Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:10 (Ref:2612536)   #51
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
I have been trying so many different companies for sponsorship for different categories, V8Utes and Fujitsu mainly, with no luck. Cadbury/Schwepps, various other drink and food companies, the issue here surrounds the Pourage rights at events and that teams aren't allowed/supposed to give out competiters products at the event. I have also tried various chain stores, IGA, Eagle Boys and Pizza Hut to name a few, all with no success. It's well and good to say that FMCG is the way to go but if they aren't interested what is one to do!
So basically to get FMCG onto the cars, we'd have to get VESA to give up its exclusivity, "Official FMCG of the V8 Supercar Championship Series" cash earners?

Good luck with that.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:12 (Ref:2612537)   #52
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eagle Boys...
If I'm right, Eagle Boys is part of the Palmer group of companies. After the whole PROCAR thing, I very much doubt they would be interested, plus margins are pretty tight in the pizza business these days.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:21 (Ref:2612540)   #53
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
So basically to get FMCG onto the cars, we'd have to get VESA to give up its exclusivity, "Official FMCG of the V8 Supercar Championship Series" cash earners?

Good luck with that.
No we don't have to get them to give up the exclusivity of it, at the end of the day, Coke for example, pay V8SA to be the Official Soft Drink supplier to the series which gives them the right to be the only one SELLING product at an event, the issue for me, and some of the companies I have approached, is that they can't even GIVE out a sample at the track, so a lot of the FMCG's don't even look at it as they know they can't use it as a platform to launch a new product etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
If I'm right, Eagle Boys is part of the Palmer group of companies. After the whole PROCAR thing, I very much doubt they would be interested, plus margins are pretty tight in the pizza business these days.
Not sure on the ownership side of things, but when I spoke to their marketing department they where very interested in seeing our proposal package and where impressed by it, but they rejected it in the end as they wanted to go in a 'different direction'.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:47 (Ref:2612548)   #54
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
No we don't have to get them to give up the exclusivity of it, at the end of the day, Coke for example, pay V8SA to be the Official Soft Drink supplier to the series which gives them the right to be the only one SELLING product at an event, the issue for me, and some of the companies I have approached, is that they can't even GIVE out a sample at the track, so a lot of the FMCG's don't even look at it as they know they can't use it as a platform to launch a new product etc.
I would have assumed that as complete venue exclusivity (to the point of prevention of potential rivals form handing out samples) would be part of the package that Coke and XXXX and others would demand at the venues.

So I would have thought it still comes back to VESA giving up some of their advertising earnings.

I wonder if it might get to the point that track's own catering facilities would be shut down in order that KFC might exploit it's official burger status be asking for exclusive catering rights. Might be amusing at Indy where a Red Rooster sits very prominently right beside the track.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:51 (Ref:2612550)   #55
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
I would have assumed that as complete venue exclusivity (to the point of prevention of potential rivals form handing out samples) would be part of the package that Coke and XXXX and others would demand at the venues.

So I would have thought it still comes back to VESA giving up some of their advertising earnings.

I wonder if it might get to the point that track's own catering facilities would be shut down in order that KFC might exploit it's official burger status be asking for exclusive catering rights. Might be amusing at Indy where a Red Rooster sits very prominently right beside the track.
Also at Bathurst where they have a Mobile one set up on the outside of Pit Straight behind the grandstand.

Either way V8SA Can't expect FMCG's to get on board when it is them themselves that are hampering it.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2612901)   #56
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
...... plus margins are pretty tight in the pizza business these days.
It wasn't that long ago that Dominos sponsored 888 as part of a recruitment drive program for delivery drivers.

Lowndes and Winky would on the odd occasion turn up on your doorstep with your pizza delivery
Old 14 Jan 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2613168)   #57
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Hahaha. I hate that ad so much. On top of the fact that none of it makes motorsport sense - what are the race team doing with a woman who can't press a button because she has a headache?
Danica Patrick's future?
Old 14 Jan 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2613547)   #58
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we please have FMCG in our sport in a big way so we can have quotes from our drivers like this beauty from Marcos Ambrose:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedcafe
“I’ve always been a big fan of Bush’s Baked Beans. Because I love the outdoors, I really enjoying firing up the grill with my family and we always include Bush’s Baked Beans as a side item after we finish up grilling with Kingsford Charcoal. It doesn’t matter if we are at home or at the track, grilling is a great experience all season long.”
Not to be outdone, the team owner, Tad Geschickter, got in on the game. Can you imagine Paul Morris saying something like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedcafe
“It fits really well with our partner Kingsford Charcoal. You need Bush’s Baked Beans on the side of your plate for every grilling occasion."
Article here: http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/01/...-five-in-2010/
Old 14 Jan 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2613594)   #59
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul Morris would be more like:

When I need a bit of extra boost on the track I'm glad I had Bush's Baked Beans for breakfast!
Old 15 Jan 2010, 04:53 (Ref:2613670)   #60
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
Can we please have FMCG in our sport in a big way so we can have quotes from our drivers like this beauty from Marcos Ambrose:

Not to be outdone, the team owner, Tad Geschickter, got in on the game. Can you imagine Paul Morris saying something like:

Article here: http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/01/...-five-in-2010/
Sounds like a HRT press release:vomit:
Old 16 Jan 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2614405)   #61
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm glad Marcos knows how to read a script
Old 11 Feb 2010, 05:08 (Ref:2631163)   #62
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mars to AFL

Mars have signed a three (3) year sponsorship deal with Melbourne based AFL club Carlton (co sponsor with Hyundai):

"MARS has a long history of supporting sport at both grass roots and elite level and have been involved with AFL players and clubs for many years. This new sponsorship is by far the biggest AFL involvement we have had and it is appropriate that we partner with Carlton, one of the biggest names in Australian sport," Peter West, General Manager Mars Snackfood, said.

