Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Dec 2006, 02:05 (Ref:1793216)   #51
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I'll find myself in the minority here, but I believe that there is every chance that Fernando will have a better season than Kimi, who has to make just as many adjustments dealing with Jean Todt and friends, not to mention the fact that Felipe has said has not going to lie down and let Kimi roll over him, especially with the advantage of his relationships already established within the team (he speaks Italian too, and that also helps). If there's significant point stealing or internal infighting going on then anything is possible.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1793303)   #52
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso is the quick man no question but reliability will be the issue.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1793444)   #53
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, looking at those overalls... maybe Alonso is The Stig?
Old 18 Dec 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1793464)   #54
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
Anyone want to put early bets on a third Alonso title and a first for him at McLaren for next season?

Out of the box and he already looks quick. McLaren will be embarrassed after going winless in the season. With the current World Champion in one of their cars, they'll be going all out next season.
The first point is that the current McLaren has reacted very favourably to the new Bridgestone tyres. They have resolved the car's front end problem and the tyres are much more consistent over a long run. The only problem is that the combination does not work well over the first couple of laps when new, which could present difficulties.

The challenge for McLaren's designers with the new car is to keep the good features, but improve the bad ones. As one cynic observed, they're quite capable of screwing it all up, but that's probably a little unkind.

Alonso himself has already gelled remarkably well with the team after just one day. I could give you a direct, if unofficial, comment about that, but I won't because it's almost embarrassingly complimentary!

Hamilton is viewed as undeniably quick and very intelligent, but he's going to have to dig deep to keep up with Alonso.
Old 18 Dec 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1793757)   #55
arnie252
Rookie

arnie252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So they let Alonso loose un the Macca at last? Whoop de do! Not gonna make any difference, Kimi and Felipe will show him the way to go next year.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1794177)   #56
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie252
So they let Alonso loose un the Macca at last? Whoop de do! Not gonna make any difference, Kimi and Felipe will show him the way to go next year.
Flavio is a businessman and I have reason to believe the report that Macca has paid renault around $2.6m just for alonso 1 day testing is true. Guess Ron might be trying to make it worth the money by refusing an early release for kimi to Ferrari??

I also believe that Kimi attitute towards F1 next season is going to change, and yes, he will show Ron why he is worth that kind of money and why he has chosen to leave macca for Ferrari.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1794716)   #57
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
I would say that Mclaren's weakest link next year will be their test drivers.

PDL has definitely lost his motivation because he lost his seat to a unproven rookie

Gary is still not a proven test driver and I am sure he will feel the same as PDL.

Who else is left?
Old 19 Dec 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1794836)   #58
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback
PDL has definitely lost his motivation because he lost his seat to a unproven rookie
I think PDL has really settled down this pretty well, as he knows he's really good and valuable as a test driver.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1794857)   #59
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
I think PDL has really settled down this pretty well, as he knows he's really good and valuable as a test driver.
After experiencing a few good race this season and seeing his colleague Alex Wurz getting a race seat next season. I am sure his mind will be floating somewhere.

Honestly I dont think any racer would like to be remember as the best test driver or 3rd driver in F1.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1794914)   #60
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback
After experiencing a few good race this season and seeing his colleague Alex Wurz getting a race seat next season. I am sure his mind will be floating somewhere.

Honestly I dont think any racer would like to be remember as the best test driver or 3rd driver in F1.
You're right about his ambitions, but it's not a situation of "take or leave" and he is highly considered by Mclaren. Reasonable thinking, he has come to terms with the team and will keep doing his best waiting for a better position. There are many drivers that always are regarded as excellent test drivers an never really have the chance to shine as race drivers. Pedro is one of them, maybe someday he'll get a decent race seat, but foe now, he's smart enough to remain as a test driver for a top team.