Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Aug 2007, 13:38 (Ref:1995847)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J D France
Here at Embassy we're all really pleased to be part of the LMS, and fully realise that we have to earn our spurrs- hence our decision to neither apply for a Le Mans entry this year, nor race the Radical there, which we could've done under the Rollcentre banner given that the car had an entry. We just knew that we wouldn't be able to do ourselves justice, and could only harm our credibility.
I have to say, had I been in your position, I would have found the opportunity irresistable (especially in view of how unpredictable the ACO can be with their invites)! But, I do appreciate your reasoning (and I'm mightily impressed with such restraint!!).

Quote:
Talking of the "interesting" first choice of car, there's so much that I'd like to say publicly to answer all the questions and put things in perspective, but can't, at the moment, and we've been on the back foot ever since the Pilbeam was delivered 2 months late
I'd be genuinely fascinated to find out. One day, I hope?
Old 24 Aug 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1995853)   #52
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Just to follow up on this; when it was first announced that you would enter a Pilbeam in the Le Mans Series, my initial disappointment was subsequently tempered by my belief that this was just a 'toe in the water' in order to assess the level of competition (as economically as possible) before investing the considerably larger sums necessary to challenge for the top step of the podium. I'm probably way off the mark, but that's how I reconciled your decision in my own mind.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1995870)   #53
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Badger, I would never laugh at anybody, and that is not our intention.
Hi JD ..... welcome to the forum indeed .

I didnt mean to imply that you were laughing at folk ..... simply just that you must be having a giggle at what some people on this thread (including myself) are guessing at ..... Anything from a Pug to a Spyker and all the other stuff inbetween ....

Im fully aware of Embassy Racing , and have been a fan of your team for some time ..... and wish you and your team all my very best wishs on your new adventure ..... but I gotta admit , you got me going now !!!

And I cant wait to find out ......... Im wishing my life away here !!!

Take care
Old 24 Aug 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1995873)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I have to say, had I been in your position, I would have found the opportunity irresistable (especially in view of how unpredictable the ACO can be with their invites)! But, I do appreciate your reasoning (and I'm mightily impressed with such restraint!!).

I second that ..... well put Bentley
Old 24 Aug 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1995887)   #55
J D France
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
J D France should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley 03, you're thinking is pretty much spot on. After the initial runs with the Pilbeam, our choices were: continue with the MP93, or have a none racing year (again!), or to find an expedient way to get racing reasonably competitively, and with some degree of reliability ie Purchase Martin's Radical SR9, as there was still a lot we needed to learn about from a team point of view. Whatever the history books may show in terms of results, it has been a very valuable year for Embassy, both on and off the track, and has taught us a lot. We hope that we've brought something to the show aswell. More than anything, we want to be successful and we want to do it with some style and have some fun.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 16:44 (Ref:1995911)   #56
therealdeal
Rookie

United States
Miami, FL
therealdeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
havent replied here in a LONG time but this thread has gotten to me a little....

i just wanted to state that if the current plans are to not use the Radical i will certainly miss it... BEAUTIFUL car.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 19:08 (Ref:1995993)   #57
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal
i just wanted to state that if the current plans are to not use the Radical i will certainly miss it... BEAUTIFUL car.
I'd agree, it would be a travesty if the car never won a race.

But, reliability is everything in LMP2. The only marque which has enjoyed any degree of success in Europe, since the current LMP2 regs came into force, has been Lola. And the two most successful cars (RML and Binnie) have been powered by two different engines, AER and Zytek, not Judd. So, if a team has ambitions of 'going for the Championship', Radical Judd is perhaps not the best place to start. Alastair Macqueen, on the other hand, is a very good place to start.

The announcement, when it comes, will be most intriguing!
Old 24 Aug 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1996000)   #58
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

But, reliability is everything in LMP2. The only marque which has enjoyed any degree of success in Europe, since the current LMP2 regs came into force, has been Lola. And the two most successful cars (RML and Binnie) have been powered by two different engines, AER and Zytek, not Judd. So, if a team has ambitions of 'going for the Championship', Radical Judd is perhaps not the best place to start. Alastair Macqueen, on the other hand, is a very good place to start.

