corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
go take a shower then
Old 9 Jul 2003, 23:49 (Ref:657479)   #52
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T.G.: " assingments everybody! Indycool, go over those reports and all that leagel stuff; put a spin on it O.K?
sgw2, all our Jap engines and drivers that can't talk amercan are winning everything,so we'll have to tone down the whining about all forigeners. Make it sound like that liberal free spending pook has made a deal with all tham Canadians ta steal the whole deal.
Corkholio! got all that stuff memorized?...OK just keep bad mouthing thier drivers! make it look like they just got thier licence last week.
Hey! RUSH1 pay attention! get on that forum and spread that doom an gloom, get it? down the drain, couple more races an thier finnished!! now git to work!
Old 9 Jul 2003, 23:54 (Ref:657481)   #53
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by norman-normal
T.G.: " assingments everybody! Indycool, go over those reports and all that leagel stuff; put a spin on it O.K?
sgw2, all our Jap engines and drivers that can't talk amercan are winning everything,so we'll have to tone down the whining about all forigeners. Make it sound like that liberal free spending pook has made a deal with all tham Canadians ta steal the whole deal.
Corkholio! got all that stuff memorized?...OK just keep bad mouthing thier drivers! make it look like they just got thier licence last week.
Hey! RUSH1 pay attention! get on that forum and spread that doom an gloom, get it? down the drain, couple more races an thier finnished!! now git to work!
Old 9 Jul 2003, 23:58 (Ref:657483)   #54
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
go take a shower then
You're either too young or easily led, I don't care which.

Last edited by The Snout; 10 Jul 2003 at 00:05.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 00:40 (Ref:657504)   #55
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
N-N, your response is not thoughtful discussion, which is a stipend of this particular forum, which I like for that reason. Your flames do not contribute.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:05 (Ref:657509)   #56
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Thoughtful discussion isn't a 'stipend' of this forum, we (the ones who frequent the forum to talk about more than CART's financials) enjoy a good parody joke. If you want to take this thread and turn it into a shot at CART owners don't bothering trying to take the moral highground.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:38 (Ref:657523)   #57
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Snout
You're either too young or easily led, I don't care which.
You're either too stupid or have no sense of humor, I don't care which.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:41 (Ref:657525)   #58
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give it a rest guys...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 10 Jul 2003, 02:06 (Ref:657532)   #59
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
You're either too stupid or have no sense of humor, I don't care which.
AR1 are looking for a correspondent, with your cut and paste abilities I'm sure you'd fit right in.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 02:49 (Ref:657544)   #60
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really, this topic should be closed. It was nothing but flamebate to start.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 15 Jul 2003, 11:35 (Ref:661648)   #61
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Molson Indy Toronto announced 43,000 plus on Friday, which was rainy and cold and unpleasant; 50,000 plus on Saturday which was not much better, and nearly 71,000 on Sunday which was beautiful. The paddock was much more crowded this year than last year (it couldn't have been the free Coronas at Walker Racing could it?), and there were many more racing-related vendors in the Motorfest hall this year, including team gear for sale. This was mainly due to Molson's, Players and Paul Tracy getting out there and promoting the daylights out of the race and the event. At the end of the weekend they had racked up the second largest crowd in Toronto racing history.

One funny thing I saw in the Motorfest Hall was a group selling "Vintage Racewear." A quick look around and I'd have called it "DeserterWear" -- most of what they had for sale appeared to be related to unlamented ex-drivers and teams from last year.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 15:13 (Ref:661908)   #62
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Cart.com:

THE "THRILL FROM WEST HILL" TREASURES THE MOMENT
Monday, July 14, 2003

By Robin Miller

No matter how many times you go to CART races in Canada, it's impossible not to enjoy the experience.
Between the well educated fans, massive media coverage, huge crowds and genuine patriotism, nothing on the open-wheel schedule in the United States compares to Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal.

And maybe that's why I always feel a little jealous flying back home. Because no country supports its drivers and auto racing with more passion than our neighbors to the North.

Sunday's 18th annual Molson Indy Toronto was a perfect example.

Paul Tracy annihilated the competition, led every lap and never was challenged yet you'd have never know the race was a yawner by the 73,000 fans in Exhibition Place. They cheered the start, they cheered every time P.T. pitted and even as he increased his lead to 33 seconds. They stomped and screamed when he took the checkered flag and thousands stuck around to salute him as he climbed the podium.

Then, as the Canadian national anthem was played, they sang along -- loud and proud.

"To hear the fans start singing, everybody still in their seats, standing, you know, it just gave me goose bumps," admitted the 34-year-old native of the Toronto suburb of West Hill. "I could see the crowd in the last couple laps, they were all standing and waving.

"That is such a great, great feeling. Michel (Jourdain) said to me on the podium, he says, 'I need to win in Mexico City.' It gave him goose bumps too, hearing that response."

Following the 23rd win of his career, which upped his Champ Car lead to 15 over Bruno Junqueira heading to Vancouver in two weeks, Tracy left little doubt what an emotional week it had been with Player's announcing it had to cease its sponsorship Oct. 1 after 42 years.

"This is the biggest win of my career. It's my Indy 500," said the only Canadian driver to ever win a race (Toronto twice, Vancouver once) in his homeland. "I wanted to do this for Player's and for all they've done for racing in Canda.

"And I wanted to do it for our great fans. They are the best anywhere."

No argument here. It was raining, blowing and pretty miserable Friday and Saturday during qualifying but that didn't deter these folks. The grandstands were three-quarters full because they weren't about to miss Patrick Carpentier, Alex Tagliani and Tracy.

That trio can barely walk anywhere during any of the Canadian races as they're swamped with the adulation that used to wash over Mario Andretti, A.J. Foyt, Parnelli Jones and the Unsers in the USA.

"This is a great day and a proud day for Canada and its race fans," said Bob Singleton, general manager of Molstar Sports & Entertainment, sponsors and promoters of all three Canadian races. "A lot of people in this country identify with Paul. He's their hero and today his performance was tremendous."

Asked if it could only be better if Tracy won at Montreal (Molson headquarters), Singleton smiled and replied: "No, this was just fantastic. We couldn't hope for anything better."

Maybe some day down the road A.J. Allmendinger, Danica Patrick, Joey Hand, Albert Unser or Kyle Krisiloff can create that same kind of adulation in CART. I want to see American race fans embrace some new heroes and make them feel like Tracy did Sunday afternoon.

"I want to thank all the people who came out and supported our race this weekend," said Tracy, trying to talk on the public address system above the roar of the crowd. "I know it means a lot to me, Pat and Tag. It gives us that extra motivation."

As I climbed into a cab Sunday night to head for the airport, my driver asked me: How was the race? I started to say pretty boring since the pole-sitter led all 112 laps. But then I remembered where I was. "It was a classic," I replied. "Paul Tracy kicked their ass and the fans loved it."

Last edited by Dov; 15 Jul 2003 at 15:18.