Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Oct 2007, 23:25 (Ref:2041206)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
McLaren were on the way up. Hehehe. Yes, from ten wins in 2005 to zero in 2006, here was a team on a definite upward trajectory!
Ten wins in 2005 was more down to the tyre rules than anything else.From a results point of view it didn't look good I agree,but it was still a quick car,unreliability and bad luck let it down and Alonso seemed to be pretty well satisfied that all that was being done to put it right was in place.So just like Renault this season they had taken a backward step,but had the know how to get it back on track again.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 11:56 (Ref:2042604)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
The STR is a rather bad car to show off a talent as it gets a lot of DNFs.
Don't say that or Mr Bourdais won't leave ChampCar!!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 23:37 (Ref:2043211)   #53
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Don't say that or Mr Bourdais won't leave ChampCar!!
the reputation of one of Bourdais or Vettel could be quite different by the end of next year!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 23:52 (Ref:2043216)   #54
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Have I missed anything?
Old 18 Oct 2007, 00:50 (Ref:2043233)   #55
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think STR is a good place to be next year for Vettel. He is a promising talent - and we all knew that pre-STR because he was a BMW tester and he drove a sound race in the States. Now Adrian Newey's skill appears to be showing in the performance that the STR drivers can extract from his car, so maybe next year there'll be a significant performance increase. And certainly I think Vettel can take Webber AND Coulthard. Bourdais maybe could, too, once he's settled. In a year or few Vettel might not need McLaren to become a winner. He has Red Bull money, Newey's cars and his own talent - which is big enough, I'm quite sure.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 07:51 (Ref:2043313)   #56
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy
He has Red Bull money, Newey's cars and his own talent - which is big enough, I'm quite sure.
Money and talent he may have,but I'm not sure he'll be driving anything that has anything to do with Adrian Newey's hand.

Certainly it will be deemed that this years car is a RedBull (and therefore illegal) and will not be available for use next year either unless it undergoes some serious modifications.At present customer cars are not allowed and this is causing problems for a number of teams.

However,Vettel and Bourdais will be able to battle it out on track with whatever STR can throw together.