Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Mar 2004, 11:18 (Ref:910580)   #51
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I can gather, we will need to be shakled to our posts as the gales are set to increase tomorrow!!

I have to be honest & say I am seriously having second thoughts about this one now!!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:46 (Ref:910749)   #52
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whose for flagging or observing at coppice then? I'm not offering to do them btw Pete... Old hairpin /sparkplug posts may be in great demand
Old 19 Mar 2004, 13:58 (Ref:910769)   #53
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had second thoughts and providing the weather doesn't get ant worse then I'll be there
Old 20 Mar 2004, 17:48 (Ref:912404)   #54
Tango n Crash
Rookie

Tango n Crash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, well, well.
An eventful!*% day(morning).
Weather behaved reasonably well (not much wet stuff anyway. Just started the pm session and...
recticell's drifting down the track, along with everything else, spectator on the circuit, and no power. We eventually stood down before 4pm. Pity it should have been set for good racing. Well maybe next time.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 17:48 (Ref:912406)   #55
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commeny about being shackled to posts was spookily prescient - I was there today and it was oncredibly windy. All power was lost this afternoon, and racing was eventually abandoned. The last race to start was red flagged, apparently after a bit of Recticel (?) detached itself form a post and headed up the back straight! Fingers crossed for Sunday, glad I bought that fleece at the training day in February!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 17:54 (Ref:912414)   #56
Paul Millard
Rookie

Paul Millard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was on post 38 today very windy! good team tho. also had great fun chasing protective foam bales as they flew across the track.
paul
Old 20 Mar 2004, 18:09 (Ref:912436)   #57
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Howarth
He only hit the wall after hitting the debris fence first, ask Adam
YEH THANKS PETE.....one id like to forget lol.....yeh it didnt even hit the wall....jus bounced and made contact with the catch fencing......well it did wat it was meant to do and catch the car ......hell of a first meeting for me.....shame about today...i hope its ok tomorrow!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:29 (Ref:912598)   #58
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tango n Crash
spectator on the circuit...
How/where did that happen?

No race and only 10 minutes qualifying Oh, well, I guess it was the correct call; I would have been stupid enough to go out there if no-one had said otherwise!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 20:27 (Ref:912694)   #59
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happened at McLeans - I believe on a post manned by Asp and observer, among others?
Old 20 Mar 2004, 20:42 (Ref:912716)   #60
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where was the priest catcher when you need him, or was this poor individual blown onto the track like tumbleweed.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 22:23 (Ref:912851)   #61
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mark_l
Where was the priest catcher when you need him, or was this poor individual blown onto the track like tumbleweed.
From what I can gather from disjointed radio conversations the chap concerned was lost and was looking for the way out of the circuit.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 08:45 (Ref:913550)   #62
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did his dog want to go home early?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 19:55 (Ref:914211)   #63
Paul Millard
Rookie

an excellent days racing and an excellent crew on post 38 shame about the weather but hey it is march.
Paul
Old 21 Mar 2004, 21:36 (Ref:914305)   #64
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As usual a great day's racing and 750 excelled themselves on the weather! Rain by the bathtub load (as opposed to bucket loads), hail, sleet, thunderstorm, wind, sunshine and an amazing double rainbow as well. The cloud formations were wierd though.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 21:43 (Ref:914314)   #65
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes. Weird clouds. Fortunately I spent most of the day viewing from the commentary box!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 21:45 (Ref:914317)   #66
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
Yes. Weird clouds. Fortunately I spent most of the day viewing from the commentary box!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 21:47 (Ref:914319)   #67
Paul Millard
Rookie

the lightining strike on the electricty pylon woke up our observer he was non to pleased!
paul
Old 22 Mar 2004, 06:41 (Ref:914675)   #68
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a great deal of praise for all the flag marshall, that weekend was very hard for you with the gales force winds. On Saturday it was a job to stand up in. I for one think that stopping on Sat., was correct not only for the drivers, but also the marshals safety!.
Sundays weather gave us what we missed on Saturday, that lightning strike caused one of the telephones in race control to give a big flash,
But at least they still worked, phew!!! close call.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 08:33 (Ref:914734)   #69
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Turned up - it was sunny - watched the vees - saw the storm coming - left.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 10:16 (Ref:914826)   #70
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
WIMP!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 18:49 (Ref:915498)   #71
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we @ regate exit wound like to thank 750 MC for all the good racing expept for total of 7(seven) stock hatchs,first inicent five involed,2 (1) breakdown then 2 more involved with inicent in 2 races.
plus the caterham finlly stop.

going to next meeting and praying..........
Old 22 Mar 2004, 18:59 (Ref:915506)   #72
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We saw what looked like going into the desert(old hairpin) on the F4 race it looked liked the side wind caught out one of the cars I think it was an x F3 yellow in second place. Difficult decision to make from 750 but got my support before someone really did get hurt. Excellent crew on post 11 on Saturday and an excellent crew on post 6 Sunday. Well done all you guys for your efforts.
Thanks 750 for phoning round the posts Sunday to see if everyone was happy about staying after 18:00 hrs and also for keeping everyone informed all both days on the radios.
Rich S.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:57 (Ref:915665)   #73
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by rzsio396
We saw what looked like going into the desert(old hairpin) on the F4 race it looked liked the side wind caught out one of the cars I think it was an x F3 yellow in second place.
That sounds like the story Jonathan Lewis told me on Saturday. Apparently he was caught by the side wind and blown off the track. He said that as he was heading for the bridge at Starkeys he thought of Nigel Mansell!

Pete I know what you mean about the flags - at one point I was at the bottom end of the pit lane with a yellow flag and felt a bit like Mary Poppins - I very nearly reached Dunlop Bridge when the wind caught it!

I'd like to thank my two trainees (one of whom had never worked in a pit lane before) for their hard work over the two days under extremely difficult conditions and also thanks to Sue and Nicky for their efforts on Sunday. Very much appreciated all.

Sheila
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:07 (Ref:915675)   #74
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise, thanks to the club for an excellent weekend of racing, hope the races that were dropped on Saturday can be added onto the next meeting, or later in the season.

Fun on post 12 Saturday, and 7 Sunday (still an awesome place to watch cars racing down Craners, despite the frequency of spinners not getting to grips with the new circuit surface / wet conditions / both).

Top marks to post 9 for shifting the car from the edge of the desert in the last race (RGBs), and to the drivers for backing right off and acknowledging the yellow flag, meaning that we could carry on the race.

Looking forward to more 750mc next month at Donington.

Al.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 22:15 (Ref:915770)   #75
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
mini-mental should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend from the 750MC again ... even they can't control the weather !!!!!

Felt a little sad that Saturday was cut short (even though it was absolutely the right decision) as the 2 races we had were excellent.

Sunday was great, despite the driving hale and getting hit by lightning! Having such a great team on both days made it easy (thanks to those at post 39). My 1st day Marshal summed it up "If I can put up with this, I can put up with anything" (spoken like a true Marshal ). Even I doubted why I was there!:confused: !

Observer, I take it you mean Oulton meeting on the 29th May? Haven't booked it yet (don't book that far in advance), but you can bet I will, as the next Donington 750.