Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 2010, 04:40 (Ref:2784745)   #51
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Which just proves my point
It doesnt prove any point . I remember it as a Joest Racing Porsche win .
Old 4 Nov 2010, 06:28 (Ref:2784765)   #52
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
It doesnt prove any point . I remember it as a Joest Racing Porsche win .
Just because you didn't remember it as a clear Porsche (but still remembers the Porsche name), doesn't change the fact the Ayse do!, and therefor his comment proves my point, as someone remembers it as Porsche victory, and not a TWR Porsche victory (which i suggested people remember it by).

But in any case, if someone is asked which car won in '96 and '97, people would say either TWR Porsche or just Porsche, as Joest wasn't listed as the manufacture.

Therefor i believe Peugeot could go along with Oreca and/or Pescarolo having a 90X (diesel or perhaps petrol), as in the general viewers (the Tv fans) mind it's a Peugeot, and therefor they will still receive the all important PR.

Just to ad to my point, how many remembers '04 and '05 as Goh and Champion victories instead of Audi R8 victories!?
Old 6 Nov 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2785722)   #53
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I do ..... like I remember it was a Joest Porsche victory .
Old 6 Nov 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2785953)   #54
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
This is an interesting subject, although I'm going off-topic, so please feel free to move it to a new thread if necessary.

What do ten-tenthers think:

Did Jaguar or Ecurie Ecosse win in 56 and 57?
Did NART or Ferrari win in 65?
Did Ford or JWA win in 68 and 69
Did Porsche or Joest win in 84 and 85
and so on?

My personal feeling is that, with time, we tend to forget the team and think more of the car. Right now, I'm with the Badger, but in ten years time will it simply be Porsche and Audi respectively?

What do others think?
Old 6 Nov 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2785975)   #55
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think of them as car victories rather than the teams, but I suppose that's because in Autosport's annual Le Mans booklet for example, it lists the previous winners in the back but only with the drivers and cars, not the teams.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2786043)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
This is an interesting subject, although I'm going off-topic, so please feel free to move it to a new thread if necessary.

and so on?

My personal feeling is that, with time, we tend to forget the team and think more of the car. Right now, I'm with the Badger, but in ten years time will it simply be Porsche and Audi respectively?

What do others think?

Jaguar
Ferrari
Ford
Porsche

For me, the car is generally the winner, not the team that ran it.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2786260)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post

and so on?

What do others think?
I guess my explantion for the way I remember the win is as follows :

For example , when a Porsche won Le Mans in 1986 and 1987 , it was run by the factory , with a factory team , run from their workshops . When Porsche won on 84 and 85 , it was a Porsche entered by a privateer .

I remember the Audi Le Mans wins as Joest Audi wins , probably because the team running the cars is a private team , employed by the works to do the job for them .

Hope this explains my remembering .

And no , I dont believe about the above ten year comment . I still call the 84 & 85 wins , Joest Racing . Maybe its just me
Old 7 Nov 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2786305)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am always aware for a few years of the team, but like others with the passing of a few years the car rather than the team is remembered, and perhaps that is best as the fans of sportscar racing usually follow thw makes of cars and drivers rather than individual teams
Old 25 Nov 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2795545)   #59
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According www.sportmotores.es, ART Grand Prix endurance project rumoured at Autosport will be with McLaren. Vasseur´s team could run new McLaren MP4-12C in GT2 specs.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2798319)   #60
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Who will actually be in Lmp1 next year?.
3x Peugeots
3x Audis
1x Oreca/Peugeot (maybe one of the 3 Peugeot)
2-3x AMR's
2x Rebellions (Lola Toyotas)
1x Strakka HPD?
Any other?
Is Oreca not running a Pug in the LMS in 2011 ?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2798325)   #61
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is Oreca not running a Pug in the LMS in 2011 ?
huh?. Isn't that what i wrote?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2798357)   #62
The Badger
Veteran

I was under the impression that Oreca were going to run a Pug in the LMS 2011 .

I did hear a story that Pug were going to supply Oreca with a diesel for their own car . But i thought that car had been posponed ?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2798362)   #63
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I was under the impression that Oreca were going to run a Pug in the LMS 2011 .

