Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3131247)   #51
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
hmmmm.......not sure that Hamilton's 'twitterings' could be looked at in any other way other than at face value. It certainly won't have done his contract negotiations with McLaren any good.
Nope, to me it seemed a very childish & petulant thing to do, which wouldn't have impressed any team managers...
Old 5 Sep 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3131285)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Really? Lewis's comments were just a passing thought? I seriously doubt that! He was annoyed that Jenson had gone the right way on set up and he vented his anger on Twitter.
they are hardly well formed thoughts either. they are remarks written in short hand and given voice through the immediacy of the internet. its just the feeling he wanted to share at that moment and no more or no less weight should be placed on it then any of his other equally useless and mundane posts.

for me twitter posts are more like gossip or excerpts from a persons diary than actual news and the amount of credence they get in the media irritates me so im obviously more willing to dismiss it.

i suppose i should take twitter posts more seriously!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3131323)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Absolutely. I've seen scandals and fights about what has been posted on twitter... ridiculous. But that's the times we're living.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3131405)   #54
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

for me twitter posts are more like gossip or excerpts from a persons diary than actual news and the amount of credence they get in the media irritates me so im obviously more willing to dismiss it.

Lewis knew full what he was doing. And (imo at least) its a cop out to post something on twitter and then turn round and hid behind "oh there was nothing behind it". If there had been nothing behind it, Lewis would have left them on there (or McLaren allow it).

Bit like me saying "oh that chillibowl is an out and out utter **** **** **** ***", oh didn't mean it, just a passing thought "

(incidently, i don't actually think your an utter etc etc, just an example )
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3131450)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Bit like me saying "oh that chillibowl is an out and out utter **** **** **** ***", oh didn't mean it, just a passing thought "

haha touche!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3131461)   #56
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The funny thing is that according to JB as well as Gary Anderson, the telemetry proves that JB was gaining in the straights with a lower downforce wing, but it doesnt answer why Hamilton wasnt gaining any in the corners with a higher downforce one.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...says-anderson/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19474565

In general I would agree there are different ways to interpret a tweet or a quote, but I struggle to come up with ANY interpretation that would make these tweets anything to be proud of, or would take the "childish/sour grape/non-team-player" edge of it.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3131487)   #57
alc
Rookie

alc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton => Kevin Pietersen

There was a very logical comment made by one of the Olympic rowing team in a recent radio interview.

The rowing team made a team decision not to post any tweets for a number of weeks before the Olympics. The basis of the decision was that nothing anyone might say in a tweet would help them beat the opposition, which was by far the most important thing in their lives.

So, how on earth could Hamilton's tweet help him beat the opposition ?

Is he turning into the Kevin Pietersen of F1 ?
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3131531)   #58
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alc View Post
So, how on earth could Hamilton's tweet help him beat the opposition ?
Maybe he just like to tweet.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3131546)   #59
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lewis knew full what he was doing. And (imo at least) its a cop out to post something on twitter and then turn round and hid behind "oh there was nothing behind it". If there had been nothing behind it, Lewis would have left them on there (or McLaren allow it).

Problem is now you've written that, somebody will take the "oh that chillibowl is an out and out utter **** **** **** ***" and put it as a headline on the news paper, chillibowl then presses charges for defamation of character, verbal assault and disturbing the peace.

Whereas in the reality it meant feck all.

Old 5 Sep 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3131602)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, but we now now that chillibowl was clearly running in an out and out utter **** set up, and not a modified low downforce utter **** set up.... These things are important, you know.......
Old 5 Sep 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3131674)   #61
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
The funny thing is that according to JB as well as Gary Anderson, the telemetry proves that JB was gaining in the straights with a lower downforce wing, but it doesnt answer why Hamilton wasnt gaining any in the corners with a higher downforce one.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...says-anderson/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19474565

In general I would agree there are different ways to interpret a tweet or a quote, but I struggle to come up with ANY interpretation that would make these tweets anything to be proud of, or would take the "childish/sour grape/non-team-player" edge of it.
That!

McLaren may still invite him to pursue his opportunities elsewhere!
Old 6 Sep 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3131775)   #62
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
Problem is now you've written that, somebody will take the "oh that chillibowl is an out and out utter **** **** **** ***" and put it as a headline on the news paper, chillibowl then presses charges for defamation of character, verbal assault and disturbing the peace.

