Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: who's going to win british f3?
mike conway 14 29.79%
oli jarvis 8 17.02%
salvador duran 8 17.02%
bruno senna 15 31.91%
christian bakkerud 1 2.13%
james walker 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Apr 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1582513)   #51
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, a point I was trying to make...thanks littleman
Old 15 Apr 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1583123)   #52
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
You cannot deny the fact Carlin were more successful than Double R. It wasn't an off the cuff remark, it's a fact.
True, but irrelevant in the context of the discussion. Carlin had Alvaro Parente, who was in his fourth (?) year of F3 and their other drivers were able to benefit from that. Double R had two rookie drivers, one of whom especially so - straight from half a season of FBMW - so neither could benefit from a sophomore driver's input. In those circumstances, their results were highly commendable, which is no doubt why they won the Avon Team of the Year Award. For further evidence, see today's qualifying results from Oulton, where their three drivers own the front row of the grid.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1583137)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely. Wasn't at Oulton (Brands called) - they did deserve Team of the Year award last year and Carlin by far and away had the more experienced drivers, but they still (as expected, imo) did the better job in terms of results. Shall we make it relevant now..?!
Old 15 Apr 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1583153)   #54
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Why? You persist in missing the point... You could say Double R were a *new* team 12 months ago, but not this season.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1583155)   #55
Suze
Veteran

England
No, they're not new this season...in my eyes (as discussed already!!) they were new last season....
Old 16 Apr 2006, 01:58 (Ref:1583280)   #56
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as teams are concerned, I think any of RR, Carlin or Fortec should be able to win. RR clearly have the car/package right now, Carlin have had the engines and have the history, and I've always liked Fortec for their work on the chassis, but I query their drivers this year. Somehow I can't believe that Hitech can be the top guys. Interesting year.

Couldn't believe that recent pic of young Bruno on the podium ... could have sworn it was Ayrton. If Conway is the quick guy to start with, I think Senna will overtake him as the year goes on ... I've yet to see a year when Conway hasn't been overshadowed by a team mate as the year progresses. Maybe this is it?

However, I'm with Russfeld on this one ... I wouldn't say the best of a bad bunch personally, but it has that sort of feel to it. Sad.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 16 Apr 2006, 09:26 (Ref:1583391)   #57
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all know that Suze can't do a decent discussion!

From qualifying yesterday it looks like Mercedes are strong, whether its just at Oulton or in general remains to be seen.

In my eyes it will be between RRR and Carlin with the engine battle being the vital playing part in which of the two teams will come out on top.

If it is that Mercedes do have the upper hand and continue it for the season then I'm going to have to be boring and say Conway to take the title but Senna will run him close!
Old 16 Apr 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1585011)   #58
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that Senna will just pip it, with Conway taking a early lead in the first few races and then start to fade away leaving Senna to pick the ball up and win the championship. but it will be close.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 01:54 (Ref:1591415)   #59
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Duran is the best driver of the lot. Not sure if that is enough to win it though....
Old 22 Apr 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1591982)   #60
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Hey, we have a new favourite!