Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Apr 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3236358)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In all, Shazam gave me about 10 different 'guesses', none of which were on the money....
Old 18 Apr 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3236368)   #52
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What I do know is that I too love it. My favourite RLM video. Always was. Wore out TWO VHS copies..... If you don't have it, you MUST get it.
Because of this recommendation I will watch it. Never did before because of the Brundle switching cars shananigans and thereby robbing Salazar of what turned out to be a victory.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3236373)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a shame, but this is a great video.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3236411)   #54
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tried downloading some Apps to help me but none could find anything, but thanks for that Ayse - I really appreciate the effort!

The mystery continues. After some informed guesses (OMD, Vangelis) and flicking through some dodgy B-sides, I've finally given up I think.

I completely agree with Ayse. It's the Le Mans video, for me. It manages to capture the magic of the place effortlessly. Part of its brilliance is that it does this playing RLM commentary over the live pictures with the occasional song played for extra ambience...love it.

"lemanslegend" had uploaded the whole video in about 12 segments, but frustratingly Duke have removed all but 2 of the segments. Even more frustratingly...Duke don't even sell the video themselves.
Old 19 Apr 2013, 04:11 (Ref:3236465)   #55
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
"lemanslegend" had uploaded the whole video in about 12 segments, but frustratingly Duke have removed all but 2 of the segments. Even more frustratingly...Duke don't even sell the video themselves.
There should be some good-quality dodgy unofficial illegal bootlegs of the video if you know where to look. Not that I'd be endorsing that line of activity or anything...
Old 28 Apr 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3240376)   #56
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It's not Barrington, IMHO. It had a Vangelis feel to start with, then went generic.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3240601)   #57
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Because of this recommendation I will watch it. Never did before because of the Brundle switching cars shananigans and thereby robbing Salazar of what turned out to be a victory.
Tony Dowe, who was running the car for TWR, explains why the change was made in this little piece.

HERE
Old 29 Apr 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3240603)   #58
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Tony Dowe, who was running the car for TWR, explains why the change was made in this little piece.

HERE
That story gets better and better every time I read it. Hats off to some brilliant people and a few brilliant pieces of racing shenanigans.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3240626)   #59
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

HERE
Thanks for that! Changed my view on the switch between Brundle and Salazar 180 degrees!
Old 29 Apr 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3240629)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Very interesting article, I watched the big jags in action but during those days we had very little idea what was actually happening behind the scenes
Old 29 Apr 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3240665)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

HERE

Bloody marvelous read. Thank you.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3240976)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Was looking for something and had to sort out the draw where I dump everything, found my old le mans tickets, full set from 1990 to 2012, prior to that not sure where they are. A large selection of car window stickers dating back to 1990, le mans beer mats and a mass of old camping tickets and security re entry passes. Will keep the race tickets and stickers but rest will go to recycling I think.
Old 1 May 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3241244)   #63
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
but rest will go to recycling I think.

Don't, you will regret it one day! Probably the day after you do it.
Old 1 May 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3241247)   #64
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Can't keep everything and the counter passes and camping tickets are not really that good but always like to hold onto the actual tickets
Old 1 May 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3241263)   #65
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Can't keep everything and the counter passes and camping tickets are not really that good but always like to hold onto the actual tickets
No, you can't keep everything. I recently dumped a load of old crap but there is no way I'm ditching my Silk Cut Jaguar flag from 1990! Too many memories!
Old 1 May 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3241341)   #66
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I recently found an old press info map of the Euroracing Spice team from 1991, the year I first went to Le Mans.
Map was signed by the drivers Cor Euser and Charles Zwolsman sr. (who later was found to be one of the heaviest drugscriminals in the Netherlands).
Old 1 May 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3241510)   #67
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I started collecting the plastic beertumblers (are they called that name?). At least when I don't want them any more I can get a refund from the ACO 1 Euro each. It is already starting to get crowded in my closet. So hold on to your tickets they don't use a lot of space.
Old 2 May 2013, 08:00 (Ref:3241624)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well I am keeping the race tickets and car window stickers but the remainding stuff has gone now, you sometimes have to get rid of stuff so you can collect more
Old 5 May 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3242991)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Hay fever has started this weekend for me so Le mans can't be far off
Old 10 May 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3245373)   #70
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just seen a trailer for the motoGP from Le mans 19th May always good to see the old place on the telly
Old 10 May 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3245401)   #71
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
This month's Motor Sport Calendar pic is pretty evocative - a Bentley circa 2003 going down Mulsanne in late evening light - now we're starting to get similar evenings in the UK it's starting to resonate quite a bit.
Old 11 May 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3245607)   #72
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has anyone ever tried to Sky+ the entire race before in HD off Eurosport?

I'm assuming that it won't fit on the box as HD eats the memory.
Old 11 May 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3245634)   #73
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Has anyone ever tried to Sky+ the entire race before in HD off Eurosport?

I'm assuming that it won't fit on the box as HD eats the memory.
Last year recorded the whole 24. On my recorder there is plenty of room. And enough left so I won't have to delete. Will get back to you after I've checked how big the harddisk is. All recorded full HD.
Old 11 May 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3245639)   #74
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bloody marvelous read. Thank you.
Glad you enjoyed it, I shot for Jaguar that year and we had no clue either, but then somethings never change

Enjoy Le Mans, I may have a few tales to tell about the past 30 years and will link them here, assuming that is OK.
Old 11 May 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3245641)   #75
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another reminder of that Le Mans is getting close:
A massive boom in activity in the Sportscar section here on Ten-Tenths