Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 5 Aug 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1674418)   #51
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Oy, you have to come back, Al!
How else can I get rid of that Hoegaarden then?
I have plenty of room in my fridge!

And I still owe you for that last shipment.

As you can see, I'll be there - subject to sorting out the harmonic damper/oil leak that blighted my progress today.

Rob.

Last edited by R59; 5 Aug 2006 at 21:39.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1674464)   #52
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
barry barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Just had to lay out a lot of money on my business premises and flat above so feeling a skint at the moment and racing has to take a back seat especially at that price but I will no doubt like you Eric, be back.
Dont know what all the fuss is about when I started it was £7 for an entry for a ten lapper and you could win £15 - is this the thing called inflation ??????????????????????????

Old 6 Aug 2006, 07:06 (Ref:1674619)   #53
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Barry, when you started a week's wages was probably only about a fiver or tenner so it is all relative.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 07:42 (Ref:1674630)   #54
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
I have plenty of room in my fridge!

And I still owe you for that last shipment.

As you can see, I'll be there - subject to sorting out the harmonic damper/oil leak that blighted my progress today.

Rob.
Mmmm,note to myself: start new company, export Hoegi into the UK for racing folk only.
Must get filthy rich in that case.

Still not sure if I can make it on the 19th.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1674671)   #55
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Barry, when you started a week's wages was probably only about a fiver or tenner so it is all relative.
Not sure I can agree with that Tim in fact I would say it has far outstriped inflation. Also bring associated petrol prices into the equation, what are they, 5 or 6 times as dear.

I personally think that unless the track owners and clubs address this the halcyon days of the 80's and early 90's when you had to be reasonably flush and the sport suddendly got opened up to the average man, now you have to be bloody rich will never return. I was easy earning (most weeks) over a grand a week in the 80's and entry fees were £40 so small potatoes from my disposable cash. Now I notice guys that were in my line of business back then (window fitting) are struggling to make £750 a week and entry fees are about 4 to 5 times higher or in this case over 6 times. It seems to me that unlike any other business that has to ride through a reccession and make cut backs and drop prices this lark just seems to pile it on, at this rate it will again become the reserve of the mega rich and will eventually die a natural death.

I hope someone with the means to address this is reading this because I will probably continue but I did not do the Croix meeting last month (Post Historics) have not done yesterdays meeting at Oulton (Classic Thunder) and they ended up with such a poor turn out that they had to amalgamate three championships, and will not do the next at Pembrey. I will continue to cherry pick as I know many others are and this surely cannot be a good thing. Someone wake up and smell the coffee before its to late PLEASE!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 6 Aug 2006 at 08:40.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1674719)   #56
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems we are going down memory lane,so,take a look at the crowds club events pulled in in the sixty's and seventys. Is it a case that no one,not even the people who are racing on many occasions, know there is even a meeting going on. Buisness has made me take a break this season,but I havent seen one bit of advertising for any events anywhere,either it is'nt happening or the money is being spent in the wrong places. Just annouced on LBC that there is a super Bike meeting at Brands,never ever hear a club meeting advertised,bums on seats are going to cut the cost to us competitors, not increased entry fee's, get the paying public in through the gates.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 6 Aug 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1674742)   #57
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit of good news chaps. the Lydden meeting on September 9th will benefit from publicity on Invicta FM and Meridian television plus adverts in papers and posters. Any one who can display a poster please send me a pm. The result is two races for £130 plus a free barbecue and drinks at the end of the day for all drivers, marshals and officials.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 11:06 (Ref:1674803)   #58
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Jamie G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
A bit of good news chaps. the Lydden meeting on September 9th will benefit from publicity on Invicta FM and Meridian television plus adverts in papers and posters. Any one who can display a poster please send me a pm. The result is two races for £130 plus a free barbecue and drinks at the end of the day for all drivers, marshals and officials.
And it's also my birthday, so I'll put up a case of beer for the barbecue
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1675607)   #59
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oooh BBQ and drinkies! I will make sure I don't have to dash off to that 24 hour race thing this year!!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1675744)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Rod if there were more like you on the scene there would be no problems, good deal!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1675936)   #61
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie G
And it's also my birthday, so I'll put up a case of beer for the barbecue
Its my sisters birthday also - any excuse for the extra beer !
Old 8 Aug 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1677747)   #62
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the expensive (under statement) entry fee, Brands is now full.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1677752)   #63
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats good news!

Have a great time everyone whos entered!
Old 8 Aug 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1677821)   #64
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hms I really need to sort myself out and see if I can get to this one
Old 8 Aug 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1677876)   #65
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A late flurry then...

Is there an updated list? (with my name spelled correctly)

Rob.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1677989)   #66
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
The one on Rods site is up to the 7th Aug...but only has 28 peeps on it so 4 missing, I'm sure it'll be up to date soon though!

Wish so much I could be there, but have to be at Goodwood...should be venturing there on the sunday though to watch the Legends causing chaos!!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 07:11 (Ref:1678130)   #67
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
The one on Rods site is up to the 7th Aug...but only has 28 peeps on it so 4 missing, I'm sure it'll be up to date soon though!

Wish so much I could be there, but have to be at Goodwood...should be venturing there on the sunday though to watch the Legends causing chaos!!
Wot all 4 of them !!!!!!!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1678373)   #68
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
A late flurry then...

Is there an updated list? (with my name spelled correctly)

Rob.
Look on the website and you should find the spelling to your liking

Still got the four missing entries tho'
Old 9 Aug 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1678390)   #69
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We'll def be there on Saturday now, but not on Sunday as off to North Weald for a sprint instead!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1678470)   #70
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Oh have fun with the 7oaks boys!

Was gonna go to the sprint, but bday is a couple of days later so gonna have the day off and have a jolly at brands instead.
Old 10 Aug 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1679219)   #71
Bag-in
Rookie

Bag-in should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After last time at Brands need to give the car some TLC to the diff and Turbo(thanks for spotting the smoke Sue) so wont be playing, will be a frustrated spectator instead. Should be out for October, all being well. Have fun!
Old 12 Aug 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1680658)   #72
Suze
Veteran

England
Tis possible now may only get to see the practise session's in the morning...tis Sam's nephew's 2nd birthday party in the afternoon so we've got to go to that one! Be interesting though, even just to see the Formula Woman practise and the DTRC again. So frustrating again though!
Old 12 Aug 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1680679)   #73
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I do hope you lot will be generously contributing to the marshals' cake and doughnut collection as I may do a day on the bank.
Old 12 Aug 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1680680)   #74
Suze
Veteran

England
I thought you were the cake supplier, or is that only for 750 meetings?!
Old 12 Aug 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1680681)   #75
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Only when I'm driving or spectating.