Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Jun 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1334546)   #51
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it all sold out then? What's the capacity?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1335561)   #52
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny no one took notice of my post. Tickets are still available if anyone needs it.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1335646)   #53
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets no longer available.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1335846)   #54
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw it Terry but don't neee any, thanks.

How many does Goodwood hold? Is it the same number of tickets for all three days?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1336311)   #55
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bugger I missed out there...!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1337031)   #56
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
You looking for a ticket, Chezza?
Old 24 Jun 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1339395)   #57
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well we went down to Goodwood for the day. Is it just me or has the event really lost it's old sparkle? Was okay but glad I didn't pay to get in!
Old 24 Jun 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1339490)   #58
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats what i thought actually, it seemed as if not many were trying either.

Dont ever go to the top paddock!!!!!! I looked on the map and it didnt seem to far in comparrison with the rest of the climb but it took forever and we missed to batches of cars, the ones I mostly wanted to see aswell.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1339545)   #59
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It was only practice day. In many cases it would have been the first time the drivers had chance to get behind the wheel of their cars since last year. In some cases it may be several years since they've driven that particular car. Also some drivers had never been up the hill before. Can't really blame them for taking a bit easy on the first day.

Top paddock was worth the walk, if only to see the rally stage.

It's been a few years since I was last there and I'd forgotten how much I love/hate the event in equal measures. I want to see the hill runs, walk round the paddock, window-shop at the trade stands, admire the 'Style et Luxe', see the rally stage, etc etc. Trouble is they all happen at the same time. I'm convinced you could spend all 3 days there and stil not see everything you wanted to. Unlike a normal race meeting where you can pick your spot and rest between races I don't think I sat down once all day.
Old 24 Jun 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1339551)   #60
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Wasn't thinking so much of the 'track action' but the whole event. Maybe I've seen it once too often but I remember really looking forward to it in the old days. I remember at one point today thinking it was like the Surrey Show with cars.. now that is not the greatest endorsement I ever heard!

Seriously I am glad that you enjoyed it - I just don't think it was what it used to be.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1339765)   #61
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree Craig, it seems to have got too big, and each year it becomes a bit more of a 'county show' with huge car company displays and blokes selling dodey folding chairs or boats.

The F1 teams have taken over most of the paddock with there lorries, the price's (£1.80 of a bottle of water) seem to have tipped over from the annoying into rip off.

The childrens area was very good, free face painting, clowns etc and my 2 seemed to enjoy themselves, even if the cars where to loud according to them

I doubt I would pay to go anymore.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1339815)   #62
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Craig, the reference to track action was a reply to btracer's comments about drivers not really trying.

I do agree it's not what it once was, although difficult to put your finger on exactly why. I remember 10 years ago being really excited at seeing certain cars. Legendary machinery that you'd only ever read about or seen pictures of and never dreamed you'd actually get to see and hear in the flesh. The sort of thing that as a kid you had posters of on your bedroom wall. This year there was nothing that gave me that buzz. Maybe we've come complacent and think we've seen it all before.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1339834)   #63
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
If it wasn't so eloquently written that could have been one of my posts, Redshoes...!
Old 25 Jun 2005, 14:34 (Ref:1339869)   #64
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Craig, the reference to track action was a reply to btracer's comments about drivers not really trying.

I do agree it's not what it once was, although difficult to put your finger on exactly why. I remember 10 years ago being really excited at seeing certain cars. Legendary machinery that you'd only ever read about or seen pictures of and never dreamed you'd actually get to see and hear in the flesh. The sort of thing that as a kid you had posters of on your bedroom wall. This year there was nothing that gave me that buzz. Maybe we've come complacent and think we've seen it all before.
It depends though, for me I desperatly wanted to see the Toyota LeMans car. The Castrol Supra was another. This year I think would apeal more to the Gran Turismo player than most.

Definatly agree Redshoes about there being so much to look at there really was just so much about. It was madness