Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2658013)   #726
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that for all classes or just the Pro-Am ones? Because I'd been wondering if Drayson, had his car been able to challenge the Peugeots all the way, could have done a Felbermayr and left the driving to the pros.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2658022)   #727
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
(I'm only half an hour in, trying to catch up).

Great move for second by Pirro.

The picture quality on speed is loads better than previous. I hope this continues.

(sorry, that is all a little behind for everyone else! ie, I agree with some of the above!)
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2658032)   #728
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm rewatching .. but i'm at hour 7
first part stand outs .. Pirro's first stint and also Bruni's first when he got a 30 seconds gap to the 45 and Corvettes after the SC. He was constantly in the 2:01s

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2658073)   #729
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
i'm rewatching .. but i'm at hour 7
first part stand outs .. Pirro's first stint and also Bruni's first when he got a 30 seconds gap to the 45 and Corvettes after the SC. He was constantly in the 2:01s
Do you have timing and scoring saved somewere
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2658077)   #730
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The GT battle has been pretty good too. Dani Filth I'm four hours behind you! Although they are showing a touring car with the word JOY on it at the moment
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2658080)   #731
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
8:50 to go now. Corvettes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztnedman1 View Post
WOW. Can not believe corrvette just did that. They are usually spectacular in the pits.
Well they were spectacular!

Last edited by Adam43; 22 Mar 2010 at 20:10.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2658082)   #732
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Do you have timing and scoring saved somewere
i'm sure they will appear on imsaracing.net eventually

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2658086)   #733
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
no they never upload the full lap list like LMS, only best, quali and race result, I asked you because you just said you were watching bruni do 2:01 consinstantly
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2658102)   #734
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
no they never upload the full lap list like LMS, only best, quali and race result, I asked you because you just said you were watching bruni do 2:01 consinstantly
Actually IMSA's timing website offers a lot more data than the LMS:

http://www.imsatiming.com/Results/2010/ALMS/01_Sebring/

You can download the "passings" zip file and this will give you a test file of every transponder event in a session. Much better than the LMS PDFs if you want to plot things.

Also you can download IMSAView: http://www.imsatiming.com/Software/IMSAview/ and then load the "replay" files and have exactly the view the DAGs and Strategists do during the race.

Ben
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2658140)   #735
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
Actually IMSA's timing website offers a lot more data than the LMS:

http://www.imsatiming.com/Results/2010/ALMS/01_Sebring/

You can download the "passings" zip file and this will give you a test file of every transponder event in a session. Much better than the LMS PDFs if you want to plot things.

Also you can download IMSAView: http://www.imsatiming.com/Software/IMSAview/ and then load the "replay" files and have exactly the view the DAGs and Strategists do during the race.

Ben
dude you are now officialy responsible for me losing next few days staring at the monitor, btw THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH
Old 22 Mar 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2658150)   #736
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Quote:
dude you are now officialy responsible for me losing next few days staring at the monitor, btw THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH
No problems.

There are actually very few areas the ALMS isn't better than the LMS when it comes to making data available before and after events. You just need to know where to look.

It helps that I work the series and get all the links forwarded though

Happy monitor staring.

Ben
Old 22 Mar 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2658163)   #737
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can we load the replay, which file do we need to use?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 02:06 (Ref:2658325)   #738
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand how to make sense of this.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 03:21 (Ref:2658340)   #739
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
How can we load the replay, which file do we need to use?
the software seems to have isues with windows 7 *64 for me, but works perfectly if not rather slowly on my netpad windows xp,
to watch a replay, open the software imsaview go to file, replay, and chose a downloaded replay.

they are files in the before mentioned links that are ended by replay.txt

the csv files can be opened by exel, and depedimg on cell formats, you should get a nice tabele of laps for each car, arangent in rows,

the data inside the csv files can easily be extracted into any basic software, and from there it could be reformated so that it could make more sence without the imsa software, example you could get a printout for each specific car laps, or average laptimes (not counting pit in and out laps) etc etc..... I will give it a try over the next few days, hopefully it will be done before the next race
Old 23 Mar 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2658552)   #740
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
I tend to open the .txt files from the "passings" zip file and then use autofilter in excel to get all the laps for 1 car in a block that I can copy into a sheet for the car.

I'm thinking of writing a matlab script to extract the data though. Clever people have macros in excel, access, matlab, etc so that the process is automated.

Ben
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2658730)   #741
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well the ALMS has a new function in this, it does not show lap times (except the leader, per se, start of lap time every lap), but, it does show car position per lap, class, track status (flag), pitted lap with highlight abilities of class or individual cars all color coded. Not as in depth but easy to use. Here in Race Lap Charts, in right column on the page.

L.P.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2658773)   #742
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I dont know if this should be moved to another topic, or subforum even but I bulit a small program that extracts only the specified data for a requested car from the CSV file (witch for now can only be called example.csv). it prints them to an new file example.txt;

I'll upload it to megaupload, along with the race CSV (witch I renamed to example .csv), program exe file, and the sorce code, all bundled into a rar file. -simply extract the file into a folder and run it,------------This is a realy simple prog, and my software skills are extreamly low, but its a begining, soon more features

There are no viruses in this file, if you don't trust a stranger on a forum, you can build from sorce yourself and it will work just as well

ImsaTimeExtractor.rar

you end the soft by typing anything and pressing enter

Last edited by arakis; 23 Mar 2010 at 18:40.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2658814)   #743
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The file wont download Arakis .
Old 23 Mar 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2658820)   #744
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I don't know why that is, here is a re-up ImsaTimeExtractor.rar
Old 23 Mar 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2658946)   #745
AUTOLEGEND
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
AUTOLEGEND should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was there all race and was really glad to see the RS Spyder put up another LMP2 win for Porsche.

Even got up to the Gurney area to see the checker waved to the Pugs. The whole race felt that everyone wanted Audi there.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2659512)   #746
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motominded View Post
Was there all race and was really glad to see the RS Spyder put up another LMP2 win for Porsche.

Even got up to the Gurney area to see the checker waved to the Pugs. The whole race felt that everyone wanted Audi there.
I picked that up from this side of the Atlantic! Lost respect for Peugeot, because they effectively banned their main and pretty much only competition. I'll be learning to drive in about a year now, and my dad and I have looked into getting a Peugeot 107, and...well...we're not anymore! G4J is boycotting Peugeot cars forever! Anyone else wanna join me?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2659533)   #747
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I picked that up from this side of the Atlantic! Lost respect for Peugeot, because they effectively banned their main and pretty much only competition. I'll be learning to drive in about a year now, and my dad and I have looked into getting a Peugeot 107, and...well...we're not anymore! G4J is boycotting Peugeot cars forever! Anyone else wanna join me?
That's just ridiculous.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2659536)   #748
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
No. That is hyperbolic and rather insane. You are taking some unconfirmed suggestions, adding them together and getting 2+2 = 87.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2659547)   #749
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I support Peugeot in their action. I support Peugeot cars. These guys are racing to win - to expect them to race against another factory with a non-compliant car is insane. To say you are going to boycott a brand forever, particularly on hear-say makes one seem petty and small.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2659562)   #750
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I can pretty much guarantee that I'll never buy a Peugeot, but it has nothing to do with the incident in question.

Let's face it, the situation is a bit juvenile by both Audi and Peugeot.