Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1842930)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano2
I Heard One Of The P.c.r. Cars And Licences Changed Hands..dont Know Who Too...maybe Fernandez?
The powder room suggests that it isnt Mr Fernandez taking the PCR slot...
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 16 Feb 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1842934)   #52
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The powder room suggests that it isnt Mr Fernandez taking the PCR slot...
GTR!!! dont go and deflate my hope....... LOL
Old 16 Feb 2007, 08:47 (Ref:1842939)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why would he want to drive a Porsche when V8Supercar is where his heart is?
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 16 Feb 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1842954)   #54
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
money??!!!or maybe lack of
Old 16 Feb 2007, 09:20 (Ref:1842962)   #55
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Jose wanted a bit of fun
Old 16 Feb 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1842988)   #56
deano2
Racer

if fernandez didnt take the slot who did then G.T.R??
Old 18 Feb 2007, 00:12 (Ref:1844066)   #57
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on who Fitzy is putting in his car this year? Surely with Alex Davison available he would grab him.

It would be a great shame to see Alex end up with nothing for this year.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1844169)   #58
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
& who is paying?

1. TBA
2. Davo
certainly not Fitzy as he wants a driver to pay up.

So 00..8, who did you have in mind?
Old 18 Feb 2007, 08:31 (Ref:1844171)   #59
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Anthony Tratt or GMR this year either.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1844174)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is Mr Richards a certainty to run this year?

The Rally Tasmania result Here suggests that the young pups are gaining here too...
Old 18 Feb 2007, 10:16 (Ref:1844214)   #61
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wait iuntil Steve Ellery shows how a Porsche can be driven Steve is a real talent that should be in the V8 Main game just look at his enduro performance I think that he will dominate the Carrera Cup
Old 18 Feb 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1844818)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Corn
Just wait iuntil Steve Ellery shows how a Porsche can be driven Steve is a real talent that should be in the V8 Main game just look at his enduro performance I think that he will dominate the Carrera Cup
Presuming the car preparation/engineering is up to the task....
Old 18 Feb 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1844866)   #63
deano2
Racer

greg murphy racing will run peter hills i would imagine...so gmr will be there
Old 19 Feb 2007, 00:04 (Ref:1845062)   #64
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Corn
I agree with GTR here. My only concern is that the team is not up to the task. I am an Ellery fan through and through, you only have to check my previous postings and I think you will find that 80% of them are about him, but I am not sure hell dominate. Baird and Reynolds are very fast and don't discount Jim. If Davison gets a seat he will be fast also.

I think Ellery will go well and have a lot of success in Carrera Cup and I look forward to watching him on the track again. Hopefully Sherrin Motorsport can prove me wrong and actually deliver him a car that can win. I have doubts!!!
Old 19 Feb 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1845108)   #65
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sherrin Motorsport have a good complex there and every time i have been past there has been plenty of vehicles there. I don't know what the experience of the staff are but i wouldn't think Mr Sherrin would do things on the cheap considering the investment he has made.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 00:42 (Ref:1845112)   #66
TheMan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Sherrin Motorsport have a good complex there and every time i have been past there has been plenty of vehicles there. I don't know what the experience of the staff are but i wouldn't think Mr Sherrin would do things on the cheap considering the investment he has made.
I am not suggesting he is doing anything "on the cheap", and yes a substantial investmnet has been made, but you must have the right people in the right places to be successfull and I dont think that the engineering side of things there are as good as need be to beat Baird and Co. Thats all I am suggesting. I hope I am wrong!
Old 21 Feb 2007, 00:48 (Ref:1846890)   #67
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stories in todays MN has Marcus Marshall running the Fitzgerald car and Alex Davison a possibility in the Jichards car. Will strengthen the field considerably.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 04:26 (Ref:1846947)   #68
TheMan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Stories in todays MN has Marcus Marshall running the Fitzgerald car and Alex Davison a possibility in the Jichards car. Will strengthen the field considerably.
The Fitzgerald ride was reported to be worth about 250k! Still good to see Marshall on the track, and it would be a huge shame if Davison was not on the grid in any form of racing this season. If this is correct and they are both in then this will only boost the numbers running up the front.

Was at QR yesterday to see the SBR cars and the Sherrin boys turned up after lunch. Ellery and Juniper were both there and I tell you Ellery is looking very fast in these cars. I cant wait for the first round of both V8's and Carrera Cup. Bring on Adelaide!!!
Old 21 Feb 2007, 06:43 (Ref:1846981)   #69
deano2
Racer

if davison takes jimmys drive will it mean jimmys retiring? i hope not jimmy is a legend who can still cut it with the young ones.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1847021)   #70
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Based on 06 can he ?
Old 22 Feb 2007, 04:44 (Ref:1847723)   #71
deano2
Racer

definitely especially as the new testing rules now prevent the young guns from testing several times at every track before a race meeting....remember jimmy doesnt test!
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:01 (Ref:1847739)   #72
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Based on 06 can he ?
You take the cake for stu.......y with this one. Some of your posts are deranged and this is about summing you up. Jim is a genius.. FULL STOP
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:18 (Ref:1847748)   #73
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
testing bans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano2
definitely especially as the new testing rules now prevent the young guns from testing several times at every track before a race meeting....remember jimmy doesnt test!
Limited testing favours the encumbents
&
reduces costs.

Big fan of Jims, & questioning his pace is legit.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:46 (Ref:1847762)   #74
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Why would he want to drive a Porsche when V8Supercar is where his heart is?
Well he didnt do particually well last time, and got the flick , so maybe the lure of racing in absolutly even cars, and demonstrating that he has the ability to race hard, and that it is only the cars that he has driven that have let him down is going to be a spring board back into the lime light.
At least if ya go well in Cup Car, you can say that in even equipment I am just as good. Look at Tratt, he was no where in the V8's and then got into an even car , with just as good a chance as anyone else, probally better as the team had won the last few championships and he demonstrated just how much raw talent he had, and how much the cars he had driven had been influencing his results.

Once he was able to gauge this accuratly, he retired from driving

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:49 (Ref:1847763)   #75
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Limited testing favours the encumbents
&
reduces costs.

Big fan of Jims, & questioning his pace is legit.
Yes, you can never spend to much time making sh=ure you have the right sway bar settings can you, oh, sorry the camber, and toe needs to be spot on too

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic