Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 31 Mar 2002, 09:29 (Ref:247898)   #51
Gemini
Rookie

Gemini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David .. I used to practically live at QR. But work, finances, indoor cricket, family and uni put a stop to it a few months ago.
Thanks for the dates though. I should have my current Gemini legally on the road by then so might be able to get out there. If not, if anyone sees me hitching or lifting the skirt on the way out there, stop and gimmie a ride please .
Old 31 Mar 2002, 12:58 (Ref:248023)   #52
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the moniker I now own/drive a
Lotus Elise Sport 160, also own 2 1962 Mini Coopers, one works one doesn't.
Had a std Elise prior to the 160, and a BMW M Coupe prior to that (Hence the name). going back the cars I've had are BMW 328ci, Subaru Impreza Sport, Fiat Coupe 20v turbo, MGF, Rover 416, Rover Metro (end of my student days).

I've owned Mini Coopers the whole time, it was the first car I ever bought (never newer than 1966).

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 31 Mar 2002, 13:25 (Ref:248037)   #53
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the way back from the NY Auto Show yesterday, my 8 year old son asked when we could get rid of our M3 (2002 coupe, SMG) and replace it with a Lotus Elise. I don't think the Lotus is imported into the US, but it's one of my favorite cars.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:55 (Ref:248329)   #54
M Coupe
Racer

eatapc,

Lotus are rumoured to be importing the Elise later this year or early next. There are a few over there, but they cost $80K and aren't road legal.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 1 Apr 2002, 02:42 (Ref:248577)   #55
keithahern
Rookie

keithahern should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm also lucky enough to own a Lotus Elise. I was at the Queensland Raceway sprints 2 weeks ago in case any of you were there. Anyway I was very poor for quite a while and for years I was subjected to driving my mothers Toyota Starlet in Ireland (unaffectionatley known as the nun-mobile). When I finished college I moved to California and quickly noticed they practically gave away Alfa Romeos, I had a 1985 Spider, followed by a beautiful 1973 Spider and also a 1974 GTV 2000 - sensational.

Then I came here....and all things european were expensive....so I signed a lot of pieces of paper for a nice man who told me to and the next thing I know I'm driving a Lotus Elise ;-)

M Coupe, how is the 160 ? I would love more power but I'm going to hold off on any power upgrades until I master the handling on the track.

Keith
Old 1 Apr 2002, 19:12 (Ref:249229)   #56
M Coupe
Racer

Kieth,

Big improvement over the standard car, a bit lumpy on tick over but one it comes 'on-cam' it is excellent. The best move I have made was swapping the standard car for one.

I need to get some pics of the 160 but here is my old car, on the nuerburgring.

http://www.markanderson.itgo.com/dscn33582.htm

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 3 Apr 2002, 21:27 (Ref:251326)   #57
SilverElise
Rookie

SilverElise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too have a Lotus Elise. And it's silver.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 05:51 (Ref:252450)   #58
SilverElise
Rookie

And how could I forget - I'm also now the proud half-owner of a Ford Capri 2.8 injection special. A super-sideways trackday monster complete with the theme from The Professionals on the tape player...
Old 5 Apr 2002, 08:50 (Ref:252527)   #59
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like Capris. And really dug The Professionals.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 11:55 (Ref:252623)   #60
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How cool was "The Professionals." That was an absolute favourite when I was a kid. As good as "Dukes of Hazzard" and even better than the A-Team.

I thought the cars were so cool and I still think that model Capri was avery attractive car.

G'day Keith and welcome to the forum. When are you running at QR next and what times are you doing around there, and on what layout?
Old 5 Apr 2002, 18:19 (Ref:252893)   #61
M Coupe
Racer

Silverelise,

Hiding out here as well Matt.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 6 Apr 2002, 01:59 (Ref:253134)   #62
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being currently searching for a second car, mostly because a Mondeo Turbodiesel is fine but is nothing else than a bore when you drive it, I've been testing a FIAT Coupé yesterday. I have always loved that design and the feeling inside instantly made this good old must-have feeling coming up in me...we'll see, if everything runs fine I might drive it very soon :-D
Old 7 Apr 2002, 08:21 (Ref:253975)   #63
SilverElise
Rookie

Yes "M Coupe West Midlands" (Mark?)

I move in mysterious ways!
Old 7 Apr 2002, 17:58 (Ref:254279)   #64
M Coupe
Racer

Correct Matt, very old login ID, 2 cars old in fact.

Jeanburrasca81,

Only Fiat Coupe worth having is the 20V turbo, had one a few years ago, fastest FWD car I've ever owned, looks great as well, even now after so many years. Just make sure the car has good electrics as they are tempremental, and also check it's been serviced properly as they are expensive to fix if they go wrong.

Colin McRae 1968-2007