Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jan 2004, 15:35 (Ref:833581)   #51
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
But what reason do we have to believe he won't smoke Massa? He's beaten every other teammate he's had, some of them fairly highly touted.

Theres nothing to say that Fisi won't beat Massa, but i don't think we'll be seeing the same "wild" Massa that we did in 02. He's had a season's testing with Ferrari and i'm sure they will have "ironed out" that wildness. For that reason, although Fisi might beat him, i don't think he will "smoke" him.
Old 10 Jan 2004, 15:59 (Ref:833594)   #52
Ej10
Racer

Ej10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisichella is a fantastic driver. No doubt about that, he is one of my favorites but he all too often settles into a race and dosnt push. When is the last time you seen him, in a real good battle?

Also he is awful at developing and setting up a car. Jordan stuggled big time this year and last because of fissi driving and a rookie driving. The year before with trulli, frentzen and alesi the car was extremly fast if not reliable, and in 1999 frentzen and hill drove the cars. In my view the reason jordan developed all through them two years is because hill and frentzen are fantastic developers(especially hill)

Another reason i feel fissi has not got a top drive is because he whiges about everything. Manufactuers do not like it when a member of the team slags off the car! Thats why they employ the likes of kimi and young drivers who shut up and are robotic like.Fissi is not robotic and is a red blooded italian who speaks his mind as we seen last year(even though he overdid it a bit and i was extremly dissapointed with him)

And if you add all those things together with the fact that his english is poor, hes tempermental and such you see the reason why top teams do not empoloy him. Why have the likes of fissi when you can have kimi or alonso!
Old 13 Jan 2004, 16:38 (Ref:836861)   #53
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ej10
Jordan stuggled big time this year and last because of fissi driving and a rookie driving.
But i dont think Jordan did too much development last year because of funding problems, didn't their technical director say they didn't do enough testing?

Quote:
but he all too often settles into a race and dosnt push. When is the last time you seen him, in a real good battle?
i am not a Fisi fan, but im not going to be stupid enough to say be doesn't deserve a place in F1. I agree what Ej10 says, Fisi often doesn't push enough, and at the end of last year it looked like he just couldn't really be bothered to race in the Jordan.

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 13 Jan 2004 at 16:40.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 11:18 (Ref:839101)   #54
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Also he is awful at developing and setting up a car.
What about in the season 2001 where he hopped into a car 6 seconds per lap slower than the car he had the season before and then got it onto a podium at spa.

I know engineers do play a huge part but you have to give the driver some credit. So credit must go to Fisi and his teammate that he towled up that year.

I'd just like to see how he would go in a top car. He's already beaten Ralf and I could see him disposing with Coulthard reasonably easily.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 15 Jan 2004, 14:43 (Ref:839281)   #55
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05
I could see him disposing with Coulthard reasonably easily.
If he was in a top team and wanted to prove himself, he'd have to aim a little higher than beating DC
Old 15 Jan 2004, 15:02 (Ref:839293)   #56
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would have helped if he manage to grow up with a good team (ie Kimi/Massa) then merely join a top team at 30.

Maturing with a top team, imo, would really help unlock all the potential you have, not to mention learn and master the tricks and correct the mistakes at a younger age.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 18:54 (Ref:839493)   #57
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah. If Benetton hadn't lost its way things would have been so different.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 19:20 (Ref:839511)   #58
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something to do with the top driver and the top technical staff leaving. But yes, that's a good point I think.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1244977)   #59
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I encourage our members to browse this thread and see what they were saying about Giancarlo last year...

Wrexy? Where are you? Mmmmm pie...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 6 Mar 2005 at 21:31.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1245007)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm amazed to find I'm not in this thread, as I was probably spouting off about Fisi around the time of this thread, considering his abysmal 2003 efforts!

