Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 May 2004, 14:12 (Ref:963513)   #51
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well looks like all those who doubted the 575's pace could be start to be proven wrong, barron connor ferraris second and fourth and right up there with the fastest one of the fastest gts cars out there
Old 7 May 2004, 14:25 (Ref:963526)   #52
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I thought Taurus had pulled the diesel entry - glad to see it's there, even if it isn't very fast yet.
Old 7 May 2004, 14:50 (Ref:963546)   #53
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
To say one thing, Inforcourse mentionned yesterday that there's still no "french radio Le Mans" expected for the race in 2004...

ACo is very (very !) conservative : they don't really realized how internet is now the main way to communicate... I mean outside of La Sarthe !
Does this mean no www.radiolemans.com (in English spoken language) during the 24h LM?
Old 7 May 2004, 14:55 (Ref:963552)   #54
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
first session times courtesy of dsc:
Please don't cut and paste without the owners permission. In the long run it doesn't help this site or the publishers (in this case DSC).
Old 7 May 2004, 15:07 (Ref:963560)   #55
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Does this mean no www.radiolemans.com (in English spoken language) during the 24h LM?
No, I was talking about the french coverage...
Old 7 May 2004, 15:14 (Ref:963566)   #56
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
Please don't cut and paste without the owners permission. In the long run it doesn't help this site or the publishers (in this case DSC).
Checked and confirmed : the post has been edited.

BTW, here's a free source, from LMES site...

Last edited by Fab; 7 May 2004 at 15:15.
Old 7 May 2004, 15:19 (Ref:963571)   #57
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So that all of us do not run the risk of copyright infringements, etc.

PLease Note:

The LMES "Official Site" (available via the "links" folder on this site) has posted a "pdf file" for the teams and times of the first practice session held at Monza today....

That is the easy way for all of us to check on session results...

Of course, if you are a subscriber to dsc...that works, too!!!
(and I will be in about a week or so)...

But the info is now available on the LMES site for the first session today...

Hope that helps....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 May 2004, 15:24 (Ref:963574)   #58
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW...

If Monza is on the "same time" as the "clock" on the bottom of the pages on this Forum, the "Second Practice Session" is in progress right now...with about 10 minutes of track time remaining....

If not, they ended 50 minutes ago....

Sorry, ....I'm just a "Dumb Yankee" who doesn't know the European Time Zones well enough to tell you for sure

Although I DO set up international phone interviews for journalists here quite often...

But I cheat...I have a "World Time Server" program that can tell me what time it is in a given city anywhere on the planet....

and I can't open it when I'm on this Forum...

Old 7 May 2004, 15:31 (Ref:963581)   #59
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
No, I was talking about the french coverage...
That's a relief
Old 7 May 2004, 15:34 (Ref:963584)   #60
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
BTW...

If Monza is on the "same time" as the "clock" on the bottom of the pages on this Forum, the "Second Practice Session" is in progress right now...with about 10 minutes of track time remaining....

If not, they ended 50 minutes ago....
It ended 1 hour ago.
Old 7 May 2004, 15:38 (Ref:963588)   #61
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The site must be set on "GMT" ????

I thought Monza might ba an hour ahead....

Old 7 May 2004, 15:41 (Ref:963591)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is up with the Racers Group??? They tanked it at Le Mans test days and they are at the back of the GT order at Monza.
Old 7 May 2004, 15:48 (Ref:963595)   #63
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
The site must be set on "GMT" ????

I thought Monza might ba an hour ahead....
GMT + 1 or CET (Central European Time)
Old 7 May 2004, 17:03 (Ref:963643)   #64
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Times much slower in the second session. Must be rain?

http://www.lmes.net/results/LMES_100...ePractise2.pdf
Old 7 May 2004, 17:12 (Ref:963654)   #65
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
One other note. The Taurus diesel has only run 5 laps total for the two practice sessions. Will this car see the race? It needs laps badly.
Old 7 May 2004, 17:26 (Ref:963664)   #66
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just looking at the 2nd Session Times - The Kondo Dome 2nd Quickest......
Old 7 May 2004, 17:34 (Ref:963669)   #67
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was the first session damp/dirty track. Just going off the GTS times which were about 5 seconds of the FIA GT pace.
Old 7 May 2004, 17:49 (Ref:963676)   #68
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
See no reason why Jan Lammers would be afraid of the Zyteks. I think they are both fast. (but think the main reason RfH isn't in Monza is because of €€€ not because of politics).
Old 7 May 2004, 18:40 (Ref:963711)   #69
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The Pescarolo is still behind... I don't like that
Old 7 May 2004, 18:47 (Ref:963714)   #70
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
It seems obvious that great stides have been made by Mugen to refine their engine to the level that it has now reached...

They will definitely be a contender in LMES and at Le Mans this year...

Old 7 May 2004, 18:47 (Ref:963717)   #71
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having just spent the last half an hour or so typing the times up. I'm really suprised with the speed of all the Zytek's. Also that is a fantastic performance from Kondo. Another team which has suprised me is both with it here at Monza and at Le Mans is Nasamax, that car way quicker than last year. I would say everyone else is about where I thought they would be. Qualifying is going to be interesting.
Old 7 May 2004, 18:53 (Ref:963719)   #72
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The Pescarolo is still behind... I don't like that

There is still a lot of racing to do this weekend....

I hope we all keep in mind that the level of competition has increased exponentially with the advent of the new LMES Series when compared to the FIA-SCC over the past two years.....

From the number of competitors we see here as well as in the anticipated teams who will compete in future rounds of the LMES this season, I think we are in for a great year of sportscar racing in Europe...

A renaissance, if you will....

and I look forward to Pescarolo, and others, engaged in tight, fast and exciting competition this weekend and in the races to come....

It can only grow and improve from here....

Awesome, isn't it????

Old 7 May 2004, 19:00 (Ref:963723)   #73
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Having just spent the last half an hour or so typing the times up. I'm really suprised with the speed of all the Zytek's. Also that is a fantastic performance from Kondo. Another team which has suprised me is both with it here at Monza and at Le Mans is Nasamax, that car way quicker than last year. I would say everyone else is about where I thought they would be. Qualifying is going to be interesting.

Nasamax is a totally new entity with the Judd GV5 "bio-ethanol" fueled engine this year, aren't they???

But I still think their Livery is awful-looking....

But if it is fast, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder....but beauty only brings home trophies in pageants...not on the race track....

Glad to see them finally see some improvement and some results from their efforts

Old 7 May 2004, 19:10 (Ref:963731)   #74
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want TV coverage of the LMES NOW!!!!!! **** SpeedTV
Old 7 May 2004, 19:11 (Ref:963732)   #75
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:

From watching the "highlight Shows" of last year's FIA-SCC races in which the Zytek raced, their quick times do not surprise me at all...

With any kind or racing luck, they would have won at Estoril and Donington, and they totally ran away from the field at Oschersleben...

That chassis and engine package is the Real Deal....and with the pilots in the Factory team car and the Creation team car, the Zytek will be in the hunt all season long...