Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2007, 11:35 (Ref:1897598)   #51
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most recent Ferrari-Ferrari incident I can think of was when Alesi's camera fell off at Monza and hit Berger's car... I'm not sure that counts though does it? I honestly can't think of a time that Schumacher hit his Ferrari teammate though...
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, but I feel that life is measured in achievement, and not in years alone"
Old 22 Apr 2007, 11:54 (Ref:1897618)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They haven't rerally collided, but they have had their fair share of close calls!

USA '05. Spain '03. Etc...
Old 22 Apr 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1897761)   #53
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Not really, it was just a question, I can remember most teams running into one another at one point, McLaren, Williams, Prost, Jordan, etc, but can't recall the last time a Ferrari tagged another Ferrari.
Its almost as if... they were a team.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 15:16 (Ref:1897764)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or one driver was quite significantly better than the other and therefore not in a position to collide...
Old 22 Apr 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1897770)   #55
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Well, there's that too.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 15:24 (Ref:1897773)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Suffice to say, this team thing may go out the window in races to come!

Di Montezemolo: "Michael, come back, all is forgiven!"
Old 22 Apr 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1897942)   #57
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am so glad he is gone. I will be utterly fascinated this year, to see how Ferrari plays the team game, especially if the Massa RAikkonen battle heats up. My pick, is that Raikkonen packs a tanty, and Massa is ordered to back off, as Kimi is supposedly Ferrari's new hero. haha, what a joke.

Go Fernando.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1898741)   #58
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless of what you think of Michael Schumacher (and I am not a fan) you can't deny that whereas some people were saying that F1 wouldn't be as good without him, frankly the sport doesn't appear to be suffering.

I have to say I wasn't a big fan of Hamilton either, until Melbourne this year. He crashed out of both F3 races I saw him at, and I was fairly convinced that his talent was the result of being very well supported financially, rather than raw speed.

But up against the current (double) world champion in equal machinery and against two very hot drivers in Ferraris, he comes in as a rookie and has the most successful first 3 races in F1 history? How can anyone say he hasn't done anything to deserve comparison with anyone?
Old 24 Apr 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1898989)   #59
Raspberry
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Raspberry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF to TFF in a matter of months...
Old 24 Apr 2007, 00:13 (Ref:1898998)   #60
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There is something definately missing in F1 at the moment! It just seems empty and "life-less", I know the 1st 3 GPs have been exciting to watch but it has been "oh, oh well Ferrari have won, ok," move on now no real spark. It was going to happen sooner or later anyway! We now might have a lull before the end of the season when it starts to heat up! Monaco should be good though! Don't get me wrong I am very happy that there is a 3-way tie for the championship at the moment especially with Lewis being 1 of the 3 but there has been no Schumacher-esque brilliance so far!
Old 24 Apr 2007, 01:12 (Ref:1899008)   #61
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I find it laughable to even suggest the sport would be "suffering" without Schumacher.

No one man is bigger than the sport.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1899180)   #62
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
....yet you miss the Montoya goose?
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:17 (Ref:1899231)   #63
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I agree, MS created the buzz in F1, he was also a great guy during interviews, Kimi who was his replacement is a mono tone android by comparison.. Alsonso lacks character.

For me Massa is gonna be the star, Im hoping if he puts in drives like Bahrain, he will make a mockery out of Ferrari's plan for Kimi!
Old 24 Apr 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1899448)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The sport does not suffer whoever leaves. Initial sadness for favourites gone, yes. But suffer?

Nah, F1 is bigger than any one driver.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 17:11 (Ref:1899459)   #65
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think this season has enough new narratives to withstand the absence of Michael Schumacher.

I expected things to drag a bit after his leaving, but to the opposite I'm actually so enwrapped in what's happening now with Raikonnen, Alonso, Massa, Lewis and Heidfeld and Kubica, as well as Webber's and Coulthard's progress, that I nearly did not miss MS at all.

There's enough to this season to be interested in and no noticeable drop in entertainment value and suspense.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1899500)   #66
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian

There's enough to this season to be interested in and no noticeable drop in entertainment value and suspense.
Agreed.When was the last time we had a three way tie,three races into the season?

Let's leave Michael to his road safety campaigning and budding car salesman career and move on.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1899502)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He's not a car salesman. He is a "TV repurrer" and "gurdener".
Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:20 (Ref:1899507)   #68
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
He's not a car salesman. He is a "TV repurrer" and "gurdener".
I'm not so convinced of his acting capabilities as you are it would seem.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1899562)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But still he's the kind of man who makes everybody talk about him... like now.