Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Should the main game drivers stay in their regular cars in the enduros??
Yes 37 52.86%
No 27 38.57%
Dont Care 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Dec 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2598038)   #51
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Shame really, takes away some of the shine that makes Bathurst different from the regular series.

Having 16 top drivers out there on the last lap doesn't matter if nobody is watching the 'fight' for 15th. Let's be honest, on lap 161 everyone is either fighting for first, fighting for podium, or just trying to punt it home.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2598406)   #52
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if it's a good thing or not. I certainly wouldn't want a guy who didn't drive these things on a regular basis in my car at Bathurst. On the other hand, it allows ALL championship drivers the chance to spend as much time as possible in their own cars.
I think the Fujitsu series will have a few new drivers in it next year with main game support. Kelly Racing and GRM have already publically showed interest in the idea for 2010. Now it might be a necessity.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 12 Dec 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2598439)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very disappointing and detracts even more from a once great race.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2598479)   #54
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised so many "Racing Fans" are opposed to this. If nothing else it will force the decision makers to look at talent as much as how much $upport they can bring to the table.

What is the story for the additional cars from Fuji series?
Old 12 Dec 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2598484)   #55
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quiet possibly the best rule ever made. More support for the Development Series . All cars in the enduros are now contenders instead of teams selling their second cars to those with cash they now need to find someone that can actually drive. Stops the approach of some teams getting organised the weekend before as some teams do believe it or not this will now force them to make a decision on a co driver early in the year and foster them. Guys such as Cam McConville can now walk away from a full time drive a bit easier knowing that a good enduro drive is available. Can't see too many downsides . Another positive is the effect it will have on the championship takes care of the two dead events where teammates score equal to each other.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2598625)   #56
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
It was only a few years ago that there was a lot of controversy about teams putting both their guns in one car. Many having a go at Vesa for allowing it to happen.

Don't think that its a bad thing personally, as it may add something to the middle stints. Reckon that you could guarantee that all the regulars will be in the cars for the run to the flag.

Bathurst is already very important to all the teams but this now means that the championship could well swing on the two enduros - a DNF at either is going to be pretty difficult to overcome.

If it means more opportunities for potential co-drivers and alliances with development series teams then that is a good thing too.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2598711)   #57
DRG
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
DRG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This decision could have major championship implications - if one of the Championship contender's co-driver puts the car into the wall in one of ( or both ) the enduro events then potentially over 500 points have gone down the drain for the regular driver. Perhaps another argument that this new rule should see to it that PI/Bathurst are not included as part of the Championship.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2598716)   #58
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
This decision could have major championship implications - if one of the Championship contender's co-driver puts the car into the wall in one of ( or both ) the enduro events then potentially over 500 points have gone down the drain for the regular driver. Perhaps another argument that this new rule should see to it that PI/Bathurst are not included as part of the Championship.
Are the points changing next year, or did you mean 'potentially 600'?
Old 13 Dec 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2598741)   #59
Jacob Black
Rookie

Jacob Black should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The biggest thing I don't like, is that guys like Caruso and Holdsworth won't run together, and I like seeing mates run at Bathurst. Also, no Kelly Brothers in the same car. So no chance of a fairytale brother's win.

Apart from that, I quite like it.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2598794)   #60
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Black View Post
The biggest thing I don't like, is that guys like Caruso and Holdsworth won't run together, and I like seeing mates run at Bathurst. Also, no Kelly Brothers in the same car. So no chance of a fairytale brother's win.

Apart from that, I quite like it.
But according to some of the reporting, they CAN run together - but only one of them will score points. By then they'll have a pretty good idea if they are anywhere within a shout of the championship & will be able to weigh up the decision.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2598821)   #61
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can now see why Tim Edwards is so for it, FPR will have at least one driver (maybe 2) so far out of the championship they can still combine their main drivers for the enduros with no worries. Who cares if one driver doesn't score points from 20th or so in the championship.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2598868)   #62
DRG
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
DRG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Are the points changing next year, or did you mean 'potentially 600'?
Sorry, you are correct - I was only considering the "500" at PI ( worth 200 pts ), didn't allow for the two Saturday races for each driver ( 50 pts each )....
Old 13 Dec 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2599059)   #63
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
But according to some of the reporting, they CAN run together - but only one of them will score points. By then they'll have a pretty good idea if they are anywhere within a shout of the championship & will be able to weigh up the decision.
But that option has never been mentioned by any of the complaining drivers so far, or by anyone else who should be in the know, so I would suspect that it is just a false rumour.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2599108)   #64
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
But that option has never been mentioned by any of the complaining drivers so far, or by anyone else who should be in the know, so I would suspect that it is just a false rumour.
Could be - we'll have to wait & see what the actual rule says.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2599140)   #65
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The more I think about it, the more I hate this rule - and the more I think all of those for it are wrong...

