Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 3 Apr 2006, 06:12 (Ref:1568735)   #51
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking out for you to get shots of the big yellow beastie - seem to have got some half decent shots of most other things in the races on sunday but was gutted not to see ya going round
Old 3 Apr 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1568858)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
We'll be back, trust me:-)
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1568982)   #53
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what are you going to run on the 15th at Brands Al? The black beastie?

Rob.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1568993)   #54
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Rob, thats what I was always intending to run, got a proper motor in that one and it is a lot lighter, too light for the CTRCC championships apart from Classic Thunder which I am going to enter it at Thruxton if it goes OK at Brands. I mean I doubt even that car will be that competitive but the old tub would definitely not be not with the engine that is currently in it in any case.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1569103)   #55
Keith R
Rookie

Keith R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I managed about 5 laps of qualifying when the engine decided it'd had enough . The big end went! So I travelled 170miles for 5 laps and then went home again! That's the often harsh world of motor sport for you!

I'll hopefully be back with a vengeance at Mallory, with a re-built, more powerful engine.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1569120)   #56
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
It certainly is Chris and may teach me not to enter two races on the day, Ok if you an pull out of the second and get a refund but I don't think I will chance it again, it was actually the first time I had entered for two on the day. Shame there cannot be a little more flexibility from the promoters/MSA on this as I remember Lydden and Mondello allowing an extra on the spur race if they had time so it can be done and can only earn the clubs more funds so I think it should be an option (i.e. enter a second race on the day if your car complies and is running even if starting from the rear of the grid).

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1569133)   #57
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
dailysportscar has a review and some pictures of this event online. If you're not a subscriber I think they are currently running a limited free trial.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1569231)   #58
Michael Leete
Rookie

Michael Leete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al in another post you asked what happened to the link to my Snetterton report and pictures. Well the govenor here deleted it because it broke the rules promoting a web site. OK rules are rules and I accept that but I see the post previous to this promotes a site although without a link.

So I will do likewise. You can find my Snetterton stuff by looking up my name - Michael Leete - on Google.

btw - Sorry about the car. I am Neil Brays helper and it was me filling your beast up with oil while you were trying to get her out for Group 1 qualifying.

Michael
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1569293)   #59
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton Great and British 2 april pics

hi folks

well i've taken far too many to post them all - if anyone on here was at great and british let me know and i'll see if i can find some pics of you on the track
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1569311)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh right I remember you, thanks. Why don't you in future just copy and paste the text as a post and link the pictures, it's easy to do and I am sure there would be no objections. I sort of understand the link issues especially if it is rival sites but at the same time there are a lot on here so I am a little confused especially as it was only a little personal site not a commercial site you were linking.

Good meeting though was'nt it?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1569321)   #61
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That wouldn't be correct either under the FAQs, Al - this is a discussion forum and should not be used for posting complete articles and images.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1569331)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I'm even more confused now, sorry I must be a bit simple, I thought posting images was encouraged I personally think it is one of the strongest features of the forums. Surely if someone posts a few pictures it encourages more discussion.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1569337)   #63
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Leete
So I will do likewise. You can find my Snetterton stuff by looking up my name - Michael Leete - on Google.
Rather than be so cryptic why don't you put the webpage address in your profile. That's what it's there for after all.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1569346)   #64
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ian's right you know...I have my own website but I don't plug my website every time I send a post. I'm at a meeting virtually every weekend and all pics are uploaded soon(ish) after each event-I'm sure that other people/photographers will get p****d off if I blatently pushed the site every 5 minutes like some are doing at the moment. I, like many others joined 10 Tenths to read, chat and have a laugh..not for it to be my very own advertising hoarding!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1569349)   #65
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
So why is it OK for certain people, or one person that I can think of to constantly post links to his prints and paintings?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1569353)   #66
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Michael - can I suggest you please read your private messages, and if you have any questions after reading please contact any of the moderator team.

As regards wanting to link to reports, may I refer you to the FAQ:
Quote:
It is acceptable to post a link into a thread where is is appropriate. For instance, should someone ask "Does anyone know the address of the (insert organisation here) website" then a URL posted in response is fine. Links should only be posted to live websites that contain the information referred to.
Therefore, posting it in an existing thread in response to a question is generally fine - making a new thread about a site generally will belong in cool sites. However, joining and only posting about your website will be obviously frowned upon.

Posting reports and photos that assist to a discussion is good, but Ian is right and we currently are a discussion forum, and not a reporting site.

Now, can we please move back to topic?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1569395)   #67
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame you didn't get much running Al. Hope the damage isn't too big.

In my defence, so you can't blame me: I wasn't even near the UK on the weekend.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1569412)   #68
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
At least it was easier to push now Eddy with the new rear calipers:-)
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1569427)   #69
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell you one thing Al, on the 15th I want to see a result, no pushing.
Or no Belgian beer!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1569434)   #70
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Can I have some just for a finish?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1569437)   #71
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Yeah well, okay. Only because you ask so nicely.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1569440)   #72
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well I had better see what I can do them.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1569450)   #73
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Oh dear, customs are going to look veeery funny at me again on that day.

C:Where are you travelling to sir?
Me:Motorracing, at Brands Hatch.
C:And all those crates of beer sir?
Me:Errrrrrr.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1569457)   #74
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did somebody mention beer?

Still no news on the gearbox. Parcel2neverusethemagain!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1569461)   #75
lotus
Rookie

lotus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pics

have you any pics of car 95 post historic thanks