Must have been ill or something....
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1245008)   #61
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
There are tons of other Fisi threads where you were prominent, knowles... I just don't want to fill the board with them at the moment...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 6 Mar 2005 at 22:01.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1245027)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's alright.......I just wasn't sad enough to read through them.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1245034)   #63
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm not a huge Fissy Fan but he did the job and well but I'm not going to start jumping up and down about .
I still think Alonso will have his measure but ATM Fissy derserves his credits and congrats in my opinion this is his first win although the stats show differ

Its good to see that a driver of 32 besides MS and still win

Welldone Fissy
Old 7 Mar 2005, 00:34 (Ref:1245115)   #64
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's about bloody time he had a good car. Well done, Fisi.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1245280)   #65
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Fisi great win let's hope he and Alonso can score some more victories.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1245339)   #66
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
I encourage our members to browse this thread and see what they were saying about Giancarlo last year...

Wrexy? Where are you? Mmmmm pie...
One win does not a champion maketh my friend.

He won in 2003 as well did'nt he? How did he go that year?

Seriously, although flattered by quals, Fisi drove an outstanding race and had a well deserved victory.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1245384)   #67
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
One win does not a champion maketh my friend.
It might...........

Anyway, just an off-topic post. I realise there is the Keke title with one win affair, but has there ever been a title won with no victories by the said champion?

I am pretty damn positive not, but I could be wrong!

In terms of Fisi..... he certainly has long deserved a real opportunity, and it seems like he may finally have it....
Old 7 Mar 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1245439)   #68
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic
Nancy? Thats never a criticism I would level at Fisi. hes one of the toughest / hardest F1 racers around.

He is a true natural Talent too - in karts he was one of the fastest drivers - ever - according to Terry Fullerton.

It must be hard to stay motivated when year after year you don't get that big break, but this ferrari thing sounds promising, and I reckon he would be devastating with the right tool for the job.

I know, I know its only the first race, but he wasn't even trying there and hey I just can't resist such a good 'I told you so!'

Looks like he has finally got the right tool and im very pleased for him.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1245567)   #69
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
It might...........

Anyway, just an off-topic post. I realise there is the Keke title with one win affair, but has there ever been a title won with no victories by the said champion?
Not in F1, though I believe that it may have happened in NASCAR.

Hawthorn won his '58 title with only one win as well.

The current scoring system makes it more likely than before, but it still seems pretty unlikely that one win will be enough in 2005's 19-race calendar!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1245677)   #70
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2003 title could've easily fallen to Kimi with 1 win or JPM with 2 - at one point I was wondering if the fact that the only other one-race title win came form another Finn with the initials KR was an omen.

As for Fisichella, I can't believe so many people had such negative opinions of him little over a year ago. While I didn't expect him to get into a top team by then, I felt he would beat Massa and continue to get respectable results. Now that he has his chance, and got the right start (more through luck than skill, but other drivers have wasted better chances), his confidence should be high and he should be able to fend off any Flavio mind-games, and maybe fluster Alonso.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1245688)   #71
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giancarlo Fisichella was brilliant yesterday in fact he never put a foot wrong all weekend. Could never understand why he was never a ferrari driver.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1245744)   #72
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those of us who followed the karting careers of drivers before they came to race cars had no doubts as to the ability of guys such as Fisichella. In the mid 90's Fisi and Trulli scrapped from the front row in International Formula A World & European championship karting...Sunday was like old times, but on this occassion Fisi had the better piece of kit!..Not before time too!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1245771)   #73
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very promising start to the season for Fisi. Obviously it was more luck than judgement that stuck him on pole, but he still had to get to turn one in front, keep it there, and get the car to the end. A mature performance that just might show that all those who think he's deserved a better car over the years may have a point. We shall see how he does over the next few GPs, but he has every right to be happy so far.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 15:32 (Ref:1247795)   #74
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's driving for a top team, he's supposedly a top driver - it would be scandalous if he didn't win a race this year. I'm saving my judgments for the end of the season, but the pressure's on Alonso to save face.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1247802)   #75
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso was very quick though and out of position on the grid (relative to Fizzi) due to the weather. He set fastest lap and had he been further up the grid it would have been quite a race.