Whereas in the reality it meant feck all.

He can sue me if he wants, but i ain't worth anything !
Old 6 Sep 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3132027)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
no lawyers for me, i prefer handbags at dawn.

but it does raise an important point though which Peter touched on earlier...considering how litigious our society has become, thoughts and opinions are better left in your own head and not on twitter.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3132098)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Anyone whose forum name is nearly a spoonerism of Billy Joel is frankly asking for it........
Old 6 Sep 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3132246)   #65
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The level of childishness of the posts is irrelevant to my way of thinking. For me, posting the telemetry, complete with ride heights and suspension settings was far, far more egregious. We can laugh off/ignore the comments, but when you post a copy of the actual tracings from the telemetry then you have crossed a serious line in a business where ANY release of information is carefully handled so as to insure no competitive advantage is given to another team as a result.

It would be as if someone at Coca Cola, miffed at some result or another posted the formula for Coke to prove that they were hard done by. I am amazed (really) that so far as we know, McLaren has not reprimanded Lewis in some way for that. Who knows, maybe they have, but can anyone think of another team that would be "ok" with this?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3132258)   #66
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
the telemetry trace could be bogus and the whole thing a put-up job to send the other teams scurrying around wasting time up a blind alley...
Old 7 Sep 2012, 05:06 (Ref:3132303)   #67
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
the telemetry trace could be bogus and the whole thing a put-up job to send the other teams scurrying around wasting time up a blind alley...
That's what I was thinking! What if it's all a ruse from McLaren! It's possible, not saying it's definite. But he 'took it down' so maybe it was serious enough to them. But I have a hard time believing that he could take a picture of the telemetry and tweet it so easily. Was his team turning a blind eye to his actions or did he 'sneak it'?
Old 7 Sep 2012, 05:23 (Ref:3132309)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's what I was thinking! What if it's all a ruse from McLaren! It's possible, not saying it's definite. But he 'took it down' so maybe it was serious enough to them. But I have a hard time believing that he could take a picture of the telemetry and tweet it so easily. Was his team turning a blind eye to his actions or did he 'sneak it'?
No way was it planned. IMO. Hamilton would have been an idiot to court all this bad press deliberately.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3132454)   #69
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No way was it planned. IMO. Hamilton would have been an idiot to court all this bad press deliberately.
NOt really. The haters are going to hate. Supporters will support. Just look at the number of Hamilton haters who still tried to blame him for the start accident.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3132521)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, that's true, I accept - but surely even the Hamilton 'lovers' would say he was a proper nana for tweeting what he did...... And to do it deliberately with the connivance of the team? Sorry, I don't buy that one.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3132533)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Yes, that's true, I accept - but surely even the Hamilton 'lovers' would say he was a proper nana for tweeting what he did...... And to do it deliberately with the connivance of the team? Sorry, I don't buy that one.
Totally agree.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3132562)   #72
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nor do i,

Im not a Lewis fan but I do think he is one of the very best out there on track but maybe not in the paddock (not sure if that makes me a lover or hater )... But I agree, I think Hamilton did make a bit of a nana of himself over the whole twitter thing... It's good for a driver to have the balls to speak their mind but probably not worth making a twit of yourself over it... Still I suppose I would rather watch a ballsy driver give it all than a team speak driver that Plays the middle line all the time
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3132707)   #73
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I agree totally!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3132709)   #74
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato san View Post
Nor do i,

Im not a Lewis fan but I do think he is one of the very best out there on track but maybe not in the paddock (not sure if that makes me a lover or hater )... But I agree, I think Hamilton did make a bit of a nana of himself over the whole twitter thing... It's good for a driver to have the balls to speak their mind but probably not worth making a twit of yourself over it... Still I suppose I would rather watch a ballsy driver give it all than a team speak driver that Plays the middle line all the time
Welcome back, mate! It is a fine thing to post in the same thread once again with you and Mr V!
Old 7 Sep 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3132723)   #75
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Well, if it were a McLaren authorized ruse, he'd have to take it down, to fit the narrative. There's no way they'd let him keep it up if it were genuine, so if they want to give the impression that it was genuine they'd have to take it down.