Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Jun 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3095614)   #51
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to thank you guys for cheering me up after spending a day in a roofspace in 35 degree heat, I have not laughed that hard in ages.
The thing is I don't mind her as a driver, its the hype and tosh that goes with it.
That leaves only one question....
Danicafan what time does she have a dump?
Old 21 Jun 2012, 03:03 (Ref:3095730)   #52
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
The first one looked like brake testing, and the second "looked like she copped the old elbow" to be fair!
Old 30 Jun 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3100265)   #53
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Kentucky, She finished 12th., whilst Johanna Long finished 19th. So far, She has scored 369 points from 15 starts, whereas Long has accumulated 215 points from ten starts. In terms of $s expended versus points accrued, I wonder just how the equation stacks ups?

How long will it be before her marketing team can no longer square the circle with her sponsors?
Old 22 Oct 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3155958)   #54
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
http://www.nascar.com/news/121022/dp...ill/index.html

I fear her reported comments rather speak for themselves....
Old 22 Oct 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3155963)   #55
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The hype is over?
Old 22 Oct 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3155973)   #56
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
To be fair, wasn't all Danica's early career based around open-wheeled formulae on road circuits?
As I recall, they were here weakness. In Indy she had most of her better finishes on ovals and worse ones on road courses, as I recall. She raced road courses, but poorly.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 00:36 (Ref:3156160)   #57
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The hype is over?
She's been plastered on too many adverts nationwide and that has kind of kept the 'hype' alive. This kind of high profile means she'll have a job in NASCAR for a few years going through the motions. Meanwhile she's hurt the reputation of women in NASCAR generally making decision-makers reluctant to endorse real talents like the youngster Long. I do hope Johanna Long has a future in the sport.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 01:22 (Ref:3156183)   #58
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*Rant incoming. Danica Patrick fans...look away*

Well. This is going to be the most laughable cup driver since Kevin Conway. Latest reason? Kansas. Tried wrecking the 83, but only wrecked herself, then blames the other driver for starting it. And she's also going to get ALL of Ryan Newman's crew next year. Really, this is beyond sad. At least we get an extra caution per race when Patrick crashes.

But it doesn't matter. NASCAR has her as their cash cow besides Dale Jr. She will constantly have lots of support and blind defense. We've gotta put up with it until she drives herself out of the series somehow.

This is all going by my viewpoint. It could be dead wrong for all I know.

Last edited by MJ_N_09; 23 Oct 2012 at 01:35.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3160384)   #59
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
*Rant incoming. Danica Patrick fans...look away*

Well. This is going to be the most laughable cup driver since Kevin Conway. Latest reason? Kansas. Tried wrecking the 83, but only wrecked herself, then blames the other driver for starting it. And she's also going to get ALL of Ryan Newman's crew next year. Really, this is beyond sad. At least we get an extra caution per race when Patrick crashes.

But it doesn't matter. NASCAR has her as their cash cow besides Dale Jr. She will constantly have lots of support and blind defense. We've gotta put up with it until she drives herself out of the series somehow.

This is all going by my viewpoint. It could be dead wrong for all I know.
The only reason this is blown up is because she is a woman.
P.S. He admits he started it, and it is not the first time he or someone else has started with her. She is taking way more flack than she deserves!
Old 31 Oct 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3160605)   #60
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should really have put her brain in gear. If she'd simply claimed that it was a bump n' run gone wrong I doubt anyone would have raised an eyebrow. I actually think Danica's continued screw-ups may help Johanna Long as even some of the redneck forums are starting to compare records and ask why none of the larger outfits have given her a test.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3160661)   #61
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe she should get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3160768)   #62
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
After this post, you would be ill advised to eat it!
Old 31 Oct 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3160807)   #63
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Thanks for the laugh, could only read that line in a Cartman voice. That a sign I watched WAY too much South Park?
Old 1 Nov 2012, 00:30 (Ref:3160833)   #64
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
She's not a good cook so you might want to take a pass.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3161594)   #65
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
you might want to take a pass.
Isn't that what Landon Cassill tried to do?
Old 2 Nov 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3161637)   #66
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
http://www.nascar.com/news/121102/dp...xas/index.html

Yet more more marketingspeak Danica bulldirt... how I didn't barf, I don't know.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3161686)   #67
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"We want to adapt to her driving style" implies she has one.

I say that as a generally pro-Danica person, too, though my only reason for liking her is that everyone else doesn't (of course, I used the same reasons to support the Cope twins, and after listening to Uncle Derrike tell Amber that she needed to remember to lift off the brake on the straightaways, I never missed a race on their scanner).
Old 2 Nov 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3161728)   #68
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
after listening to Uncle Derrike tell Amber that she needed to remember to lift off the brake on the straightaways, I never missed a race on their scanner).
Old 4 Nov 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3162638)   #69
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica is running well at Texas, still on the lead lap...
Old 5 Nov 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3162959)   #70
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
She's not a good cook so you might want to take a pass.
You had dinner with her? DanicaFan will be jealous.
Old 5 Nov 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3162961)   #71
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
You had dinner with her? DanicaFan will be jealous.
I heard through the rumor mill that it was actually breakfast...
Old 5 Nov 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3163020)   #72
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I heard through the rumor mill that it was actually breakfast...
I'm going to invoke my 5th amendment privilege and that's all I'll say about that.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3164983)   #73
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been listening to Danica on the scanner today. She was mentioning how "we had this problem on the Cup car." I'm assuming she was talking about how she was driving that one, too.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3165242)   #74
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
I listened to Danica's scanner for most of the race (I also gave Kevin Lepage a try for fun, and gave into my guilty pleasure of listening to the Cope family...Derrike's crew had no idea what lap they were on by the end of the race; very entertaining). I tore her apart over Twitter, but I will say this: both she and Cole Whitt have improved immensely with the Eury family dismissed from JRM.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not all on the crew chief, and Danica is still not ready for Cup. Likewise, the Nationwide field completely lacks depth.

Still, her new crew chief is quite the cheerleader (she needs a Rob Smedley in her life...), and the performance is getting better. I'd really prefer if she'd do a full NNS season again in 2013 because I think she could eventually get to the point of being a solid top 10 finisher most weeks in NNS. I'm not sure she'll ever see the better side of 25th in Cup next year.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3165260)   #75
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Danica is still not ready for Cup.
Damnit, She is still not even ready for Nationwide; with the ride she's got, she should be top 10 every week....

Perhaps she should split the #88 ride with Johanna Long in '13.