Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 6 Mar 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2410668)   #51
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I've just noticed that there is now an RSS tickery thing ... does that mean that the newsbot has finally put a sock in it?
Not necessarily. It means that I've had time to write an advanced RSS ticker and am testing that for now.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2410681)   #52
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a good compromise as it isn't that intrusive, and the adequately annoyed can remove it using firefox addons.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 03:22 (Ref:2410759)   #53
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont like these crash.net posts if i wanted to read the news i would go to their site, i come on this site for discussions.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2410943)   #54
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
burnsie, that sounds like a cracking idea.
It was such a cracking idea that Grant has actually written software to make it happen.

Just in case anyone was wondering if we ever listen to user comments. Amazing what can happen when someone takes the time to make a constructive suggestion!
Old 7 Mar 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2410966)   #55
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
It was such a cracking idea that Grant has actually written software to make it happen.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the powers for listening to feedback and acting in haste. Once again...
Old 7 Mar 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2410970)   #56
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
Glad you liked the idea, I've just seen it in action
Old 7 Mar 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2410982)   #57
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
(Not really relevant to the topic of this thread, but I think this is worth a mention here...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Install noscript for Firefox and you can enjoy the site without any of the advertising at all.
Apologies if this sounds overly confrontational - it isn't intended to be - but if the adverts are such an issue to you, why not just subscribe and then turn them off instead of using software to deprive the unpaid Ten-Tenths owners of much-needed advertising revenue? I don't think that 84p a month is too much to ask for use of this forum which, in my opinion, is one of the finest motorsport websites on the web.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2411259)   #58
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can only speak for the nascar topic but firmly believ all the crash net threads should be condensed into one thread, it is ruining the Nascar forum.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2411275)   #59
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On this forum (http://www.f1technical.net/forum/vie...php?f=1&t=6419) , news articles that are related to the forum are placed in a breakout box at the top. Not sure if the manually configure them to the thread or use an algorithm, probably the former. Maybe the thread starter could optionally create the link too.

It's slightly less direct than what is happening now, but forum users may still be likely to click the news link when the forum thread is related to the news content. The article link appears at the top of the page and may be referred to throughout the thread, with the news link accessible at all times.

I'm not sure what the current hit rate with regard to replies to the crash.net news threads is at the moment but a thread by a regular user, but with some targeted external content would probably be more likely to see some replies.
Old 8 Mar 2009, 00:06 (Ref:2411281)   #60
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
On this forum (http://www.f1technical.net/forum/vie...php?f=1&t=6419) , news articles that are related to the forum are placed in a breakout box at the top. Not sure if the manually configure them to the thread or use an algorithm, probably the former. Maybe the thread starter could optionally create the link too.
I think that something similar to what I've put in for Touring Cars and Rally/Rallycross will be of benefit for our users, I think that the inclusion of a graphic would indicate that f1technical are manually creating items. What we are doing now I think is a good compromise to bring the new items of our advertising partners to the attention of Ten-Tenths users without the creation of many threads. I had rather hoped that instead of the negative feedback that the threads would have sparked debate.
Old 8 Mar 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2411431)   #61
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I think that something similar to what I've put in for Touring Cars and Rally/Rallycross will be of benefit for our users, I think that the inclusion of a graphic would indicate that f1technical are manually creating items. What we are doing now I think is a good compromise to bring the new items of our advertising partners to the attention of Ten-Tenths users without the creation of many threads. I had rather hoped that instead of the negative feedback that the threads would have sparked debate.
I think it's the human content that invokes debate. News articles are a bit generic, usually. People aren't stupid and can tell they've been put there by a bot!
Old 8 Mar 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2411511)   #62
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
The Touring Cars "stream" seems a great compromise to me.

I usually hate moving text and regard it as a vile device. (Instant distraction for the unusually short of attention span!)

Your implementation means it is there but does not shout.

Jim
Old 8 Mar 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2411550)   #63
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I like the bar at the top, i even used it to look at several articles. So its a definate improvement on the threads which i just glanced at.