Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Jun 2012, 06:07 (Ref:3088817)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Congratulations Nick on your solo drive to victory, but it was good to see first three cars so close at end of 3hrs! I think the MGB class could have been even more competitive if the #10 car hadn't broken a halfshaft early on and #96 retired with broken gearbox. The Porsche 356 seemed to be going very well when I was watching and I see finished one position ahead of the 911, but for me favourite car was the Sabre 6 which looked and sounded beautiful.

My personal thanks to all the Marshals, recovery crews and medics but in particular those that attended the scene of my faux pas. Apologies for wiping out the 'Nelson' sign, guys! And I will try and remember to take car out of gear 'next time' during all my confusion getting out.....

Finally, amusing moment as one of the medics casually mentions that he used to slot-race with me 40 years ago........
Old 11 Jun 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3089101)   #52
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Nick and congratulations on keeping the cup!

It was a disappointment but we took some positives away from the weekend. The engine was dyno'd at 162 bhp last year when it was refreshed and I was always aware it lacked grunt but after only two laps on a dry circuit James Littlejohn put in a 2-16 lap on an engine using 3.5 cylinders! So the car is definitely well set up just need to build a more powerful engine.

Rockingham was a great success with Alex getting his first podium (2nd) in the last race and top ranked rookie and 3rd place points and top rookie in the first race - which I just managed to see on Saturday

Congratulations to the 23b they were quick in qualifying and after their troubles last year I hope that bodes well for us in 2013!! Sorry to hear the other Merlyn had troubles as well and that so few cars entered the Turnstyle Award.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3089117)   #53
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to all the competitors and teams involved in the Autosport 3hr meeting, once again you all put on a brilliant demonstration of what this meeting is all about, competitive racing with the right spirit of camaraderie and enthusiasm throughout the paddock.

Nick, please do not change the colour of your Chevron - it's makes picking up the leader so much easier for us in Race Control! Great drive throughout -well done.

Mike, Sorry to see you have your slight detour at Nelson, we were concerned when we saw you go over the wheel upon your exit - amazing what we can pick up on the cameras - glad you were ok and hopefully not too much damage.

Thanks to all the marshals for all their brilliant work throughout the weekend, and their patience with the extremely short break on Saturday, following the large oil spill earlier in the day, that allowed us to start the 3hr on time.

To all the Rescue / Medical / Recovery teams and especially our Safety Car team of Terry, Andrew, Sue and Nigel for their superb efforts - we couldn't do it without you all - Thanks from everyone involved in Race Control.

Even managed against all odds to have the now traditional Autosport 3hr sunshine to make the event complete!

Same place - same time next year? Hope to see you all then.

Terry
Old 11 Jun 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3089142)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post

Mike, Sorry to see you have your slight detour at Nelson, we were concerned when we saw you go over the wheel upon your exit - amazing what we can pick up on the cameras - glad you were ok and hopefully not too much damage.

Same place - same time next year? Hope to see you all then.

Terry
Thanks Terry for a great meeting again. Will definitely be back- maybe also in 3hr once more!

I should have come up to RC to say hi- apologies for not doing so. Felt a right pillock walking backwards into and falling over my own wheel- thanks for your concern sending the medics over to give me a prod just in case! I will stick to the normal line through Brundle in future- that one didn't work......

Damage limited to ancilliary bits in front of main chassis frame. Bloody strong little car!

Old 11 Jun 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3089216)   #55
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robyn Slater reports he's bruised & battered but otherwise ok, even the car is repairable he thinks.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3089223)   #56
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
That's (relatively) good news COlin, none of the old Fords are getting any easier to find or cheaper to restore, any much more and we may as well get Jags instead!

I've got a full English Ginetta fry up to repair with Justin next week . . . not sure what he did or what happened but what I thought was always a daft alternator caused it and will soon be ceremonially smashed! misfire in R1, and a small BBQ just before Race 2.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3089266)   #57
JBarrettCommentator
Rookie

JBarrettCommentator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a video I made of the first Formula Junior race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4icR...hannel&list=UL
More to come over the week!
Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3089473)   #58
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I promise to put some pics up, honestly, but seem to have been really busy last few days, that I didn't even get back to Snet. on Sunday.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3089666)   #59
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My Sunday was a bit of a diasaster. Changing some of the front suspension to iron out a bit of understeer seems to have caused the steering to lock up on full right, it spun me out twice at Montreal hairpin during quilifying. So started 1st race about 2/3rds down the field.

Had a play with the steering in time for the first race only for the same thing to happen on the first lap so I brought her in to save me having to peel her off the armco.

Reversed the mods I'd done so I knew the steering wouldn't lock but now had understeer back & started 2nd race at the back of the grid. Good race climbing about ten places until I was punted off at Agostini by a Ford Falcon who didn't realise that Alfa's maybe stop quicker than big lumps of American tin.

End of day with no points & massive dent in rear wing.

Mind you I consider my self lucky compared to Robyn & Brian Webb in there Anglia's. Hope to see you both back out soon.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3089675)   #60
JBarrettCommentator
Rookie

FF2000

Video of the first Formula Ford 2000 race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxTdLSkZ6aY&feature=youtu.be
Old 12 Jun 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3089711)   #61
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great footage and commentary from race 1 Historic FF2000,hope we get race 2 which was mega fun.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3089720)   #62
JBarrettCommentator
Rookie

unfortunely didn't film race 2. Sorry about that.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3089742)   #63
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks anyway,great work.Race 2 was epic with 4 abreast on the pit straight at one point,of course my in car camera chose not to work.Hope everyone enjoyed the race for second place!!!!!!!1
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3089793)   #64
JBarrettCommentator
Rookie

Yeah, I watched the race from Murray's so saw alot of action, Simon's few off's and then yourself and Simon both going to deep into Murray's on the final lap.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3089795)   #65
JBarrettCommentator
Rookie

FF1600

Formula Ford 1600 race one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elYm9aRwF_A&feature=youtu.be
Old 12 Jun 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3089845)   #66
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is what happened,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WmQlNdpNeU&feature=plcp

Apart from a couple of sore ribs i'm fine.

The car needs a little work though.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 03:47 (Ref:3089912)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ouch!
Old 13 Jun 2012, 04:24 (Ref:3089913)   #68
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
This is what happened,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WmQlNdpNeU&feature=plcp

Apart from a couple of sore ribs i'm fine.

The car needs a little work though.

Glad to hear your ok Robin.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 05:50 (Ref:3089921)   #69
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeepers, Robyn, were you "helped" over or did it just dig in? Glad you're OK, cars are just lumps of metal and can be fixed.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3090003)   #70
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice of Brian to help you get back upright.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3090162)   #71
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That,s sad.
How much bad luck can you get in one corner?
Old 13 Jun 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3090243)   #72
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After three hits in one go i'm looking forward to at least 5 years trouble free racing
Old 13 Jun 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3090259)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
After three hits in one go i'm looking forward to at least 5 years trouble free racing

BTW Robyn, the fact drivers door opened perfectly afterwards was very impressive. Definitely a strong car! Sure it will rebuild.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3090758)   #74
trackstarMerlyn
Rookie

United Kingdom
west sussex
trackstarMerlyn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos

Hi everyone, managed to get the camera out in between the rainfall! Here are a few photos from Classic F3, Classic Racing Cars & FF1600...

201206HSCCSnetterton

If you'd like any full size copies let me know your email
Old 14 Jun 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3090803)   #75
JBarrettCommentator
Rookie

Formula Junior

video from the second Formula Junior race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tGiw...&feature=g-upl