17:26 (Ref:4022931)   #690
Evantra
Veteran

England
https://twitter.com/speedworksms/sta...587773443?s=21

So 2 Corollas in shot - what about the car on the ramp at the back? Looks like a BTCC-ish front wing? Definitely not grasping at straws here
Old 14 Dec 2020, 17:57 (Ref:4022934)   #691
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The HARD seats are well known to be lower priced and I don't think the likes of Goff are under any illusions how this is achieved. If Goff (or any of the HARD drivers) had the additional budget for the other seats, they could get Tony to prep the cars in the same manner.
You pays your money, you takes your choice and Tony has his pick of drivers. He could easily sign up half a dozen drivers if he had the licences. Yeah, he'd then need more kit and people, but I reckon he'd sort it. Hope it works out well
Old 14 Dec 2020, 18:01 (Ref:4022937)   #692
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
https://twitter.com/speedworksms/sta...587773443?s=21

So 2 Corollas in shot - what about the car on the ramp at the back? Looks like a BTCC-ish front wing? Definitely not grasping at straws here
I do not see 2 Corollas. I see Tingrams car, I see AN Other vehicle that doesn't look Corollay to my eye and a GT up on t'ramp.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 18:31 (Ref:4022942)   #693
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They do have 2 corollas though, the Hybrid test car as well as Tingrams
Old 14 Dec 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4022950)   #694
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I do not see 2 Corollas. I see Tingrams car, I see AN Other vehicle that doesn't look Corollay to my eye and a GT up on t'ramp.
I think the middle car is Tom's, at least it looks like the livery. I think I'm being too keen! Disregard!
Old 14 Dec 2020, 19:09 (Ref:4022954)   #695
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other car is most probably the Supra GT4 they run in BGT.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4022970)   #696
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car on the ramp is a Caterham
Old 15 Dec 2020, 20:47 (Ref:4023143)   #697
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Announcement being teased by Carl Boardley on his Instagram account for BTCC 2021. What do we think? He owns that BMW 1 series doesn’t he? Running that again but not with Team Hard is my guess...
Old 16 Dec 2020, 09:05 (Ref:4023202)   #698
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has there been anyone testing since the 2020 season conclusion? My gut feeling is the very very limited running throughout this whole silly season.
Old 16 Dec 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4023205)   #699
Pickles
Veteran

Not aware of any testing as yet, but then there seems to be an awful lot of changes on the horizon
Old 16 Dec 2020, 10:21 (Ref:4023207)   #700
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't think the teams are thinking about testing atm, they are probably just happy to have a break and are concentrating no doubt on getting a budget for 2021