Give me Tander and Davison, Lowndes and Whincup, Courtney and Johnson, Kelly and Kelly, Ingall and Murphy, Holdsworth and Caruso, Winterbottom and Richards going flat-out, head-to-head all day for 161 laps any day...

No breaks, no respite, no pauses in the action... just flat-out and balls-to-the-wall all day... the best drivers trying to tame ferocious cars on a ferocious circuit... he who blinks breaks...

When Ritter, Besnard and Noske all went within a whisker of winning last year's race there can't be too much wrong with the arrangement.

And I can see a pattern emerging... lead driver starts, does long stint, switches to co-driver for boring and safe middle stint, before putting lead driver back in for the finish. Minimal unpredictability, maximum boredom as every team does the same thing...

Also, after Ingall whined so much about it last year, I wonder what his thoughts are about the rule now... PMM are unlikely to be able to compete with the Triple 8s, WPs and FPRs of the world for the best enduro drivers, and if they do get a good one there is every chance they would be put with Murphy... leaving a high possibility of Ingall once again driving with a Tim Slade/ Owen Kelly type...

If the rule remained the same, Ingall would be paired with noted Mountain Meister Greg Murphy...

I know what I would prefer.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2599144)   #66
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
Great decision, plenty of overseas drivers in the 2010 enduro rounds though.
Is that a bad thing? Don't you like top-level drivers from around the globe to take part of your races alongside the best drivers from down under? Besides, if Argentines can attract Alain Menu and Jacques Villeneuve, you can surely get great drivers.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 00:09 (Ref:2599154)   #67
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Is that a bad thing? Don't you like top-level drivers from around the globe to take part of your races alongside the best drivers from down under? Besides, if Argentines can attract Alain Menu and Jacques Villeneuve, you can surely get great drivers.
We love having them here. How many have tamed our cars and the circuit is another story all together (not many infact)

One for the stat keepers, whats the highest place finish an international has gotten at Bathurst? And to compare apples with oranges, how many have had DNFs through non mechanical failures?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2599159)   #68
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
It was only a few years ago that there was a lot of controversy about teams putting both their guns in one car.
Its been happening since the inception of the race. Not sure why anyone would be having a go at anyone.

The 2 a drivers only begun spiltting themselves between when V8SA implemented Sandown and Bathurst into the championship - another horrible decision.

This is an example of bad decisions breeding worse decisions.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2599163)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We love having them here. How many have tamed our cars and the circuit is another story all together (not many infact)

One for the stat keepers, whats the highest place finish an international has gotten at Bathurst? And to compare apples with oranges, how many have had DNFs through non mechanical failures?
1977, Hardie-Ferodo Bathurst 1000
Winners: A.Moffat/J.Ickx
Old 14 Dec 2009, 01:20 (Ref:2599175)   #70
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes and Muller Looked Strong Until the Rogue Wheel Installed Full Air Conditioning a few years back
Old 14 Dec 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2599198)   #71
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
wasn't there a black Sierra that won driven by a couple of Imports once? before the disqualification of course
Old 14 Dec 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2599199)   #72
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winners

1976 - Bob Morris/John Fitzpatrick
1985 - John Goss/Armin Hahne
1987 - Steve Soper/Pierre Duedonne (Forgive the spelling) (Later disqualified)
1990 - Allan Grice/Win Percy

Anders Oloffssen made it onto the podium

Ludwig & Niedzwietz (Forgive the spelling) have also put their cars on pole

So there have been some fair steerers from OS who have done well at Bathurst. Also a lot who haven't done well though.

Tommy Kendall was the biggest surprise for me. Aquitted himself very well for a yank, but then never returned.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 02:52 (Ref:2599202)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1966 Bob Holden/Rauno Aaltonen
Old 14 Dec 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2599213)   #74
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
2004 - Greg Murphy/Rick Kelly.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 03:35 (Ref:2599216)   #75
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
2004 - Greg Murphy/Rick Kelly.
Which one of those was an international? Both were full time drivers.......gooooood try tho