"We have been manufacturing MARS Bars in Australia for over 30 years and the heritage of our brand has always been around celebrating active lifestyles as expressed in the Work Rest Play campaign. This partnership is a natural fit for the MARS brand and will further promote an active lifestyle."

MARS was involved in one of the more memorable publicity stunts in AFL history when the Blues wore a light blue outfit for a match in 1997 as part of the launch of a new product.

It was the first time a club has changed its colours for the sake of a sponsor's promotion and drew mixed reaction from fans.
http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-displ...-on-mars-85581
Old 28 Feb 2010, 22:32 (Ref:2642270)   #63
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more spin from the VESA bunker ... ??

V8 Supercar bosses widen net for sponsors

V8 Supercar executives and team bosses believe the sport is within reach of signing major consumer goods companies such as Procter & Gamble and Unilever as it moves to diversify its income base beyond telecommunications, alcohol and the automotive industry.
It has become a holy grail for the series to develop new revenue streams and attract international sponsors keen to tap into its growing appeal.

Last year, Ford Performance Racing focused heavily on luring a consumer goods company after learning Castrol would be reducing its support for the team, but ultimately signed a deal with Dunlop Tyre Dealers network.

But FPR commercial director Mark Roworth said the team would continue to chase a consumer goods sponsors.

The head of the sport, Tony Cochrane, believes the stage has now been set to sell V8 as an advertising hoarding outside of Australia.

With the first two rounds of the series played out in the Middle East, several teams used the opportunity to carry signage for sponsors with operations in the region.

Kelly Racing took on locally based razor company Super Max -- a move that also reflected the sport's interest in luring consumer goods advertising.

& more
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225835365088
Old 28 Feb 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2642282)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually I was wondering why Dunlop didnt use its Beaurepaires branding on the #6 car, I mean its more well known than the 'SuperDealer' franchise
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Mar 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2642405)   #65
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Actually I was wondering why Dunlop didnt use its Beaurepaires branding on the #6 car, I mean its more well known than the 'SuperDealer' franchise
Maybe that's precisely why. Notice Beaurepairs TV adds have dropped away?
Old 6 Apr 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2667940)   #66
A-A
Rookie

A-A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going back over old ground, Any whispers if any teams have been knocking on Woolies door for sponsorship from their new hardware operations?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/busi...0406-rpi9.html

As the US hardware chain Lowes is involved, and they sponsor both teams and events in the US, maybe the marketing people might suggest a similar tack?

Might even drag Wesfarmers into the market as well?
Old 7 Apr 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2668016)   #67
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-A View Post
Might even drag Wesfarmers into the market as well?
i hope so, it would then give credence to my Fantasy Team sponsorship
Old 7 Apr 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2668112)   #68
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unlikely to see either Woolworths or Wesfarmers enter into any motorsport sponsorship within at least the next 10 years.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2668127)   #69
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
Unlikely to see either Woolworths or Wesfarmers enter into any motorsport sponsorship within at least the next 10 years.

based on................ ?? what..?? exactly ???
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2668384)   #70
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 seperate lines to both companies. One from inside, the other as formal approaches for any form of sponsorship for a national sport.

IOW - they are not interested in getting involved in sporting sponsorship(s) with current management regimes in place.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2668406)   #71
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-A View Post
Any whispers if any teams have been knocking on Woolies door for sponsorship
They can try, but I don't have that sort of money.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2668545)   #72
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
2 seperate lines to both companies. One from inside, the other as formal approaches for any form of sponsorship for a national sport.

IOW - they are not interested in getting involved in sporting sponsorship(s) with current management regimes in place.

You appear to be confident that the 'current management regimes' of both companies (and their subsidiaries?) will be in place for 'at least the next 10 years' ? - I'd be amazed if any large public company could achieve (or want to achieve) that!

IIRC - there was a bit of Dick Smith sponsorship (wholly owned by Woolies) around in the Fujitsu Series (08?) - with the current management regime in situ.

(IOW - ? I'm not familiar with - please enlighten me)
Old 8 Apr 2010, 01:14 (Ref:2668568)   #73
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Think IOW is "in other words".

I can't speak for all Wesfarmers subsidiaries but I know from personal experience that Bunnings have a firm policy of not sponsoring motor sport (amongst other things). Could that change? Anything is possible I guess.

Mind you, they seem happy enough to advertise during the TV broadcasts of motor sport so they like the demographic - just don't want to invest into the sport clearly.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 03:48 (Ref:2668616)   #74
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Think IOW is "in other words".

I can't speak for all Wesfarmers subsidiaries but I know from personal experience that Bunnings have a firm policy of not sponsoring motor sport (amongst other things). Could that change? Anything is possible I guess.

Mind you, they seem happy enough to advertise during the TV broadcasts of motor sport so they like the demographic - just don't want to invest into the sport clearly.
Yeah Bunnings WONT sponsor anyone, I have tried and they have told me the only thing they will sponsor is charities and community based projects.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 06:48 (Ref:2668632)   #75
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
IIRC - there was a bit of Dick Smith sponsorship (wholly owned by Woolies) around in the Fujitsu Series (08?) - with the current management regime in situ.
don't forget a certain pushbike race late last year...