Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jul 2003, 16:33 (Ref:655978)   #51
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Its 62 on the list but at least one of them has announced they won't be competing.

Of particular note is the third driver in the Morgan - Jaques Lafitte!!!
It also appears to have moved from N-GT to the national class- are they still having problems with the homologation, or am I just reading far too much into this?
Old 8 Jul 2003, 16:55 (Ref:655999)   #52
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I'd guess its a catch-all just in case of continued 'issues'
Old 8 Jul 2003, 19:36 (Ref:656159)   #53
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pictures of today's testing: http://www.vincentdb-racing.be.tf/
Old 8 Jul 2003, 21:08 (Ref:656237)   #54
dscwall
Rookie

dscwall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great pictures Zandbak,got any of the Morgan that you would be willing to show us
Old 8 Jul 2003, 22:13 (Ref:656284)   #55
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by dscwall
great pictures Zandbak,got any of the Morgan that you would be willing to show us
Well, I was at work today The pictures are made by VincentDB........he is one of depaddock.net members
Old 9 Jul 2003, 16:46 (Ref:657059)   #56
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a small question: does the weight-penalties also count for this race??
Old 9 Jul 2003, 17:35 (Ref:657105)   #57
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
and maybe a Stealth
Is this the Stealth of Peter v/d Kolk?
Old 9 Jul 2003, 17:39 (Ref:657106)   #58
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Image #30 - I hope that car's doing well.
Oh, and that Mosler! Who cares about Saleens, Mosler is the car I would really like to own!

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 9 Jul 2003, 19:32 (Ref:657243)   #59
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
No it is the Stealth of Laurent van Moerkerke / Bernard de Dryver.

and, uhhh......another site with pics form yesterday's test session: http://users.skynet.be/nascar/spa24/index.htm
Old 9 Jul 2003, 19:48 (Ref:657262)   #60
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jet
I have a small question: does the weight-penalties also count for this race??
I don't think so ..

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:39 (Ref:657524)   #61
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I noticed there is now a wide selection of photos from the Spa test day available in the Photo Gallery section of www.proximus24hours.com Sorry but I cant give a direct link to the page as the URL on the pages dosent change for some parts of the site.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 15:30 (Ref:657983)   #62
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AUTOSPORT magasine today reports that Jean Marc Gounon will be making a one-off appearnce in a Care Racing Ferrari 550. This is apparntly the reason why Van De Pole has been brought into the Konrad line-up. The report also says that Walter Lechner JR could run for Konrad, he was due to test the teams S7R this week.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 16:03 (Ref:658008)   #63
Kurt Maxwell
Racer

Kurt Maxwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This GT stuff from Spa is great.
Thank you for the links to testing pics guys.

KM
ps- is the Pagani actually entered or were they just testing to see if it will go more than 10 laps ?

I do hope they get the car sorted and buld a bunch of copies for other teams to buy.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 16:55 (Ref:658043)   #64
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
Quote:
ps- is the Pagani actually entered or were they just testing to see if it will go more than 10 laps ?
They were just testing.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 17:01 (Ref:658047)   #65
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt Maxwell
This GT stuff from Spa is great.
Thank you for the links to testing pics guys.

KM

I do hope they get the car sorted and buld a bunch of copies for other teams to buy.
Kurt, u might enjoy reading this article. http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...&language_id=1 Its a report from Spa 24hrs test day. All about how the Pagaini faired. And yes Kurt the Pagini is on the offical Provisional entry list.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 10 Jul 2003 at 17:02.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 17:07 (Ref:658053)   #66
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
Quote:
And yes Kurt the Pagini is on the offical Provisional entry list.
Where did you see this SaleenS7R??
Old 10 Jul 2003, 18:53 (Ref:658137)   #67
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Whoops my bad. Sorry I thought I saw it in the National class. Still hopefully it will be there come race day, along with a couple of TVR's.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 18:58 (Ref:658140)   #68
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Pagani isn't entering I'm afraid
Old 11 Jul 2003, 09:54 (Ref:658613)   #69
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
I think we have to wait a year before we see the Pagani at Spa. Along with Maserati (?), a new Viper (?), Ferrari 575 (?), Spyker (?), TVR's (?), ...
The organisation might have a problem in the future: they have said that 60-65 cars are the maximum for this circuit, but with the increasing popularity of this race, maybe they will have to select teams or have a prequalifying??
Old 12 Jul 2003, 05:57 (Ref:659366)   #70
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a little supplement for the entry-list:
Bas Leinders wil replace Deletraz for the #15 Lister Storm
Old 12 Jul 2003, 07:10 (Ref:659382)   #71
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by jet
I think we have to wait a year before we see the Pagani at Spa. Along with Maserati (?), a new Viper (?), Ferrari 575 (?), Spyker (?), TVR's (?), ...
The organisation might have a problem in the future: they have said that 60-65 cars are the maximum for this circuit, but with the increasing popularity of this race, maybe they will have to select teams or have a prequalifying??
The entry limit is 68 cars. I think in the future as it is now priority will be given to FIA GT teams, as it is primarly a FIA GT round. That means 38 cars at most. The other 30 machines will obviously come from British GT, FFSA, Belcar, Spanish GT, Euro GT etc. I guess the organisers will be able to pick and choose the best teams and cars that they want to enter the race for the remaining 30 cars. Just like the ACO do with Le Mans.
Old 12 Jul 2003, 20:07 (Ref:659695)   #72
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Hmmm, I heard today a very interesting rumour at the Zolder circuit.

The contract between Ratel (FIA GT) and Spa runs out this year. The rumour was that Ratel wouldn't renew the contract for 2004 and onwards. 24 Hours races would not be "in spirit" with the FIA GT 3 hour concept.

So Spa could lose it's FIA GT status for the 24 hours....the 24 Hours for GT's would become a stand-a-lone event.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 09:40 (Ref:659936)   #73
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this is true, mr. Ratel must be out of is mind. With the chance of losing teams to the LMES, he should be aware of the fact that the popularity of this race could save his fia-gt serie! Does he really think that a fia-gt serie with the Spa24h is not good for the popularity of the fia-gt?!?
Old 13 Jul 2003, 18:02 (Ref:660116)   #74
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Who says it's Ratel's idea? A "sprint car for 3 hours" is a little bit different to a " 24 hour car"".

Maybe some teams that complain about the costs for this one monster race? I don't know.........time will bring the answer.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 18:21 (Ref:660128)   #75
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Personally I dont belive a word of it. As u say it is only a rumor. The cars are also far from sprint cars, sure the races are only 3hrs long, but the cars are endurance cars and they are meant to compete for 24hrs. How many of the current teams in FIA GT have competed at Le Mans in the last 5 years? Lots I know that much, this series is a endurance sportscar series. Id be extremley suprised if the FIA did drop the Spa 24hrs as part of their programme, particulary when the manufactuers are joining the series. Who no doubt will want to win the GTS class at Le Mans, which means having to run in endurance events.

At face value Id say this is just idle speculation. Or someone just trying to stirr things up a bit, particulary now that Spa is one of the major sportscar races in the world, people may feel a little disgruntled at this. Still maybe Im just being paranoid, but Id be very suprised if the event is dropped by the FIA, they have something very good in their hands at the moment, as well as the best GT championship in the world. Why Jeapordise that? GT racing is Endurance racing, the 2 go hand in hand, if anything Id say the current 3hr races are against the spirit of the form of racing. The races are quite a bit shorter also than say the FIA GT's competition, FIA SCC and the ALMS. Still it will be very dissapointing if the FIA do drop the race but I dont think thats gonna happen.