Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3086436)   #51
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We have a 100% guarantee from the oracle (Ayse) that it will be sunny all week
And anyone who says otherwise will be shot! (that's banned in forum speak)
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3086447)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At dawn.......
Old 6 Jun 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3086461)   #53
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Just seen the Weather Forecast on French TV . Look's terrible until Wednesday .
Old 6 Jun 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3086468)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So we get a bit damp at scrutineering Walter - and Tuesdays our day off anyway - I guess we can live with that......
Old 7 Jun 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3086702)   #55
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We have a 100% guarantee from the oracle (Ayse) that it will be sunny all week
Trouble is we have that guarantee from 'The Oracle' every year and the last time he was right was in 2007 (I think).

Having said that I have a theory that whatever it show when I first look at the Accu weather 15 day forecast the opposite will actually be true - as this year showed thunderstorms at first I am now optimistic!
Old 7 Jun 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3086732)   #56
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Trouble is we have that guarantee from 'The Oracle' every year and the last time he was right was in 2007 (I think).
You might wanna reconsider that year ... Unless Ayse predicted a massive downpour
Old 7 Jun 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3086741)   #57
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I'll take it anyway it comes but prefer to be burnt by the sun !
Old 7 Jun 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3086751)   #58
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You might wanna reconsider that year ... Unless Ayse predicted a massive downpour
Must have been 2006 then
Old 7 Jun 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3087024)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Having said that I have a theory that whatever it show when I first look at the Accu weather 15 day forecast the opposite will actually be true - as this year showed thunderstorms at first I am now optimistic!
I am sure that 2007 was one of the wettest years I remember, still if the oracle is wrong he can buy us all a nice warming cup of coffee
Old 7 Jun 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3087101)   #60
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Was yesterday to the Supermarket to buy Rubber Boots for helping my Friends in the Garden . Have seen the Forecast again this evening and if the Forecast is right I must use the Boots over the Complete Week .
Old 7 Jun 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3087105)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Think positive guys - better to have the deluge now than over race weekend. I'm still confident - I have to be......
Old 7 Jun 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3087110)   #62
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
We were today in Paris . Staying for 3 hours in the Galerie Lafayette . It was raining Cats and Dogs ...
Old 7 Jun 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3087119)   #63
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Think positive guys - better to have the deluge now than over race weekend. I'm still confident - I have to be......
I just packed my clothes. No rain clothing for me .
I believe in you Ayse, if you say sun, i believe sun
Old 7 Jun 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3087148)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Howling a gale here at home. I'm expecting to leave it behind when I leave.......
Old 8 Jun 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3087382)   #65
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doesn't it always say in the long-rage weather forecasts that we're due for heavy rain?

Apart from 2001 and 2007, which both initially predicted blissful sunshine.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3087383)   #66
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I just packed my clothes. No rain clothing for me .
I believe in you Ayse, if you say sun, i believe sun
hope it is not to late to rethink your list of clothes you want to bring with you...
Old 8 Jun 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3087403)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I must confess that over coffee with the missus this morning I made the mistake of checking my Accuweather app - it didn't cheer me up.... But anything can happen - and often does. I refuse to be dispirited or distracted from my ever-present optimism!!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3087520)   #68
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I refuse to be dispirited or distracted from my ever-present optimism!!
Don't you mean realism? Are you not a French Meteorological Oracle?
Old 8 Jun 2012, 15:35 (Ref:3087583)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ermm.......

Yes, of course!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3087759)   #70
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
In an attempt to clutch at a silver lining does this mean we may not need to worry quite so much about our tickets turning all black?
Old 8 Jun 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3087777)   #71
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry Ayse, but I'm taking brollies.There's optimism, and then there's flying in the face of horizontal sleet!
Besdides, I promised a Dutch mate a cheap Dunlop brolly, after Spa!
Old 9 Jun 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3087790)   #72
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
There's no way I'm bringin' umbrella's. I'll bring my usuall 'withstand any weather' gear and I'll probably bring it home unused like allways. (Except for 2001 that was...)

The weather's gonna be fine lads, don't worry.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3087842)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's interesting to see how the weather predictions change so quickly - that's why I refuse to be pessimistic. Yesterday when I looked, it was wall to wall water for the entire week. This morning, the prospects seem to have brightemed. Plenty of sunshine is predicted for the few days after Le Mans, so we only need to get that forward by a few days and hey presto...... Definitely no brolly for me.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 07:45 (Ref:3087849)   #74
Mal
Veteran

England
London
I am still optimistic. But hasn't is changed over the year I remember the rule of thumb was 3 dry years and 1 wet - now a dry year seams a distant memory
Old 9 Jun 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3087854)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will pack a waterproof but not expecting to use it, as long as it is warm everything dries off quickly