Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Feb 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2623557)   #701
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Please read the above replies including attachs! It´s an educational purpose car. Can we put this silly rumor to rest now please?

On a more confirmed note: AMR to race at Paul Ricard before LM with a not yet announced/defined programme of selected events afterwards (Intercontinental Cup?).

Since Sebring + especially Long Beach are also on the programme I assume they will use more than one chassis because Long Beach and Paul Ricard are back-to-back weekends (LB before PR). So Signature as only AM representative @ Spa...
Old 1 Feb 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2623649)   #702
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
drivers are :- Chris Buncombe, Stefan Mücke, Harold Primat, Darren Turner & Adrian Fernández + 1 more (Charouz is doing F1 with Renault)

Where does Charouz get that kinda wedge , what line of business is he in ?

Sebring, Long Beach & HTTT confirmed
"selected blue riband races around the world post Le Mans"

Report taken from E-I .
Old 1 Feb 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2623689)   #703
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Since Sebring + especially Long Beach are also on the programme I assume they will use more than one chassis because Long Beach and Paul Ricard are back-to-back weekends (LB before PR). So Signature as only AM representative @ Spa...
That is what I was thinking too. One car will be stateside and another based in Europe. Presumably the stateside car will also do Petit, but I don't know if they will be using that chassis at LeMans or if they have 2 others they can use.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2623728)   #704
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
drivers are :- Chris Buncombe, Stefan Mücke, Harold Primat, Darren Turner & Adrian Fernández + 1 more (Charouz is doing F1 with Renault)

Where does Charouz get that kinda wedge , what line of business is he in ?

Don't know what other business interests he has, but Charouz Snr is into sports marketing (driver management, race promotion and running race and rally teams, TV etc- also ice hockey as well as motor racing). On the driver management side, apart from his sons, he apparently represents Tomas Enge, Stefan Mucke, Jarek Janis, Walter Grubmuller (in British F3 the last couple of seasons) etc, plus several rally drivers

http://www.bpa.cz/EN
http://racing.charouz.cz/EN/history_en.html

Thinking back about 20 years, I first remember the name from the old European Touring Car Championship races in the 80s- Antonin Charouz was a regular in the 1600cc class with Toyota Corollas, and always seemed to be pretty well-sponsored back then- Marlboro were a regular sponsor at one time
http://racing.charouz.cz/files/stat_...rie_bpa_1.jpeg

Last edited by KA; 1 Feb 2010 at 15:08.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2623801)   #705
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It looks like the rumours of Fisichella in an AF Corse 430 are correct:

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3455.html
Old 1 Feb 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2623847)   #706
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wish they would team him up with Alesi .

My theory : Something big is coming from Ferrari . As they wont be needing to many personal with respect to the F1 opps , they will hardly fire them . They possibily realised just how much wedge can be made from customer cars , like Porsche have been doing for years .

Now all these big names suddenly apearing , Alesi , Fisichella , possibily getting sportscar experiance for them . Isnt Gene also a ferrari driver ? Is he with Pug this year , or not ?

If Ferrari built a proto , it would sell like hot cakes .

Thats my theory , its on the way .
Old 1 Feb 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2623879)   #707
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Don't know what other business interests he has, but Charouz Snr is into sports marketing (driver management, race promotion and running race and rally teams, TV etc- also ice hockey as well as motor racing). On the driver management side, apart from his sons, he apparently represents Tomas Enge, Stefan Mucke, Jarek Janis, Walter Grubmuller (in British F3 the last couple of seasons) etc, plus several rally drivers

http://www.bpa.cz/EN
http://racing.charouz.cz/EN/history_en.html

Thinking back about 20 years, I first remember the name from the old European Touring Car Championship races in the 80s- Antonin Charouz was a regular in the 1600cc class with Toyota Corollas, and always seemed to be pretty well-sponsored back then- Marlboro were a regular sponsor at one time
http://racing.charouz.cz/files/stat_...rie_bpa_1.jpeg
IIRC he has a lot of car dealerships.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2623910)   #708
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems to do quite a lot!

A. Charouz, spol. s r.o.

A. Charouz, spol. s r.o.

Těšnov 1/1059
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic
Phone : ‎+420 272 706 540
Fax : ‎+420 272 703 158
  • Products & services
    Nature of business [Czech | English]‎
Activities/Předmět činnosti (anglicky):
Official seller of FORD cars in the Czech Republic safeguarding sale and repair of automobiles FORD, their lease and lending including sports ones, production and sale of spare parts and accessories, arrangement, production and sale of sports adjustments of FORD cars and components for automobile sport.
Technical and consultation activity as well as business activity for the Firm FORD, furnishing above mentioned services to natural and legal persons make activities on the territory of the Czech Republic. Establishment,management and operation of branch houses, execution of activities conected with above mentioned interests
Reconstruction of utility vehicles, ambulances and special armoured cars. Insurance of motor vehicles and all services connected with providing insurance.
Provider of software, money exchanges, also in the field of safety and health protection, and fire protection. Trading activities in the field of inspections of technological and lifting devices. Plumber and locksmith workshops, operation of car wash line, advertising, sale of poisonous materials, caustic agents, and pesticides. Road haulage, operation of guarded parking lots, hostelry, services of customs declaration, mediation and providing in the field of insurance, preparation of web pages in electronic form, installation of car accessories.

