Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Mar 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1539378)   #51
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
Or FOX Sports...
I whole-heartedly support the V8's on Fox Sports. At least it would be live.
But then again, I'm heavily biased.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1539386)   #52
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fox would only limit the exposure of the sport to the haves ...... and leave the have nots out there with nothing ... a similar situation to Bigpond isnt it ... just a wy to suck people into buying their product.

This IMO would be a very much a backward step.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 08:59 (Ref:1539393)   #53
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a look at sports that have gone exclusively with Pay TV now - cricket etc - there is concern being expressed in a number of quarters that this method of marketing is actually harming the sports not enhancing it.

As Barney says - go PayTV, you severely limit those that will (or can) watch it.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1539394)   #54
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the alternative is to show the race 3 weeks later, Foxtel isnt a bad option
Old 7 Mar 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1539395)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is another option...

Keep all the streaming over the Telstra BigPond webcasts....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 Mar 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1539403)   #56
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
Have a look at sports that have gone exclusively with Pay TV now - cricket etc - there is concern being expressed in a number of quarters that this method of marketing is actually harming the sports not enhancing it.

As Barney says - go PayTV, you severely limit those that will (or can) watch it.
Yes but look at the 1 day games that are on now - Ch 9 or any channel get first chop at the telecast and said NO so don't bag pay TV for taking it on.

The reality is the basic package isn't that expensive - do you remember when we had to pay a license fee for free to air (thanks Gough Whitlam for getting rid of it) because Mr Howard would bring it back in a blink if were not for bad publicity.

It's not pay tv's fault for the cost of our pay tv - it's the idiots in Canberra that made the rules.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 7 Mar 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1539414)   #57
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline

Cricket is a bad example because the free-to-airs all get first bite at the cherry then if they dont want it Paytv picks it up.
Why not pay to watch all the best sports.? You dont get something for nothing. There is no reason why Channel 10 and Fox Sports can broadcast V8's on the same day. But the free-to-airs only want exclusive rights to freeze pay tv out. The governments anti-siphening law is a joke and needs to be overhauled.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1539436)   #58
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rugby League has hardly been hurt by Fox and their Super Saturdays. And as DRT says, if the alternate is to watch the race three(!) weeks later, then the Fox option isn't too bad.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1539443)   #59
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
Look at the success that the A-League has had this year. A sellout for the GF at Aussie Stadium and over 1 million patrons. And exclusive coverage on Fox Sports. Hasnt done the code any harm.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1539448)   #60
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The A league show, Oh I mean game, I went to was serving full strenght beer for the whole game!! Ill be going to another one of these before an oddly shaped footy for sure, but only cos Id recon youd have to be ****ed in order to watch any of the crap!!
Old 7 Mar 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1539449)   #61
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetormentor
Cricket is a bad example because the free-to-airs all get first bite at the cherry then if they dont want it Paytv picks it up.
Why not pay to watch all the best sports.? You dont get something for nothing. There is no reason why Channel 10 and Fox Sports can broadcast V8's on the same day. But the free-to-airs only want exclusive rights to freeze pay tv out. The governments anti-siphening law is a joke and needs to be overhauled.
They don't get first bite of anything overseas except The Ashes tests.

As to why not pay for it? Simple - as I have answered before, not everyone can get it - where I am located we have no access whatsoever to Optus or Foxtel Pay TV or AusStar satellite TV (despite a brochure that arrived in yesterdays mail saying I can get Optus/Foxtel digital TV for up to $99 a month!)
Old 7 Mar 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1539461)   #62
barney551
Veteran

For pete's sake this is only 1 round and everyone wants to take the rights away from the channel that has probably done more for the sport than anyone else.

That is not to say changes couldnt or shouldnt be made.

Lats get real and wait and see what happens instead of jumping to conclusions.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 11:06 (Ref:1539465)   #63
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't said I wanted the rights to be taken from Ten, all I want is for Fox to show Sandown live IF Ten can't.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1539468)   #64
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney551
For pete's sake this is only 1 round and everyone wants to take the rights away from the channel that has probably done more for the sport than anyone else.

Like what. Hardly any of the races are shown live, the camera positions are vertually the same as when Ch7 did the telecasts, the commentators are still as bad as in the Ch7 era, need I go on.......
Old 7 Mar 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1539473)   #65
barney551
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
I haven't said I wanted the rights to be taken from Ten, all I want is for Fox to show Sandown live IF Ten can't.

Sorry Mahem for my misunderstanding.

Just seems there are so many tangents here and they dont seem to be thinking of what is best in general for the majority of fans who arent fortunate to make it to the track, and I have to say i do get to a large number of rounds.... including Sandown.

Im sure there will be a work around and hopefully it will be on free to air
Old 7 Mar 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1539483)   #66
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree FTA is a prioroty for any championship, but if the best 10 can do is weeks away, for Sandown if you could get it live on Fox you would have to go with that.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1539489)   #67
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just delay the telecast. We are use to it in WA.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1539492)   #68
barney551
Veteran

i was waiting for someone to say that dsg
Old 7 Mar 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1539494)   #69
D.R.T.
Veteran

That is an option, a 3 week delay.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1539497)   #70
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The other option is to show it live in WA and delay it in the eastern states. In WA it would be on from 10am to 3pm and the footy could be shown from 3 to 6.

I know, I'm dreaming.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1539511)   #71
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
It still wouldn't get around the fact that there would physically be no equipment available to cover football AND Sandown.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1539521)   #72
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Channel 10 has more equipment than having to resort to sharing it around different sports? Wouldn't most of the cameras for the football be fixed at the stadium or whatever its held at?
Old 7 Mar 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1539534)   #73
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Surely Channel 10 has more equipment than having to resort to sharing it around different sports? Wouldn't most of the cameras for the football be fixed at the stadium or whatever its held at?
Pretty much all of the sports TV on CH 10 is run by Global Television, and it's not fixed at the stadium given CH 9 have their own camera crews. TV networks would outsource as much as they can to save money to buy shows like Desperate Houses*****.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1539811)   #74
S_Doctor
Rookie

S_Doctor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I though that Global made a commitment not to let the football get in the way of the V8 telecast.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1539825)   #75
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And that was what was so great about Channel 10 having the V8s, thre was no football to interfere with it. Then they joined the bandwagon, I suppose this was inevitable.