Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2009, 03:35 (Ref:2586192)   #51
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the year Ferrari had, there is no way in hell that they would allow Michael out of his contract to race for the competition. If Michael comes back to race ever, it will be in a Ferrari.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 04:50 (Ref:2586200)   #52
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The only pairing that would really give pause to the competition is Sebi Vettel and Nico Rosberg...... What are the chances??? Money being no object I would assume.......
Old 21 Nov 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2586214)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He also said: "and this is the third placed car about to lap the second placed car".
And "Unless I am very much mistaken, I am very much mistaken."
Old 21 Nov 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2586288)   #54
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
That's it Peter, I've another to add to the list now:
Murray Walker back to the BBC!
Old 21 Nov 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2586338)   #55
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eddie Jordan says on the BBC website that MS's contract was recently amended to be one of just a promotional nature.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2586343)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
That's it Peter, I've another to add to the list now:
Murray Walker back to the BBC!
Can he please replace Mr Legard? Please. Please. Pretty Please!

I like my 'castle built on wind' in the silly season thread, Mr Webber to Brawn/MBF1, Mr Raikonnen to RBR/MB, and with this new news, Mr Schumacher to remain in obscurity...
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2586455)   #57
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Mercedes spokesman says no drive with Merc for TGF.

"It's clear that there will always be speculation as long as one cockpit is still free," a spokesman for Mercedes, as quoted by Reuters, said on Saturday, "and some speculations are nothing but dreams which will not come true."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...drive-with-us/

And, as the article says, we should also remember that Rosberg hasn't signed for the team yet!

Last edited by Marbot; 21 Nov 2009 at 15:09.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2586459)   #58
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, then if they were suggesting surprises, I guess they're going to catch us by surprise and announce an all-star line-up of Kazuki Nakajima and Nelson Piquet Jr
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2586462)   #59
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Well, then if they were suggesting surprises, I guess they're going to catch us by surprise and announce an all-star line-up of Kazuki Nakajima and Nelson Piquet Jr
And what could be more "surprising" than that.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2586466)   #60
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I will Kimi will have this seat in the end, it is the best option for Mercedes as they are left in a bit of a bind right now..
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2586468)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I will Kimi will have this seat in the end, it is the best option for Mercedes as they are left in a bit of a bind right now..
I think that Mercedes will be waiting to see what Renault does first. Kubica is potentially a better bet.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...-for-mercedes/
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2586470)   #62
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Right I read that also, while I have huge respect for Joe Saward I think Kimi is the better bet out of the two drivers..
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2586476)   #63
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Renault are waiting to see what financial penalty will be levied at Toyota for leaving F1. If it's non-existent or negligible, then Renault could leave, and then Kubica is a free agent. Maybe this is what the waiting is all about?
Old 21 Nov 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2586479)   #64
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I understand what you are saying..
Old 21 Nov 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2586681)   #65
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that Mercedes will be waiting to see what Renault does first. Kubica is potentially a better bet.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...-for-mercedes/
This the Joe Saward who never saw the Button to McLaren switch coming, I presume...?
Old 22 Nov 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2586752)   #66
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
This the Joe Saward who never saw the Button to McLaren switch coming, I presume...?
It could be the very same. I'll just go and check the spelling.

Fortunately he happened to be corrected by Alan Henry, who did get it right. That's the value of having people that are "in the know".

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...ng-to-mclaren/
Old 22 Nov 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2587089)   #67
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It could be the very same. I'll just go and check the spelling.

Fortunately he happened to be corrected by Alan Henry, who did get it right. That's the value of having people that are "in the know".

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...ng-to-mclaren/
Not before everyone else had already trigged on!

Anyway, this is off topic. I jsut wondered why people kept using his articles as "evidence" when to me at least, it doesn't seem a very reliable source. But who am I to critisize?
Old 22 Nov 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2587103)   #68
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Bernie was on BBC Radio Five Live this morning, and basicly said that it was highly unlikely that Schumacher would return to F1, as much as he would like it to happen. He had too much to lose and not enough to gain by doing so, in his opinion.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2587116)   #69
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bernie was on BBC Radio Five Live this morning, and basicly said that it was highly unlikely that Schumacher would return to F1, as much as he would like it to happen. He had too much to lose and not enough to gain by doing so, in his opinion.
Bernie say's it's highly unlikely... so he's returning then
Old 22 Nov 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2587150)   #70
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces View Post
Bernie is usually fairly accurate with his predictions, usually because he has better connections than most.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2587279)   #71
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bernie is usually fairly accurate with his predictions, usually because he has better connections than most.
Er, added to the fact that Schuey himself has said he won't be doing it!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2587284)   #72
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I've never heard anything from the man himself yet, only his spokeswoman. Who said that it's: "unlikely" and "never say never".
Old 22 Nov 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2587405)   #73
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Quote:
I've never heard anything from the man himself yet, only his spokeswoman. Who said that it's: "unlikely" and "never say never".
If Bernie says it won't happen, believe it, it won't. That's the guy who would profit most with that one.

The rumours are good advertisement to everyone, so it won't go away so easily. His spokeman always will give a "to be continued" thought whenever asked about it.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2587783)   #74
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eddie Jordan must be really proud that he's managed to create such a pervasive rumour based on little more than him "seeing Brawn, Haug and Schumacher in deep conversation at Abu Dhabi."
Old 23 Nov 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2587809)   #75
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Eddie Jordan must be really proud that he's managed to create such a pervasive rumour based on little more than him "seeing Brawn, Haug and Schumacher in deep conversation at Abu Dhabi."
He's probably enjoying the silly season just as much as we are