Don't forget Horag Racing Lola-Judd. Not the quickest car but it's reliable.

I am very curious about the Embassy 2008 announcement.

Last edited by FIRE; 24 Aug 2007 at 19:42.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1996449)   #59
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It will be interesting - if he expects to be challenging for the championship, and we know we have at least one Porsche Spyder next year which should be significantly faster than any LMP2running this year then logic would say it must be a Porsche or an Acura.

Howver my guess is that he is taking on the Lola Audi from Swiss Spirit.

Whatever I hope it is successful as the sport needs these sorts of enthusiasts
Old 25 Aug 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1996465)   #60
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The Judd engine is an excellent engine, that produces sufficient HP, but it lacks torque, which gives the AER and Zytek engine an advantage. At a circuit like Monza (where the Horag Lola-Judd took LMP2 victory this year) it doesn't have much of an impact, but at a tight, twisty, up and down circuit like Spa or the Nurburgring, the advantages of the AER powered cars are easily shown.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1996487)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Acura.Howver my guess is that he is taking on the Lola Audi from Swiss Spirit.
Cant see the Audi thing at all ..... its a Delatraz deal and its already been mentioned that Hughs and Manning are the boys for 2008 .

Acura ..... now , wouldnt that be a nice surprise though !!
Old 25 Aug 2007, 23:14 (Ref:1996511)   #62
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
The Judd engine is an excellent engine, that produces sufficient HP, but it lacks torque........
The chat I had with a very depressed Martin Short on the Monday after last year's Le Mans (2006) revealed the extent of the problem. On acceleration out of the slower corners (he made reference to Arnage in particular) the AER powered cars just disappeared into the distance, it was impossible to get past them in the Radical.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 01:42 (Ref:1996586)   #63
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Cant see the Audi thing at all ..... its a Delatraz deal and its already been mentioned that Hughs and Manning are the boys for 2008 .

Acura ..... now , wouldnt that be a nice surprise though !!
Didn't Phoenix Racing take over the Swiss Spirit Audi programme?
Old 26 Aug 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1996642)   #64
The Badger
Veteran

i think so , but for Delatraz . They are running his C6R too .
Old 26 Aug 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1996648)   #65
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Quote:
i think so , but for Delatraz . They are running his C6R too .
It's Deletraz's C6R eh? I thought it was Mike Hezemans' with it leaving PK Carsport with him...
Old 26 Aug 2007, 11:12 (Ref:1996726)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Aiming to win the championship and German engineering?

It's the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP! With this car they can win the championship and the diesel engine is invented by Rudolf Diesel from Germany.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 11:18 (Ref:1996728)   #67
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
It's Deletraz's C6R eh? I thought it was Mike Hezemans' with it leaving PK Carsport with him...
Sorry , my mistake . It is Hezemans C6R , but its being run by Pheonix , i guess cuz Delatraz is the money man and wants his steeds run by the same team which imo makes perfect sense .
Old 12 Sep 2007, 10:49 (Ref:2010047)   #68
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Announcement this weekend!

Spent a few minutes musing over the possibilities with Rob Jones at Silverstone last weekend. Both completely baffled but agreed the announcement would be BIG. Can't wait to find out!
Old 12 Sep 2007, 11:20 (Ref:2010065)   #69
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah , i know ..... can't wait meself !!!
Old 12 Sep 2007, 11:50 (Ref:2010089)   #70
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Announcement this weekend!
Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Old 12 Sep 2007, 13:46 (Ref:2010169)   #71
J D France
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
J D France should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Friday, Saturday or Sunday?
Sorry to keep you all hanging on, but we'll be making our announcement on Friday at lunch time.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 18:04 (Ref:2010367)   #72
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I look forward to hearing the news on Friday....
Old 14 Sep 2007, 07:05 (Ref:2012280)   #73
The Badger
Veteran

Its Friday ..... im chomping at the bit now !!!
Old 14 Sep 2007, 07:10 (Ref:2012288)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Its Friday ..... im chomping at the bit now !!!
Likewise!

DSC's take on the announcement: "expect to be pleasantly surprised dear readers!".
Old 14 Sep 2007, 07:19 (Ref:2012294)   #75
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like for Oreca I'm eager to hear/read Embassy announcement...