Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pouring rain at Donington Park

Old 24 Jun 2007, 10:15 (Ref:1945402)   #52
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Westy fastest in morning warm up!!!!!!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 10:41 (Ref:1945425)   #53
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
Westy fastest in morning warm up!!!!!!
Casey 2nd and Chris 4th too

Lorenzo crashed out of the 250's & De Angelis leads Devizioso(sp?)
Old 24 Jun 2007, 11:06 (Ref:1945437)   #54
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It amazes me how often De Angeles can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 11:08 (Ref:1945439)   #55
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
It amazes me how often De Angeles can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
I feel for the guy
Old 24 Jun 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1945481)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rossi must be quite cross. Every time we reach a favourable track for him, it rains and the Bridgestone Ducati of Stoner blitzes him again!

It seems we will have a convict world champion once again.

Great ride by Casey. I also think Colin was fantastic too, I am sad he could not fight for the win ultimately. But he showed Rossi the way.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:02 (Ref:1945482)   #57
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
So I wonder which 'Casey/Ducati cant [insert rubish here]' theory they will squash next race!!!

So far we have had...
Cant come back from mid pack
Cant win in the wet
Cant win on twisty track
Cant handle pressure from Valentino

This guy is a GUN!!

Chris did so well too
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1945484)   #58
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
A masterful ride by Casey. I don't think there is anything left for the critics to pick on.
A perfect podium for me containing three of my favourite riders. Well done to Colin and Chris, great rides.
Well done to Ant West too, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1945488)   #59
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh for Gods sake, think I will just guve up now

You dont get any sodding rain in Australia, so how, how HHHHHHOOOOOWWWWWW
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1945493)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dirt tracking helps.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1945494)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Well done to Ant West too, it was fun while it lasted.
Nothing well done about it, he binned it!

You are letting your Oz-ness interfere with common sense.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:25 (Ref:1945497)   #62
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

There seems to be a direct correlation between the bets I place and how a race goes - I had a bet on Haydon and Pedrosa.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1945498)   #63
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
On a serious note Chunder, just about all the Aussie riders do most of their early riding on dirt which is where they learn bike control. What is the normal route for British riders? Is there much short circuit or moto x ridden in the UK or do they normally head straight to circuit racing?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1945503)   #64
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Nothing well done about it, he binned it!

Yeah he binned it and then remounted and rode back up to 11th

You are letting your Oz-ness interfere with common sense.
Possibly. I unashamedly support the aussie riders, but I would have been impressed by any rider who did the same in their debut ride in the series.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 13:48 (Ref:1945510)   #65
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Awesome effort by Stoner yet again!!!!

He's going so well that I felt I just had to post in the bike forum for the first time. And how exciting is the racing this season??? The last race was just about the best sporting spectacle I've ever seen.

Really pleased to see West in MotoGP after watching him for years plugging away on inferior machines in the lower categories. Great performance by him too until he crashed (wish he hadn't as I had a decent wager on him to win, but also backed Vermeulen for a podium). Anyway, next wet race I won't hesitate to back Ant again.

I'm sure the critics will find a "reason" (that has nothing to do with simply being very very good) to explain Casey's dominance but who's gonna bother wasting time with them....

Oh, and the convicts "joke" I never get tired of, though I am sure it was meant well. Coincidentally, I was playing poker online yesterday and after I eliminated someone he kept abusing me and asking how it felt to be descended from convicts. I'm not, as it happens, but it perplexes me as to why someone would think it shameful. I tend to think it would make your family history more interesting.

Anyways, GO THE AUSSIES!!!!!!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 14:19 (Ref:1945525)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's just a joke, same as us over here are known as "limeys" or whatever. I think you realise that.

bestfit, I agree, West did a decent job before he binned it at least, if you look at the overall weekend. Staying on the bike does help, but then he wasn't the only one to fall this weekend. Jacque would have fell even earlier anyways.

And, on a really happy, pleased note - Pasini finally gets a result. Really pleased about that, his luck is ridiculous!

Here's to a great second half for him (and Bradley of course).

Last edited by Knowlesy; 24 Jun 2007 at 14:24.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 14:54 (Ref:1945538)   #67
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep, as I said, I'm sure it was meant well - I'm just pointing out that it's becoming somewhat tired. However I must now be off, things to do and all that - unlike you Poms us Aussies don't save time by bathing just once a week.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 14:55 (Ref:1945539)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Who said we bathe at all?
Old 24 Jun 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1945568)   #69
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1SPECIAL
And how exciting is the racing this season??? The last race was just about the best sporting spectacle I've ever seen.
Even if the notion seems to be unthinkable, FIM GP races have been more or less equally great to see in the last years (at least) even without Aussies winning . I'm sorry you have wasted some years of your life watching lesser sports

Anyway the important thing is now you are aboard and your live has a new direction. Welcome to the Two Wheel Church! (also known as the Church of Westology or the Church of the Last Days of Rossi )
Old 24 Jun 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1945576)   #70
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think as i have said before its just a feel thing, we get plenty of rain over here in the UK and our riders are usually pretty good in the rain, and the southern Europeans are often hopeless until they understand how to do it. When they do understand they can be superb such as Checa and Gibernau.

Nothing to write home about for the race, some good rides, from Loris and De Puniet who actuyally didnt bin when he normally would ahve done, and also genius from Doviziozo, what a talent this lad is.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1945589)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, it was hardly a rip-snorter was it?

Hardly Estoril 2006 (admittedly this was won by a non-Australian).
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1945619)   #72
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably the least interesting race of the year, not helped by West and Capirossi falling. After the first few laps the order at the front was fairly settled. Not good for the championship for Casey to extend his lead past a single race win.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:20 (Ref:1945629)   #73
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
another great ride by stoner. vermeulen is the master of wet tracks. Also Good debut from ant west, remember he has only had about 2 houes on that bike, wet and dry.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1945814)   #74
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
yeah whatever!!

he only tested it for a few days last week aswell!

Interesting to see how he goes in the dry to be honest, was nowhere near the front on quallies, but then he has never used em before!

Fair play Dan Linfoot on Ants old bike, getting a top ten in 250.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 01:14 (Ref:1945907)   #75
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done to Casey to fight back the way he did and Chris another good ride and Colin surprised me, Westy done well on debut to fight back it would been a good ride if he didn't bin it maybe an Aussie clean sweep of the podium .