Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3467188)   #701
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
We can only hope!

Then maybe some sensible people will be handed the reigns.
No idea what there is to hope for except your last sentence.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3467191)   #702
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
No idea what there is to hope for except your last sentence.
Chunterer wants to press the reset button on F1.

I sympathise with that view. I think alot of people do.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3467211)   #703
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moscow Track Certified for Formula 1
http://en.ria.ru/russia/20141020/194...s-Service.html
Old 21 Oct 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3467214)   #704
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Bernie - all talk, all money, no action, no open mind

Formula 1 will implode with this sort of money, and seems to be trying to erase its own history for the sake of making TV revenue increase...
It feels like F1 is already imploding. The raison d'etre seems to be to intice more countries to join the exclusive F1 set, regardless of any motorsports heritage, or nurturing any grass roots motorsport in those countries, to the detrement of established GPs just for the sake of prising another sanctioning fee. Also, I feel the season's too long.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3467222)   #705
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Chunterer wants to press the reset button on F1.

I sympathise with that view. I think alot of people do.
So do I. But I doubt sensible people "would be handed the reigns", I think they'd be snatched by some sort of Bernie II with dollar signs where his pupils should be.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3467320)   #706
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Moscow Track Certified for Formula 1
http://en.ria.ru/russia/20141020/194...s-Service.html
Possible test venue to keep the natives gander up when the race isn't on in Sochi?
Old 22 Oct 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3467377)   #707
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Realistically, once the August is over, the vacation season has already ended, and people who were vising Sochi are out. Sochi becomes a ghost town. The only people who visit the F1 race in Sochi are either locals or those who got out of their own way to visit the race. Visiting Sochi after August is over is like visiting Salt Lake city during the summer. The Moscow Track perhaps has a better chance of becoming commercially successful in the long term considering that it is very close to one of the world's most populous cities and Moscow population is fairly well to do, relative to rest of Russia.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3467700)   #708
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It appears that any future GP in Vegas is very much a figment of Bernie's imigination that he fed to some journalists who take his word as gospel.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...in-the-desert/
Old 23 Oct 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3467704)   #709
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the company that now owns Forbes is called 'Integrated Whale Media Investments'?...thats a pretty awesome name.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 23:12 (Ref:3467760)   #710
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
the company that now owns Forbes is called 'Integrated Whale Media Investments'?...thats a pretty awesome name.
That's a lot of blubber.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3481563)   #711
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Korea is back on the 2015 GP calender on the 3rd of May 2015. It has yet to be confirmed however.

As this is the same date as the Spa WEC round is this a Bernie move to prevent Hulkenberg racing for Porsche? Never!

Joe Saward says that the Korean GP is unlikeky to happen as there is anagreement with the teams of a maximum 20 GP's and it is possibly an incentive to get the Korean government to give the GP its backing.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...pite-calendar/

Last edited by wolfhound; 3 Dec 2014 at 19:22. Reason: additional info
Old 3 Dec 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3481596)   #712
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as it is 20 will be too many races for me so i really hope 21 doesnt happen.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3481610)   #713
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
21, Bernie finally gets his magic number of GPs, on paper at least.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3482351)   #714
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
By the sounds of the remarks by one of those involved in the organisation of the Korean GP there will be no Korean GP in 2015.

How long was that on the calender?

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/212484/...f1-return.html
Old 5 Dec 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3482362)   #715
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
There's been reserve races in the past if a race on the official calender ran into trouble. Maybe Eccelstone is trying to put pressure on an existing venue and using a mooted Korean replacement as a negotiation tool?
Old 6 Dec 2014, 03:49 (Ref:3482409)   #716
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
There's been reserve races in the past if a race on the official calender ran into trouble. Maybe Eccelstone is trying to put pressure on an existing venue and using a mooted Korean replacement as a negotiation tool?
According to the BBC some of the more influential teams wanted to keep five power units for the 2015 season instead of reducing to four as originally agreed and written into the rules but some of the teams wouldn't agree. The inclusion of a Korean Grand Prix that would never be held was a cynical ploy by Bernie to get his mates what they wanted as the rule says that if there are more than twenty races scheduled for the season then five PUs will be allowed. The 21 races only have to be planned for this rule to kick in, they don't have to actually happen.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3482551)   #717
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Korea is back on the 2015 GP calender on the 3rd of May 2015. It has yet to be confirmed however.

As this is the same date as the Spa WEC round is this a Bernie move to prevent Hulkenberg racing for Porsche? Never!
Bernie knows how to play hardball.

Quote:
Joe Saward says that the Korean GP is unlikeky to happen as there is anagreement with the teams of a maximum 20 GP's and it is possibly an incentive to get the Korean government to give the GP its backing.
I hope so.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3482577)   #718
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But the Korean GP organizers got surprised by the inclusion and they think they're not capable to organize the round again, due to the financial loss when the GP was done. All people I know is talking this is a move to allow teams to use five engines instead four next year.

Wonder why they didn't allow an Argentinean GP at Termas de Rio Hondo instead, if they were looking for a hollow place.
Old 7 Dec 2014, 03:04 (Ref:3482678)   #719
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, there is always the continued rumours of a London Grand Prix. It would be novel - I admit, but I some how can't see it happening.

Maybe there will be another street circuit race in another city?
Old 7 Dec 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3482844)   #720
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Bernie could always negociate with the owners of Paul Ricard for a French GP. He good do a $20 zillion deal with the track but the owners would come back and say they cannot afford it. In the mean team France would have a GP while Bernie negociates with himself.

Last edited by wolfhound; 7 Dec 2014 at 10:28.
Old 7 Dec 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3482845)   #721
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Bernie could always negociate with the owners of Paul Ricard for a French GP. He good do a $20 zillion deal with the track but the owners would come back and say they cannot afford it. In the mean team France would have a GP while Bernie negocites with himself.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3484340)   #722
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Bernie says that a GP in Korea is unlikely to happen next year eventhough there is a contract. Mind you he didn't say what was in the contract.
I never thought Korea would happen next year anyway.
I note that there are no tickets available for a GP that is due to take place in a few months time.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns29625.html

http://tickets.formula1.com/en/3186-korea-fom/
Old 12 Dec 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3484398)   #723
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No tickets for bahrain either.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3484399)   #724
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
No tickets for bahrain either.
Any sources?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3484402)   #725
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://tickets.formula1.com/en/3176-bahrain-fom/

Straight off their website. I don't know whether other companies might have started selling but I doubt it.

Last edited by Tucky; 12 Dec 2014 at 14:13.