Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Mar 2001, 18:35 (Ref:73071)   #51
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meet up = Redgate Lodge Bar???

Best way is for you to take someone's mobile number and give them a ring when you get there ..... or should we arrange a gathering at the launch of the Mini?
Old 20 Mar 2001, 20:55 (Ref:73106)   #52
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Don't worry Chris, i'll be there! Cannot make it to Sunday lunchtime now sadly, but i'll be there for the race!

BTW, anyone told you you're mad before ?!
Craig! Does this mean I get some sleep?!?!?!?
Old 21 Mar 2001, 22:16 (Ref:73415)   #53
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!

Excellent to hear you're coming along, Marshal

Myself, Maisie and Sparky are likely to be staying at the Travelodge in Donington Services. We were originally thinking of camping, but judging by the weather reports, it's going to be way too cold..
Old 22 Mar 2001, 00:43 (Ref:73471)   #54
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshal, I have pm'd you.
Old 22 Mar 2001, 09:11 (Ref:73530)   #55
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I look forward to seeing you all there,

Cheers
Old 24 Mar 2001, 19:28 (Ref:74187)   #56
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm excited ....... first race of the season here I come!!!!! D
Old 25 Mar 2001, 20:27 (Ref:74410)   #57
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by WoodyTJ
I'm excited .......
And the award for understatement of the year goes to ...

Well done Chris, just need to work on those arms crossed stories of daring-do now.
Old 25 Mar 2001, 21:46 (Ref:74422)   #58
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Woohoo! Absolutely shattered, but what a weekend!! Well done to Chris, and all the other guys who put on such a wonderful show today - motorsport is definately back with a weekend, and (it gets boring to say this...) what a superb bunch of folks the 10 Tenths brigade are - think we made an impression with the rest of the paddock; even got a mention on the commentary... Roll on the rest of the season!
Old 25 Mar 2001, 22:01 (Ref:74425)   #59
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyable day, loved every minute of it. Just getting the photos online now, so might get round to posting some a bit later
Old 25 Mar 2001, 22:04 (Ref:74426)   #60
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The gang with the car before the racing started.

Old 25 Mar 2001, 22:09 (Ref:74428)   #61
Carrie
Veteran

Chris and a muddy Mini at the end of the day

Old 25 Mar 2001, 22:11 (Ref:74430)   #62
Carrie
Veteran

Last edited by Carrie; 25 Mar 2001 at 22:14.
Old 25 Mar 2001, 22:16 (Ref:74431)   #63
Carrie
Veteran

There were also some spectators at Donington

Old 25 Mar 2001, 23:02 (Ref:74446)   #64
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent pictures Carrie Thanks to everyone that popped up to see us at a very cold Donington Park, especially those of you that came a long way (you know who you are )

What can I say? What a fantastic weeked. I echo what Craig said about a fantastic bunch, and even my mum thinks you lot are great, so you must be doing something right (she's a natural-born sceptic )

Results? Out of a grid of 25, I qualified 16th, and finished (after a lot of rallycross action) 18th
People have said to me, "not bad for your first race, you'll do better next time" but to be honest, I wouldn't care if I was last, it was just wonderful being there, and driving the car in the conditions

Needless to say, there will be a race report appearing somewhere soon, probably at www.fullthrottle.co.uk, but also Parc Ferme.

In the meantime, some of us are going to bore you lot with memories from the weekend, like the classic:

"Could dwivers for the Piwwelli Mawwanello Fewwawi Challenge please go to wace contwol for the dwiver's bwiefing?"

"Sign here, take your sticker, and f*** off!"

"I'll put a bomb in your house, so I will.."

Fantastic.. Next round is at Cadwell Park on the 8th of April (2 weeks time) - it's going to be a blast!
Old 25 Mar 2001, 23:07 (Ref:74447)   #65
Carrie
Veteran

Hopefully I'll have some decent track action photos just as soon as I get round to getting them developed and scanned as well.
Old 26 Mar 2001, 15:49 (Ref:74572)   #66
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was good to meet you all (well done Chris) and yes Dan Friel does exist
Old 26 Mar 2001, 18:37 (Ref:74599)   #67
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like an excellent day had by all...

Looked as cold as it was at Brands Hatch - we were at Druids and it was far too cold. Even got dizzy standing on the inside...

I'll try to prove that I exist at Combe in May.
Old 27 Mar 2001, 10:57 (Ref:74700)   #68
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cold? Nah... At least it wasn't snowing!!

I have my pics back and I'll see if I can get them scanned on Thursday, hopefully along with shots from the BTCC Media Day, which happens tomorrow.

Again, well done, Chris and thanks to everyone for another wonderful day. Someone please, however, bring on summer!!
Old 28 Mar 2001, 18:20 (Ref:75031)   #69
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Danielsun
Cold? Nah... At least it wasn't snowing!!
Maybe not, but I've been wrapped in a duvet going "Blub Blub sniff" ever since I got home Sunday!

(I did try to post a couple of times but the Ten-Tenths site wasn't having any of it! )

Apart from the after effects, I had a great time. Chris - thanks for the opportunity to help. (Hope I was a help! ) Thanks also for the accomodation, the belly-aching laugh we had Saturday night, and the 8pm breakfast! The supporters were out in full force, (pleasure to meet you Marshall!) and it was a great atmosphere. Good stuff.

"Could dwivers for the Piwwelli Mawwanello Fewwawi Challenge please go to wace contwol for the dwiver's bwiefing?" Tee Hee!

You did well, Chris. With the Kamizazee efforts of the marker-pen Mini, You did really well!

I can't wait for Cadwell. Note to self: Wrap up warm!
Old 28 Mar 2001, 18:26 (Ref:75036)   #70
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I have a funny feeling we'll be seeing you there, Sparky... Can't wait!