Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Aug 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3121497)   #51
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Captain Skinhead gets a taste of his own medicine.
Old 18 Aug 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3121499)   #52
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Justin Allgaier, passing Jacques Villeneuve on the last lap to pick up his first road course victory
Old 18 Aug 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3121509)   #53
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I first want to say I couldnt post in this thread because I was too nervous and excited but here I am late..

First off, congratulations to Justin Allgaier for the win. The happiest moment was when he pushed Jacques Villenueve out of his way. JV deserved it. Way to go Justin!

Second, Danica would of won this race had it not been for mechanical issues. She ran a fantastic race ! Running over that shoe was the beginning of the end. What are the chances of that ? I would like to find whoever threw that out there and um....well, nevermind!

Third, NASCAR did all they could do to get Jacques that win by knowing he was low on fuel so they throw that caution out when Mike Wallace spun. He got turned around and went on, no debris on the track but they called a yellow. Again, another completely BOGUS caution. If the Hornish and McDowell crash didnt cause a yellow, no way that Wallace spin should have.

That caution with Mike Wallace completely changed the outcome of this race. There were only like 11 laps left and everyone was pretty much spread out and none of those wild starts would of happened causing additional yellows.

And last but not least, Jacques Villenueve should not be allowed to race in the Nationwide Series again. He intentionally punted Alex Tagliani out of his way, completely uncalled for. This guy shows no class and doesnt care who he takes out as long as its to his advantage. May we never see him again on the track with the series.
Old 19 Aug 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3121685)   #54
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Nascar did everything they could to get him to win by adding laps upon laps when he was already marginal on fuel. As for Jacques having no class, in the race I was watching, he was only in 2nd because he had been pushed from behind in a classless move. Not sure what race you were watching, but it must have been rose tinted.
Old 19 Aug 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3121707)   #55
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
I first want to say I couldnt post in this thread because I was too nervous and excited but here I am late..

First off, congratulations to Justin Allgaier for the win. The happiest moment was when he pushed Jacques Villenueve out of his way. JV deserved it. Way to go Justin!

Second, Danica would of won this race had it not been for mechanical issues. She ran a fantastic race ! Running over that shoe was the beginning of the end. What are the chances of that ? I would like to find whoever threw that out there and um....well, nevermind!

Third, NASCAR did all they could do to get Jacques that win by knowing he was low on fuel so they throw that caution out when Mike Wallace spun. He got turned around and went on, no debris on the track but they called a yellow. Again, another completely BOGUS caution. If the Hornish and McDowell crash didnt cause a yellow, no way that Wallace spin should have.

That caution with Mike Wallace completely changed the outcome of this race. There were only like 11 laps left and everyone was pretty much spread out and none of those wild starts would of happened causing additional yellows.

And last but not least, Jacques Villenueve should not be allowed to race in the Nationwide Series again. He intentionally punted Alex Tagliani out of his way, completely uncalled for. This guy shows no class and doesnt care who he takes out as long as its to his advantage. May we never see him again on the track with the series.
Nooooooo! we dont want him in our V8's either, let him stay! the guy has obvious talent...but he doesnt race fair , and deserved to get hit.
Old 19 Aug 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3121709)   #56
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Captain Skinhead gets a taste of his own medicine.

just a quick question, why dont they race the sprint cup here?

Last edited by FAS33; 19 Aug 2012 at 10:33.
Old 19 Aug 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3121734)   #57
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I actually thought NASCAR conspired to prevent Harpoon Jacques from winning. But I won't argue the point.

The thing is if Torpedo Tagliani and Harpoon Jacques imagine themselves at a race track like Ron Fellows does rather than at a ten-pin bowling alley they might find themselves winning at a few of these tracks.

Last edited by Paradise City; 19 Aug 2012 at 11:45.
Old 19 Aug 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3121735)   #58
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Running over that shoe was the beginning of the end. What are the chances of that ? I would like to find whoever threw that out there and um....well, nevermind!
I would love to see you catch the shoe thrower - poor Danica can't take a trick lately & I do feel for her... Villeneuve, lost so much respect for him, punting anyone out of the way then having a sook when he goes slow on the final lap & gets run over - go away Jacques

Congrats to Allgaier on the win
Old 20 Aug 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3122334)   #59
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, i did find it extremely funny when 'Jock' (as the ESPN announcers called him) got barged out of the way. What goes around, comes around Jock.

Does open that whole debate again about 'ringers' at road course races. Me personally, let them race, as long as they respect the other guys in the field who are going for championships.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 00:08 (Ref:3122345)   #60
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizz View Post

Does open that whole debate again about 'ringers' at road course races. Me personally, let them race, as long as they respect the other guys in the field who are going for championships.
Yes, they should be allowed to race. But ringers who spend time barging people off...well it might work once...and then your card is marked. JV might not win a race in NASCAR because of his reputation for unruliness. A gentleman like Fellows, on the otherhand, was able to collect his share of wins.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 02:16 (Ref:3122373)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never thought I'd admit it, but Danica got, um, how should I say it? She got done wrong by the shoe thrower. I honestly don't think she would have pulled it off with all the late restarts, but we'll never know. That's racin' and shoe throwing and racin' don't mix.

As for Jackie V; want some, get some. If you dish it out, you better be able to take it.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3122402)   #62
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Da-nicar should've known better, women are known to be good at shoe spotting lol
Old 13 Sep 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3135172)   #63
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STANDINGS (after 25 of 33)

Elliott Sadler - 936
Ricky Stenhouse Jnr - 935
Austin Dillon - 906
Sam Hornish - 886
Justin Allgaier - 841
Michael Annett - 799
Cole Whitt - 737
Mike Bliss - 691
Joe Nemechek - 605
Brian Scott - 599
Danica Patrick - 585