I did hear a story that Pug were going to supply Oreca with a diesel for their own car . But i thought that car had been posponed ?
What i put in my original list was:
Oreca/Peugeot, which i meant as an Peugeot 90X run by Oreca .

There was an agreement of Peugeot supplying a petrol engine for the Oreca 02, but as the 02 was scrapped so where the Peugeot engine.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 05:48 (Ref:2809612)   #64
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have just notice this

- ‘’The 56th pit’’. As in the past the ACO reserves itself the right to accept a 56th car running outside the regulations and classifications in the Le Mans 24 Hours, as well as in all Le Mans-governed events provided that the vehicle in question is part of an innovative technological project that respects safety, reliability and performance criteria.(from http://www.lemans.org/en/news/2011-T...ions_2607.html)

so likely Porsche will enter their GT3 R Hybrid for LM24,but who is going to pilot it?they have to hire man with certain experience of that car and neednt pilot R18 or GTE 911s then,the only man i can remember is Martin Ragginger,so will they get another 2 factory support drivers for GT3 R and have guys like Bryan Sellers even DTM A4 drivers for GTE RSRs?
Old 3 Jan 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2810517)   #65
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Not that it necessarily means anything, but the ACO's official website and Facebook page are running a story about a potential entry in the 2011 race for a certain Patrick Dempsey... whoever he is. (wink wink nudge nudge)

Anyway, when is the primary 56-car entry list being announced? Last year it was Feb 4th or 5th, I remember clearly watching the press conference right before having to take a University exam.
Old 3 Jan 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2810550)   #66
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Not that it necessarily means anything, but the ACO's official website and Facebook page are running a story about a potential entry in the 2011 race for a certain Patrick Dempsey... whoever he is. (wink wink nudge nudge)
Maybe the ACO should just create a 57th pit for a celebrity entrant!

But in all seriousness I can't wait for the entry list.
Old 3 Jan 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2810552)   #67
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Maybe the ACO should just create a 57th pit for a celebrity entrant!
Preferably at the end of the pitlane (a 12th garage in the Row of Woe?)... just to give the paparazzi a shorter walk out of the paddock/collection area.

As for pit garages, I wonder where Pescarolo will be placed now that Peugeot have basically made the first three garages their own for the last two years.
Old 3 Jan 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2810568)   #68
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
As for pit garages, I wonder where Pescarolo will be placed now that Peugeot have basically made the first three garages their own for the last two years.
Right next to Peugeot, like "always".
Old 3 Jan 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2810575)   #69
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
So we should get the most French end of the pitlane... in history. Three Pugs and two to four cars running from the Technoparc inside the track itself (i.e. Pescarolo and Oreca) then.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2815336)   #70
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Rob Bell, speaking on RLM at Brabs' celebrity karting challenge just a few minutes ago, said that Robertson Racing are attempting to get an entry at Le Mans this year in the GT class for at least one of their Fords.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 04:51 (Ref:2815530)   #71
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Hope they get an invite and they run all pro lineup, havent heard anything from Matech so they could be the only Ford GT in GT.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2815580)   #72
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Also, in other driver news, Michael Waltrip is saying that he will be driving at Le Mans this year. Looking at his GT racing in the previous few months, most probably with AF Corse.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2815683)   #73
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He seems to be having fun with these endurance races. I wondered why he was doing them, but I guess it's just for the fun of it! Looking forward to seeing him in June.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 23:43 (Ref:2815902)   #74
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Also, in other driver news, Michael Waltrip is saying that he will be driving at Le Mans this year. Looking at his GT racing in the previous few months, most probably with AF Corse.
Here's one that says the same thing in English from Motorsport.com: http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=397738

DK
Old 15 Jan 2011, 18:58 (Ref:2816141)   #75
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
According to DSC, Larbre have confirmed that they intend to take up both automatic entries awarded for their LMS & Le Mans GT1 results last year.
Curiously, one will be the already announced Corvette, the other will be a Porsche- which is currently planned to be a Le Mans-only entry.

So are they buying/leasing an RSR just for one race, or have they actually farmed their second entry slot out for another Porsche team to run as a 'Larbre' entry...?
Closed Thread