Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Mar 2007, 04:40 (Ref:1863479)   #51
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree. The sheer speed of the Ducati down the straight (and even Pedrosa's Honda was giving Rossi a run for his money) - It was unbelieveable. I've never seen anything like it- Incredible!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 11 Mar 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1863568)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they get that Ducati going a bit better round corners and the tyres remain consistent, then who knows.... maybe the dream of a Ducati title may be on!
Old 11 Mar 2007, 12:08 (Ref:1863576)   #53
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GO CASEY!! Great first win mate. Hope it's first of many with Ducati. Awesome speed difference down the straight......
Old 11 Mar 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1863603)   #54
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to Stoner quietened some of his critics just like Bayless did.
Old 11 Mar 2007, 15:23 (Ref:1863651)   #55
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great win by Stoner, but it's still only one race, and one which suits Ducati.
Old 11 Mar 2007, 20:27 (Ref:1863833)   #56
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Loris ran well at Jerez, so theres a chance there.

Then again, so did Dani. And Rossi runs well everywhere...
Old 11 Mar 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1863856)   #57
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst
GO CASEY!! Great first win mate. Hope it's first of many with Ducati. Awesome speed difference down the straight......
Just the significance of a having a win under the belt in esteemed company just might give the young fella the confidence to ride "clever" and do very well.

What, it was only a few weeks ago that the machine threw him away and he had concussion.

Mike
Old 12 Mar 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1864841)   #58
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'm gutted, as I missed the race while on vacation for the weekend. However, I'm pleasantly surprised since I was expecting Rossi to walk away with this one. I'm also very pleased for you Aussie fans, who are now coming out of the woodwork!

Hats off to Stoner, great ride! Pressure is on Capirossi now.

I find it interesting, that other the Pedrobot, the other Hondas are generally off the pace. Although, I suppose Melandri did well with a 5th. I feel for Nicky, but he has to suck it up and figure that bike out.

I'm sure Rossi must be pretty annoyed to have the best technical bike only to lose out on the top end, which cost him the race perhaps. Oh, and what happened to Edwards?

Curious that the d'Antin squad did not reap the Ducati advantage.

Tamada was tested and beaten by Guintoli this weekend.

I wonder if Ilmor are thinking twice about signing McWilliams?

All in all, a great start to the season. Hopefully they're all like this! Thankfully Speed are replaying the race tomorrow. Looking forward to watching the action. (see Hazza, I can praise Speed on occassion ).
Old 12 Mar 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1865130)   #59
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Oh, and what happened to Edwards?
Spun it up off the start, lost ground, was catching up then "Had a moment" and backed off for the rest of the race.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 09:09 (Ref:1865401)   #60
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
casey, so impressive - and to think i was waiting for him to bin it....
dominant ride by lorenzo too!

liked the competitive suzuki's aswell
Old 13 Mar 2007, 11:39 (Ref:1865518)   #61
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
the two Swedish commentators are among the worst ones.
IMHO they are good compared to most other Swedish motorsport commentators.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 14:06 (Ref:1866462)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems that I was not the only one that noticed Tamada's lackluster start:

"I am very pleased with what Sylvain has done this weekend as session after session he has been improving," added Poncharal. "He secured a very decent qualifying position, qualifying time and scored his first point in MotoGP and he was really consistent with his lap times until the end of the race.

"As for Tamada I am quite disappointed because we tested here three weeks ago and he did a good race simulation then but for some reason he was never feeling good here this weekend," said the Frenchman. "We tried everything we could but it is more a rider problem than anything else. The test in Spain was good too so we hope he comes back to usual self at Jerez in two weeks time."

http://www.crash.net/news_View~cid~6~id~144496.htm
Old 15 Mar 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1867236)   #63
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Still it doesn't come as a suprise to me (I was more suprised when it was announced Tamada was hired by Tech 3). You can't say he was absolutely brilliant the last 2 seasons.