Trade names

Ford Charouz

Export

Germany, Hungary, Austria, Belgium, United Kingdom

Import

Germany, Hungary, Austria, Belgium, United Kingdom

Kompass product & service categories

P = Manufacturer
D = Distributor
S = Service provider
E = Export
I = Import
= website link
= showcase

Products & services

Description of the Kompass classification codes Motor vehicle maintenance and repair services
Coachbuilders
Chain stores and supermarkets
I Rubber and plastic products for industrial use (trade)
I Ironmongery and hardware (trade)
I Electrical and electronic products for industrial use. Batteries (trade)
I Motor vehicles (distributors)
I Motor vehicle body components and spare parts (trade)
I Motor vehicle transmission, steering, brake and suspension parts and spare parts (trade)
I Motor vehicle engine, fuel system, exhaust and cooling system, heating and air conditioning system parts and spare parts (trade)
I Motor vehicle electrical equipment and batteries (trade)
I Motor vehicle accessories (trade)
I Tyres and inner tubes (trade)
I Motor vehicle maintenance products (trade)
Motor vehicle hire and rental services
I Financial services: Leasing and leaseback

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 08:35 (Ref:2624230)   #709
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

My theory : Something big is coming from Ferrari . As they wont be needing to many personal with respect to the F1 opps , they will hardly fire them . They possibily realised just how much wedge can be made from customer cars , like Porsche have been doing for years .

Now all these big names suddenly apearing , Alesi , Fisichella , possibily getting sportscar experiance for them . Isnt Gene also a ferrari driver ? Is he with Pug this year , or not ?

I would tend to agree with you.

Ben
Old 2 Feb 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2624252)   #710
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
IIRC he has a lot of car dealerships.
Yes, I'd forgotten the car dealerships- they appeared as a sponsor when Charouz senior raced touring cars in the 90's
http://www.auto-muzeum.cz/en/ford-mondeo
Old 2 Feb 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2624256)   #711
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Ahh,why you care! Thats sweet, so youv'e come to the Dark Side Welcome

Oh and you are wright Gene is higly conected with ferrari here he is in november 2009 testing the new 599xx

Last edited by arakis; 2 Feb 2010 at 09:39.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2624272)   #712
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
My theory : Something big is coming from Ferrari.
I think a lot of people share your theory. There's been a steady trickle of possible clues, since June last year, to the point that it would be more of a surprise if Ferrari didn't announce a P1 programme than if they did. Fisichella's arrival at AF Corse is yet another, the momentum certainly appears to be building.............
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2624407)   #713
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure about that, if they had something for 2011 wouldn't news have leaked out, especially if it was a customer program.

That being said the Ferrari A1GP chassis/engine program is no more, so that leaves even more capacity.

Someone should casually ask the Ferrari factory drivers if they are involved in the new prototype program, see if they let something slip........!
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2624408)   #714
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi R15+ at 8H of Castellet.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...n-GBGB360GB360

Tom.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2624452)   #715
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see that Jonny Kane will be the 3rd driver at Strakka this year.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2624454)   #716
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Full season entrylist
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2624457)   #717
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saleen in GT1 ? :-S
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2624458)   #718
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Honda power for RML this season?
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2624461)   #719
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No Team WFR, just one Schnitzer BMW and only 2 GT1's.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2624465)   #720
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No FLM class entries listed?
Old 2 Feb 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2624469)   #721
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How has AF Corse got 3 entries under the same team name?

Tom.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2625060)   #722
The Badger
Veteran

And Johnny Kane gets a drive in the Straka Acura ..... brilliant news !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3461.html
Old 2 Feb 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2625067)   #723
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
About hte AF using 3 cars, this is a qoute of of Lemans-series.com link regulation evolution

"Each team has the opportunity to enter several cars for the classification"

-this is conserning gt2 team points alocaton, it seems there is no limit on how many cars you enter in a team, so its preaty much garantired AF will win the championship, and cosidering how many ferraris there are the manuf is a done deal also...

why the sad face, this is the very best of news...........for me
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2625069)   #724
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably not completely sussed out yet.

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2625076)   #725
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Nice to see those Sedans on steroids (BMW) to come along and play at LMS, I am sad that PM couldnt make those Corvettes cheaper so we have them in the Le Mans series as well.... Kinda funny a Corvette being almost twice the cost of Ferrari