Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Nov 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2983942)   #51
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Is that Ford V8 eligible for LMP2?
Old 10 Nov 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2983966)   #52
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is if it is based on the 5.0l V8 Ford uses in their road cars.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2984010)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
This also says they are hoping to sell a chassis to be run at Le Mans in 2012. I don't know if they are hoping to sell a car to a partner or what that statement means exactly. Maybe there is another team in the mix. I don't know.
I was also slightly confused by that statement. I thought they were going to run the car by themselves - even if they get help from an existing team.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2984512)   #54
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The Bailey boys have made a very wise choice using that engine, I'm assuming its a single cam push-rod engine, if so it will be very compact, low c of g and a mountain of torque with ample power, if its done properly I would expect it to be comparable in performance to the 4.5L Nissan V8, which is currently the benchmark LMP2 engine..........if sounds are anything to go by it should do the job!!! - love it.......best of luck to the bailey boys, hope they eventually make it to LM.

RHS engines are aparrently a US V8 tuning firm of significant note, see the link here........racing head service, now theres a name to think about :-/

http://www.racingheadservice.com/

Old 17 Nov 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2987981)   #55
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E-I has a story and some pictures from the latest Bailey test. What is interesting is that the article says they ran a Cosworth V8 in the test. Is the RHS Ford 5l V8 a Cosworth design or what? Or are they talking about a different engine altogether? I believe they tested with a 2l AER earlier as well. Anyway, Boulay says a Judd or Nissan could power the Bailey later on. I'm not sure if he is saying that customer teams could use those engines or what exactly.

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-8808.html
Old 24 Nov 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2990991)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
that first vid has Sbarda Sport , followed up by the driver names . Is that a new team or what ?
Old 24 Nov 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2990993)   #58
Lppiesaudi
Rookie

Lppiesaudi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The team Sbarda Sport and three of its drivers came to South Africa to test the car, they are looking at purchasing one of the Bailey cars to compete in Europe.

Last edited by Lppiesaudi; 24 Nov 2011 at 21:40.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2991000)   #59
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
that first vid has Sbarda Sport , followed up by the driver names . Is that a new team or what ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lppiesaudi View Post
The team Sbarda Sport and three of its drivers came to South Africa to test the car, they are looking at purchasing one of the Bailey cars to compete in Europe.
Sbarta Sport- they originally announced plans about a year ago to run an ORECA this season, but then postponed them for some reason
http://www.planetlemans.com/2010/11/...new-lmp2-team/
Old 24 Nov 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2991043)   #60
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lppiesaudi View Post
Oh , cool ..... I hope that car works well , as it sounds just gorgeous !!!
Old 25 Nov 2011, 07:42 (Ref:2991134)   #61
Lppiesaudi
Rookie

I am South African and I cannot describe how much I want this project to be a success and for the car to compete at Le Mans.
However one question does come to mind, why would a team who have planned to run a Oreca LMP2 (a well developed car and from 2011 results a successful one too) suddenly decide to be the first team to run a unproven car from a manufacturer that are building a full LMP2 car for the first time.

www.facebook.com/Sbarta.Sport

That said, I still hope the car makes it. Its ultimate pace remains to be seen, but it will be great if a European team can race one of the Bailey chassis.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2991140)   #62
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
It's certainly a brave move- could be that they prefer the idea of building a strong relationship with a new chassis manufacturer to being just one of a number of Oreca customers?
Old 25 Nov 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2991152)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could be argued that there is value to be taken from differentiating yourself. But then again I'd say that probably works best in the GT ranks where the cars are more noticeably different. Something tells me the ACO would be quite happy to hand Sbarta an entry for LM if they committed to an LMS season.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2991153)   #64
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MONEY.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2991176)   #65
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really hope we see this car, for the looks as much as having an African entry at La Sarthe.

The car looks like it could be the quirky C2 car that lasted 2 laps in the 1985 running of Le Mans that now sits as a diecast model in your dining room.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2991236)   #66
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It could be argued that there is value to be taken from differentiating yourself. But then again I'd say that probably works best in the GT ranks where the cars are more noticeably different. Something tells me the ACO would be quite happy to hand Sbarta an entry for LM if they committed to an LMS season.
...and based on that logic, I suspect the combination of being a French team and running something other than yet another Oreca or Lola might give them an even stronger hand.

I guess you could argue that being the main, if not only, European customer for the car might give you better support from the manufacturer than being just another Lola/Oreca/whoever customer, though I suppose you have to balance that against Bailey maybe having less money for development than the other LMP2 chassis manufacturers, and being based away from the 'mainstream' in S. Africa.

...plus., as tux suggests, money. How does the price compare with the other LMP2 alternatives on offer? A cheaper package, with the chance of being first in line for any support from the manufacturer, plus the possibility that running something different might get you a spot on the grid that being the 15th Lola on the list of Le Mans entry applications entries might not, could all add up to attractive reasons for a new team to take the risk of a new and relatively unknown quantity of a car
Old 27 Nov 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2991937)   #67
Lppiesaudi
Rookie

An interesting image posted today by Sbarta-Sport:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
Old 28 Nov 2011, 05:40 (Ref:2992286)   #68
The Badger
Veteran

Perhaps a little premature , but yeah , I can see one of these at Le Mans with a bit of luck .
Old 28 Nov 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2992483)   #69
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Perhaps a little premature , but yeah , I can see one of these at Le Mans with a bit of luck .
If the car is ready, it will be there .
Old 13 Dec 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2999454)   #70
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9014.html
Sbarta Sport is testing the Bailey LMP2 in South Africa. They're hoping to purchase one for the 2012 LMS. Also, a South African LMP2 team using the Bailey could be in the works.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2999791)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Would be nice to see Wayne Taylor running a car in ALMS.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 12:16 (Ref:3000173)   #72
The Badger
Veteran

Yes it certainly would . Be nice to see Sbarta & Bailey combine their efforts for a 2 car ELMS squad too .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9013.html
Old 11 Jun 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3089208)   #73
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The car was displayed today at Le Mans:

source: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-11331.html

Last edited by gwyllion; 11 Jun 2012 at 19:51.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3089280)   #74
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Nice looking car, and a particularly appealing livery.

See on DSC's coverage of the car showing up at Le Mans, they comment that it's no longer legal. Aside from the big holes can anyone shed any light on what's non compliant about it?
Old 11 Jun 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3089292)   #75
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reminds me of the Aquila race car in that livery